|Originally posted by SonyHD
Cablevision in my opinion has no vision. I'm hoping that Dolan can get something done before the end of the month. I'm not saying Dolan has the financing or not, just that Cablevision really threw a monkey-wrench into everything when they decided not to fund Voom anymore. I'm not giving up just yet. If this really is the end, I wonder if Comcast would pick up those 21 exclusive channels...
I think the vision is OK. I think the execution of the vision was off. Here is where I believe they dropped the ball:
1. Poor programming options....Only 2 packages to choose from
2. Pricing - Way to high for VA-VA-VOOM
3. Content - Half of their exclusives were repetitive old movies - pre 1970...I'm not sure that's the target audience you should be shooting for with HD.
4. No regional sports networks
5. No HD-DVR or DVR period
6. No locals at all..except for OTA...
7. Charged 5 bucks for the first receiver??????
Aside from those flaws, I'm just not sure that current E* and D* subs like myself, saw enough substance to drop their current service. In the end, I think the giants didn't leave enough scraps laying around for the little guy...