Originally Posted by pbendo
I am in Palm Beach County, Florida, using the 8300HD with Adelphia running SARA running v18.104.22.168. I hooked up a WD Caviar 320GB SATA using the cable from Cruz and a Kingwin external box. I got the first 2 screens indicating success (do you wish to format...this external drive works with this DVR...don't disconnect without powering off first) but my recording capacity remained unchanged in the DVR preferences menu.
When in the diagnostic screens, both the internal and new external drives show up with appropriate capacity listed for each drive.
I have rebooted (with the power cord actually unplugged for 60 seconds) so many times I have lost count.Has anybody else had the same problem? (recording capacity unchanged?)
Does anybody have any suggestions?
2 weeks after original install, the usage meter (recording space used/available) has now adjusted for the new drive. The sequence of events goes like this:
1. I keep recording for a couple of weeks until the meter approaches 100%
2. A message pops up saying that there is not enough space to record a sheduled show, and that I must erase some shows to make room.
3. The DVR functionality is unresponsive (i.e. I can't playback any recorded shows, or erase any shows)
4. I reboot via unplugging power cord for approx 15 seconds.
5. I get the standard startup message (this external harddrive will work...)
6. I go to the DVR page and the meter now shows only 20% usage and all shows play as usual!!
My only explanation is that the unit had to hit 100% before the recording meter reset to show the new capacity. Who knows? It works perfectly now, so I'm Happy