or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Grey's Anatomy on ABC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grey's Anatomy on ABC - Page 7

post #181 of 961
In regards to the last episode, personally I found it to be rather slow in tempo because the major plot line was tooooooo realistici.e. patient with positive genetic markers deals with the decision of prophylactic surgery with an opposing spouse.

For me, I like to suspend my disbelief at least for an hour while watching TV. Funny how real-life stuff makes TV boring, at least for me.

I liked the other minor plot lines much more.
post #182 of 961
PST isn't factored in. If it airs, it's fair game. If you're EST, wait until 11pm EST to look in the thread - if you're PST, wait until 11pm PST.
post #183 of 961
"One day for us to be normal"

"Happy Thanksgivin"
post #184 of 961
Funnier than normal episode... maybe it's all the penile jokes.

And there was a great shot of Izzie (Katherine Heigl) getting dressed after not making it with Alex (because of his "problem"). Let's just say based on their motion, they look real and they look spectacular.
post #185 of 961
Great, great episode. While DH sags, GA seems to continue to advance nicely.
post #186 of 961
Alex has got to be one very disturbed dude, or gay (not that there's anything wrong with that). If a woman like Izzie was hot for me, my "systems" would be in a state of full turbo alert, and not because of a medical condition as with Grey's one night stand patient.
post #187 of 961
I haven't checked to see who writes this show, but some or all of the writers must be women given the fondness for penis humor. In order to keep things balanced I think it's time for some vagina jokes.
post #188 of 961
Given the fact that over the years 95+% of all prime time TV has been written by men, I think we can probably deal with a little "imbalance" in one show.

And the ratings seem to indicate people like "Grey's" just as it is.
post #189 of 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnalex View Post

I haven't checked to see who writes this show, but some or all of the writers must be women given the fondness for penis humor. In order to keep things balanced I think it's time for some vagina jokes.

Last week it was even more obvious that all the writers are women when they were bloviating about how men would never have their testicles removed if they had cancer while ignoring the obvious examples of Lance Armstrong and the huge numbers of men that have prophylactic surgery every day as part of the treatment for prostrate cancer.
post #190 of 961
"Grey's Anatomy" creator Shonda Rhimes writes many of the episodes and meticulously oversees all writing on the show that she herself doesn't do.
post #191 of 961
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I could do without most or all of the constant narration. It adds nothing to the story line and is usually just stating the obvious.
post #192 of 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfa View Post

And the ratings seem to indicate people like "Grey's" just as it is.

Ratings only indicate how many people watched, and many of those people, like myself, may have valid criticisms of the show.
post #193 of 961
True, robnalex. But week by week more people are watching "Grey's Anatomy".

Frankly, I would assume many people have valid criticisms of almost any show they watch.
post #194 of 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnalex View Post

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I could do without most or all of the constant narration. It adds nothing to the story line and is usually just stating the obvious.

I don't mind the narrations. But so far none of them have equaled the quality from the first episode. The one that went something like "They make it hard on purpose ... etc.... I could walk away, but here's the thing, I love the playing field." The song that was playing, the visuals, and the narration all combined beautifully, but they haven't been able to match that since.
post #195 of 961
Who woulda thunk it? How unusual- a network series that actually seems to be improving!

Tonight's episode, IMHO, was a masterful piece of work on all fronts: writing, directing, acting. Beautiful, nuanced, subtle performances from every actor in the ensemble.

Favorite dialogue from tonight:

What's His Name: "Why would you want to help me after what I've done?"

Izzie: "BECAUSE IT'S WHAT JESUS WOULD HAVE FREAKIN DONE!"
post #196 of 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnalex View Post

Who woulda thunk it? How unusual- a network series that actually seems to be improving!

Tonight's episode, IMHO, was a masterful piece of work on all fronts: writing, directing, acting. Beautiful, nuanced, subtle performances from every actor in the ensemble.

Favorite dialogue from tonight:

What's His Name: "Why would you want to help me after what I've done?"

Izzie: "BECAUSE IT'S WHAT JESUS WOULD HAVE FREAKIN DONE!"

Yeah, my wife and I both laughed out loud on that one.

This show does seem to get better as it goes along. Starting to get some good character development and the weekly patient stories are definitely interesting. That's something ER used to do really well but they are very weak on these days.


So, my list of "must see TV' shows is up to 5.

House
Lost
Grey's Anatomy
Medium
Veronica Mars

I watch many other shows, but these are the ones at the top of my season pass list.
post #197 of 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnalex View Post

Who woulda thunk it? How unusual- a network series that actually seems to be improving!

Tonight's episode, IMHO, was a masterful piece of work on all fronts: writing, directing, acting. Beautiful, nuanced, subtle performances from every actor in the ensemble.

Favorite dialogue from tonight:

What's His Name: "Why would you want to help me after what I've done?"

Izzie: "BECAUSE IT'S WHAT JESUS WOULD HAVE FREAKIN DONE!"

Yea I agree. From the same scene I also liked when Izzie told him she was a farmer and didn't know him when they were playing the Dr patient thing for his practice to retake the board exam
post #198 of 961
Let's hope it continues to stay beneath the media glare that seemed to consume "Desperate Housewives" from the middle of last season on.

I thought last night's episode was great, too -- the ending leaving us with a number of plot twists to ponder until the show returns with original episodes in January.

Shonda Rhimes, who created and oversees every aspect the show, hopefully will continue to do that with the care she has shown so far, and not get side-tracked by development deals for other shows. (See J.J. Abrams with "Alias" for an example fo what can go wrong.)
post #199 of 961
By the way, speaking of shows which have steadily improved.

"Related" (9 PM ET/PT Mondays) on the WB started off as a pale, poorly-written, shallow, PG-rated version of "Sex In The City". Critics generally savaged it., And rightly so.

But the writing has improved dramatically, and one of the recent episodes (with Dana Delany seen in flashbacks as the mother of the four sisters) was one of the best-written shows of episodic TV I have seen in years.

It has made my top-five list in recent weeks. And with a meaningless NFL game tonight, and repeats (I believe) on the other networks, at least record it. Give it a try, I think you'll enjoy it.

(And if you don't, I am pretty sure the wife/SO and/or daughters will.)
post #200 of 961
Finally a new episode, was very good, though I wish HD PQ was as good as in CSI: Miami, that was just amazing (just saw it for the first time recently).
post #201 of 961
I can't believe no one is discussing the latest episode, it was absolutely amazing, the best I've seen yet.
post #202 of 961
Did anyone see the spoof on Mad TV 2 weeks ago?
post #203 of 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukFilm View Post

I can't believe no one is discussing the latest episode, it was absolutely amazing, the best I've seen yet.

Yeah, this was a superb episode. I'm just disappointed that they have Meredith's hand on the bomb now; in my mind it destroys the possibility of it actually exploding, as I don't think they have the fortitude to kill her off. She's central to the show, but I think the writers made a big blunder here by insisting that she be the star of this subplot.
post #204 of 961
Excellent episode, I was on the edge of my seat!

I laughed when the anesteigiologist showed the EMT how to use the air bulb and then just took off!

very good how they did the pregnancy/ husband accident at the same time as the bomb scare..very intense

scott
post #205 of 961
Random thoughts: Christina Ricci is still a cutie, it's good to see the Early Edition guy back on tv, it's one of the cleanest & neatest hospital on tv, and why do they seldom use eye protection in surgery on this show?
post #206 of 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_prodigy View Post

I'm just disappointed that they have Meredith's hand on the bomb now; in my mind it destroys the possibility of it actually exploding, as I don't think they have the fortitude to kill her off. She's central to the show...

They could always change the name of the show to "Izzy's Anatomy" I don't think too many people would mind.
post #207 of 961
Esp. since many people have never even heard of the book entitled ..........

"Gray's Anatomy".
post #208 of 961
I hesitate to comment as I was VUI (Viewing Under the Influence) due to the prior programming and I may not be objective at all.

But I'll throw this out anyway.

I thought that the episode was rather disjointed and just didn't seem to flow well. I think this show has had far better previous episodes. Perhaps my expectations were just too lofty given all the prior advertisement for this episode or perhaps like I said, VUI.

I do hope that Grey's picked up some new viewers though.
post #209 of 961
I liked the episode until the very end, I mean if the "bomb" can withstand one hand being yanked out and another being shoved in, how sensitive can it be!
post #210 of 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_prodigy View Post

Yeah, this was a superb episode. I'm just disappointed that they have Meredith's hand on the bomb now; in my mind it destroys the possibility of it actually exploding, as I don't think they have the fortitude to kill her off. She's central to the show, but I think the writers made a big blunder here by insisting that she be the star of this subplot.

Like my wife pointed out, the reason why Meredith is holding the bomb is because when McDreamy finds out she is holding it, he will realize that he can't live without her and finally divorce his wife. Very plausible, IMHO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Grey's Anatomy on ABC