I had sent tech support an e-mail detailing a number of issues they should fix and they responded that I needed to go through my dealer. No big deal, just thought I would save a step and actually help them out with some issues I noticed.
While most everything is working as advertsied, I would say the remote is not. Try using the remote to pick a song and you can't even see them on the LCD screen - just the album name. Then, try even picking an artist from Genre, and nope, you can not do that either, just the album names come up. Ok, so not so bad, but then you realize they are in no rational order. You would think they would be in alphabetical order, but nope. Picking any type of music from the remote screen is a mess as there is no order to anything.
My only real complaint is it doesn't look like anyone even tested this with a number of albums in the system. If they did they would have realized how screwed up it is!
Here's an idea for the people at Control4 - pick up an ipod and see how they do it. It is not hard. Genere --> Artist --> Album --> Track. Make them (except track) show up in alphabetical order.
Wow, what a concept.
It is actually a problem that makes me cringe about the system because it has all worked well so far, especially with the on screen display, but I really can't believe they sent out the remote as is.
If you are looking to use the remote as one of your controllers I would wait to purchase until this problem is fixed. (hint to Jim, get your tech support on it today - they should have been on it since tuesday which is when I sent them the detailed e-mail, but because it was from an end user, they might not have read it!)
If anyone figures out how to change the hostname, let me know as well.
Just a few bugs I hope they fix real soon!