or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Dallas, TX - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dallas, TX - HDTV - Page 210

post #6271 of 7246
RF 22 and 28 are the two locals here in Wichita Falls, too. (Our other two actually originate about 25 miles away up in Oklahoma.)

And rgathright, your 4228 should be more than good enough... It's about as good as you can buy. Even if there is some multipath where you are, it should handle it just fine.
post #6272 of 7246
I think 21 is out because of the former KWBU-20 on the adjacent channel. (If 21 worked, KTXA would have recycled the analog gear, I would think.) You're right about KETK. 28 is toast because of Wichita Falls presumably.

I don't remember whether I thought 33 worked or if it was toast for some reason. I can't think of anything off-hand, but I'm not looking at my maps at the moment.

- Trip
post #6273 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

I think 21 is out because of the former KWBU-20 on the adjacent channel. (If 21 worked, KTXA would have recycled the analog gear, I would think.)

I don't have the equipment to do an interference analysis, but I'm more optimistic about 21. KWBU is closer than KAKW, but ACI is easier to deal with than co-channel QRM, so KFWD could get by with limiting radiation to the south, as with 9 (their current assignment) or 13.

But 24, 33, or 49 look like the best choices, as KFWD could both maximize their coverage area and minimize QRM during tropo episodes.

BTW, you bring up a question I've been wondering about for months. Is anyone using, or planning to use, the KWBU license? I heard they went off the air, and I saw they requested a silent STA last summer (which has recently expired), but I'm too far away to see if they ever returned to the air. Any news?
post #6274 of 7246
I haven't heard anything. I bet they'll keep it alive until they can either sell it or raise the money to reactivate it.

- Trip
post #6275 of 7246
Decided to cancel our cable TV and go with OTA TV here in South Garland. Installed an antenna in the attic and picked up the following channels on our two sets (I actually received about a dozen more Spanish and religious stations that we won't ever watch so I just deleted them from our tuners).
4-1
5-1
5-2
5-3
8-1
8-2
8-3
11-1
13-1
13-2
21-1
27-1
33-1
33-2
33-3
68-1
68-2

I have an Antennacraft 5884 antenna purchased from Radio Shack connected to a distribution amplifier feeding 2 sets through the cable system wiring. Most of the stations came in with a signal strength of 50-70% except for one. KERA came in with 25-40% which resulted in lots of pixelation which made it unwatchable. After doing some research on this forum I decided to try a pre-amp to improve KERA. The pre-amp produced a solid 60-70% signal on KERA which produces a very solid picture and it increased the signal strength on most of the other channels except for channels 5 and 11 both of which were rock solid before. Channel 5 swings drastically between 15-45% and is now unwatchable. Channel 11, which had a solid signal before, now has drop outs but is mostly watchable. Tried re-pointing the antenna towards Cedar Hill from 180-270 degrees and could not find a sweet spot that would bring channel 5 back. I even removed the pre-amp and was back to the original scenario where I had everything else except KERA. I'm so darn close to having all the channels we want to watch. Any suggestions?
post #6276 of 7246
Getting the antenna out of the attic will likely cure the reception problems. You might try several different locations inside the attic first to see if you can find a sweeter spot.
post #6277 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLaurel View Post


Most of the stations came in with a signal strength of 50-70% except for one. KERA came in with 25-40% which resulted in lots of pixelation which made it unwatchable. After doing some research on this forum I decided to try a pre-amp to improve KERA. The pre-amp produced a solid 60-70% signal on KERA which produces a very solid picture and it increased the signal strength on most of the other channels except for channels 5 and 11 both of which were rock solid before. Channel 5 swings drastically between 15-45% and is now unwatchable. Channel 11, which had a solid signal before, now has drop outs but is mostly watchable...Any suggestions?

On Ch 5 and 11, how strong is the signal from each without the preamp? It's possible you are overloading the preamp with too much signal on those two, distorting the quality of the received signal. Some preamps are made to boost weak signals but can overload on strong signals; others are made to distribute average to strong signals to make up for losses in the coax and splitters etc.
post #6278 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSHO89 View Post

Getting the antenna out of the attic will likely cure the reception problems. You might try several different locations inside the attic first to see if you can find a sweeter spot.

And FEDERAL law allows the antenna to be outside...you can loose as much as 12db or so through the roof/side walls...probably wont need the amp with the antenna outside (what model is the preamp?...and curious which 11.1 you are watching...the RF 11 or the UHF channel)...
post #6279 of 7246
Signal strength on 5 and 11 was consistently in the 50-65% range with few drop outs. The channel 11 that I receive is the 11.1 DT channel. Would an attenuator help? I've seen mention of these on this forum.
post #6280 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLaurel View Post

Signal strength on 5 and 11 was consistently in the 50-65% range with few drop outs. The channel 11 that I receive is the 11.1 DT channel. Would an attenuator help? I've seen mention of these on this forum.

Yep an attenuator from the antenna to the preamp might fix the problem of overload on 5 and 11. How many dBs of attenuation is the question.
post #6281 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLaurel View Post

Signal strength on 5 and 11 was consistently in the 50-65% range with few drop outs. The channel 11 that I receive is the 11.1 DT channel. Would an attenuator help? I've seen mention of these on this forum.

11.1 is simulcast on RF 11 and RF 19 (their new final home)...or rather it WAS....I see RF 11 has been dropped from the FCC database and only RF 29 is licensed...has KTVT left RF 11 now? I thought they were still simulcasting.
An attenuator will increase signal to noise and reduce signal level of all stations..Again, what model amp are you using??
Personally, I would put the antenna outside with no amp...should be able to get all the DFW stations at Cedar Hill with NO problems in Garland
post #6282 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post

I see RF 11 has been dropped from the FCC database and only RF 29 is licensed...has KTVT left RF 11 now? I thought they were still simulcasting.

No. The simulcast continues and the move to the Richland South site (at the Ellis County line) with a megawatt line won't happen until 2012. They're still on with 750 kW (on 19) and 23 kW (on 11) from the KTVT/KERA facility on US-67. I presume the simulcast will also run for at least another 9 months.

I was rather surprised that CBS didn't light up KTVT's channel 19 facility at Richland South when they did so with KTXA (the 19/29 antenna was built for diplexing) back in January.

One of the CBS engineers was at the last SBE meeting but I go so involved yakking with someone else that I completely forgot to get any more info on their plans.
post #6283 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLaurel View Post

... I have an Antennacraft 5884 antenna purchased from Radio Shack connected to a distribution amplifier feeding 2 sets through the cable system wiring. Most of the stations came in with a signal strength of 50-70% except for one. KERA came in with 25-40% which resulted in lots of pixelation which made it unwatchable. After doing some research on this forum I decided to try a pre-amp to improve KERA. The pre-amp produced a solid 60-70% signal on KERA which produces a very solid picture and it increased the signal strength on most of the other channels except for channels 5 and 11 both of which were rock solid before. Channel 5 swings drastically between 15-45% and is now unwatchable.... Any suggestions?

Just to be sure, when you installed the preamp, did you replace the distribution amp with a simple splitter? If not, you're probably overloading your TVs. We have full-power stations on RF 39, 40, 41, 42, and 43, and the one right in the middle (RF 41) is channel 5, so if there's any overload it gets a quadruple whammy of intermodulation noise plus some triple-beat noise.

As far as the attic goes, the signal loss depends on several factors. Loss through a thin vertical side wall will be much less than loss through the roof. There'll be more loss when it rains. But in South Garland you can probably get all the full-power stations even in the attic.

I had a very similar situation for several years with good results. South Garland address, CM 4228 attic antenna, CM 7777 preamp, passive splitter. I got everything except low-power channel 51.
post #6284 of 7246
Hello,

I live in Roanoke off 114. I am looking to cut cable and use an antenna for my local stations. I am not sure what attenna to get other than it was recommended I get a Winegard HD7696P by Antenna Web. I also saw reviews for a C5. I would prefer an antic mount, but my home has a brick facade. I am willing to explore a roof or side mount. My home is prewired with coax, but I am sure I will need to boost the signal. Not sure what other info is need, so please ask.

What setup(antenna, preamp, splitters,..) would you recommend for my location and needs?

Thanks for the Help!
post #6285 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemafreak View Post

I live in Roanoke off 114. I am looking to cut cable and use an antenna for my local stations. I am not sure what attenna to get other than it was recommended I get a Winegard HD7696P by Antenna Web. I also saw reviews for a C5. I would prefer an antic mount, but my home has a brick facade. I am willing to explore a roof or side mount.

I think I saw your comments on Amazon in response to my remarks about the less-than-stellar performance of the Winegard HD7696P on VHF compared to the much smaller AntennasDirect C5.

Since the locale wasn't specified on Amazon, I presumed you were in Roanoke, VA and therefore recommended an all-band antenna (for WBRA on RF-3). In our area, you only need to get channels 8 and 9 on VHF since all the rest are available on UHF.

I would think the HD7696P would be suitable since Roanoke is in a fairly hot signal area.

Also consider either the HBU-33 or HBU-44 from Radio Shack. I have measured both of these AntennaCraft models and found them to be surprisingly good performers. In fact the HBU-44, which is very close to the HD7696P in size but lighter, was significantly better than the Winegard. The advantage to both the AntennaCraft models are that they can be obtained locally and more readily returned.
post #6286 of 7246
I'm having breakups on Fox 4. I thought it was just the weather, but it's consistent in good weather, too. I haven't had issues in the past. Is anyone else having issues?

Xesdeeni
post #6287 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by re_nelson View Post

I think I saw your comments on Amazon in response to my remarks about the less-than-stellar performance of the Winegard HD7696P on VHF compared to the much smaller AntennasDirect C5.

Since the locale wasn't specified on Amazon, I presumed you were in Roanoke, VA and therefore recommended an all-band antenna (for WBRA on RF-3). In our area, you only need to get channels 8 and 9 on VHF since all the rest are available on UHF.

I would think the HD7696P would be suitable since Roanoke is in a fairly hot signal area.

Also consider either the HBU-33 or HBU-44 from Radio Shack. I have measured both of these AntennaCraft models and found them to be surprisingly good performers. In fact the HBU-44, which is very close to the HD7696P in size but lighter, was significantly better than the Winegard. The advantage to both the AntennaCraft models are that they can be obtained locally and more readily returned.


Thanks for both responses! What are your thoughts on an Attic mount as opposed to Roof? Also, what else do I need with the HBU-44, pre amp?
post #6288 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemafreak View Post

What are your thoughts on an Attic mount as opposed to Roof? Also, what else do I need with the HBU-44, pre amp?

A roof mount invariably trumps an attic mount although by virtue of my near-ideal location and lack of a radiant barrier, I opt for an attic location since it allows me to twiddle with the antennas more easily. As those who have followed me in this forum know, I don't actually watch much TV -- I measure it. :-)

The HBU-44 should be fine with a one-to-one connection and an RG-6 coax run < 75 feet. If multiple sets will be split or the run is long, my personal recommendation is the Channel Master CM-7777. There's no danger of overload since you're some 30+ miles from the Cedar Hill antenna farm.
post #6289 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by re_nelson View Post

A roof mount invariably trumps an attic mount although by virtue of my near-ideal location and lack of a radiant barrier, I opt for an attic location since it allows me to twiddle with the antennas more easily. As those who have followed me in this forum know, I don't actually watch much TV -- I measure it. :-)

The HBU-44 should be fine with a one-to-one connection and an RG-6 coax run < 75 feet. If multiple sets will be split or the run is long, my personal recommendation is the Channel Master CM-7777. There's no danger of overload since you're some 30+ miles from the Cedar Hill antenna farm.

Thanks again. Since I have all the rooms wired with coax, can I use the CM-7777 to boost the signal and use the already set up split (its 5 rooms) OR should I split only the the rooms I will be using now (3 rooms)? Also, where do I place the CM-7777, closer to the antenna OR closer to the split?

Thanks
post #6290 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemafreak View Post

Since I have all the rooms wired with coax, can I use the CM-7777 to boost the signal and use the already set up split (its 5 rooms) OR should I split only the the rooms I will be using now (3 rooms)? Also, where do I place the CM-7777, closer to the antenna OR closer to the split?

The Channel Master CM-7777 (also branded as Titan 2) is a two-unit device. The actual pre-amplifier module should be placed as close to the antenna as possible. It has a mast mount clamp for that purpose. The 18 volt power injector module can then be placed anywhere (near an AC outlet) since the voltage travels through the coax up to the preamp module.

One benefit of the CM-7777 is that should you opt for a two-antenna setup (one for the VHF band and the other for UHF), it can be switched to separate mode for such a configuration. That's what I've done since I ultimately decided upon a 91XG and C5 (both from AntennasDirect) as my "power" antenna configuration to get even the obscure, little low power stations.
post #6291 of 7246
Allow me to mention that I split the output from a CM7777 four ways and have no trouble (except channel 25 which isn't important anyway). Obviously the more outputs your splitter has, the weaker the signal, so you shouldn't use more than you need; but the drop-off for additional splits isn't that terrible:

2-way: 3.5-4 dB
3-way: 5.5-6 dB
4-way: 6.5-7 dB
6-way: 8.5-9 dB
8-way: 9.5-10 dB

I've never seen a 5-way splitter, so I assume you have a 6-way splitter now and just don't use one of the six outputs. If you switch to a 3-way you'll gain about 3 dB; not a big difference unless you have a station that's on the edge of the "cliff;" i.e. you're getting a picture but it breaks up a lot.

Just make sure to hook things up in the right order:
Antenna---preamp---long cable run---preamp power injector---splitter---TVs.
post #6292 of 7246
Ok, got it. What splitter do you recommend? I will probably split it only 4 ways(media room, bedroom, kitchen and one to grow on.

Oh, and I was looking at MonoPrice for cable, good call?
post #6293 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemafreak View Post

Oh, and I was looking at MonoPrice for cable, good call?

I'll defer to JHBrandt for the splitter recommendation (I have a one-to-one connection, no splitter at all).

As for MonoPrice cable, it's very good. I replaced a 75 ft run of RG-6 from Lowes with MonoPrice RG-6 quad shield. The difference was a 1.5 dB improvement on VHF, 2 dB better on lower UHF and up to 6 dB better on the high end of the UHF band. The price was right and the delivery was quick.
post #6294 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post

I've never seen a 5-way splitter, so I assume you have a 6-way splitter now and just don't use one of the six outputs. If you switch to a 3-way you'll gain about 3 dB; not a big difference unless you have a station that's on the edge of the "cliff;" i.e. you're getting a picture but it breaks up a lot.

Just make sure to hook things up in the right order:
Antenna---preamp---long cable run---preamp power injector---splitter---TVs.

Actually I DO have a 5 port splitter...1 in and 5 out...so they are out there..
For those who has DISH or DIRECT and want to use a SINGLE coax into the house, you CAN....there are diplexers that split TV and Sat channels AND passes power to BOTH ports...so inside you use a normal TV/SAT diplexer that only passes power from the SAT port to the common port and then outside, use the 2 port pass power diplexer...Got mine off Ebay for $4.95 each..I THINK the brand name is Eagle...also Solid Signal carries them...that way your SAT rcvr will also power the outside preamp and you only have ONE coax into the house....(Been doing it for 5 years now..my older 5000 DISH rcvr that used 13/18V out to switch polarity would affect the gain of the CM7777....I found putting it on the AUX input would put the DC at max and I could watch digital and analog with the max gain...NOW with my 722DVR and its built in tuner which is better than my TV's, I just take the HDMI out of the 722 into the TV and get great reception...
IF you live CLOSER than 15 miles or so to Cedar Hill, you could put the preamp down close to the ground which will amp the signals enough to overcome loss in the splitters and then some...BUT I know folks living in Houston close to the Sr Road tower farm, running 7777s at the antenna and just splitters and they get excellent gain...there is a 7778 model that has same gain on UHF but less on VHF...since DFW doesnt have that many V signals, not a big issue...in Houston, they dont have any adjacent VHFs yet..but the UHF channels are packed from 31-36....(sounds just like DFW!)..
Remember in DTV, you CAN have too MUCH gain....so dont go overboard at 1st....use a gain antenna that matches your location from the towers, add a preamp if you have a LONG coax run (100+ft) or a crappy tuner (like my 7 yr old HDTV) and then try normal splitters...if you dont get results you want, THEN add more gain but not tooo much (I would try without the preamp at the antenna if you can see the sticks or are within 20miles of CH...depending on the antenna type you have) Use quality RG6 coax (RG 11 or 1/2in 75 ohm hardline IF you REALLY have a long run) and see how that works..then add the preamp, etc step by step....Of course, would be great if you can get a spectrum analyzer to look at the signal levels, etc (a FEW of us have them)...you can really get your signal tweaked perfectly that way..I love having the extra gain in my setup so I can DX when the tropo is in....have seen MS, NOLA and Shreveport stations when conditions are right! Leave them in the channel list for later openings
post #6295 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemafreak View Post

Ok, got it. What splitter do you recommend? I will probably split it only 4 ways(media room, bedroom, kitchen and one to grow on.

Oh, and I was looking at MonoPrice for cable, good call?

Our friend at hdtvprimer.com mentioned someone who's tested 2-way splitters; the latter recommended a Perfect Vision PV22-233. You could gang three of these together to make a 4-way splitter, but the result is unlikely to be better than a stock 4-way splitter from Best Buy, Fry's, Lowe's, Home Depot, or even Radio Shack.

So I really don't have a recommendation on splitters, except to buy a 75-ohm terminator and screw it into the unused splitter output. That ensures the impedance will match, so you won't have any reflections back up the cable that might cause weird problems. You used to be able to get terminators at Radio Shack, but I haven't checked lately.

I'll defer to re_nelson's good experience with MonoPrice.com's cable. In general, avoid RG-59 cable (except perhaps for short connecting runs); use RG-6 instead, and consider the more expensive "quad-shielded" RG-6 for very long (over 50 ft.) runs, or if you plan on sending satellite signals through those cables someday.
post #6296 of 7246
Started changing channels on 8.2 and found to my surprise: AccuWeather!
post #6297 of 7246
I am trying to pick up a distant VHF DTV.....My setup is a RS VU90 antenna at 20ft with a CM777 right below it, RG6 down to the Eagle splitter that passes power both to the DISH and the CM7777. Inside, a normal sat/TV diplexer and one feed to the DISH OTA input....(DVR722 NON K model)
I get the VHF station at 60%+ but it pixelates a lot....I really cant raise the antenna more...if I did, I doubt it would help...have trees 70-100ft away that is likely causing some blockage...
THOUGHT of maybe another CM7777 inside after the diplexer (having its own PS run it) and use it as a dist amp....a 4 or 6way splitter to feed:
1 feed to the OTA input on the 722
1 to the FM tuner
1 to the DTV Digital input (the TV digital VHF tuner is a little better than the DISH 722)
1 to the TV ANALOG input (there are some LPs I want to just keep my eyes on) and
1 left for expansion like maybe a DTV convertor feeding a 19in SD in the bedroom and combined with the RF2 out of the 722 DISH receiver so the TV in the bedroom could have all the same signals the main HD does....
Any comments, thoughts, better ideas? I think I may need just 3-6db more signal of the analog VHF to get it....but if I am going to do something, want to make sure I dont lose ANY signal after the splitters...
I know two high gain amps in line could be asking for trouble..and I dont want to climb up again and put some other POS amp that may or may not work....The CM7777 is great and I will not remove it....maybe suppliment it with another Low Noise and decent gain amp BUT to put it outside means the new amp has to pass power to the 7777...and I am afraid putting too much strain on the 722 19Vs may overtax it...so it looks like an internal amp right at the diplexer to boost OTA signals would be the best choice...NOW to do it without overloading anything.

TIA
post #6298 of 7246
Question to all you smart people!!!!

SETUP:

I am located in Flower Mound, Texas.

All cable in the house is RG6 Quad shielded with compression fitting (installed when the house was built in 2002). There is a 75-100 foot run from the attic/antenna to the structured wiring cabinet.

I've got a Winegard HD7697P in the attic pointed pretty much at 160 degrees per antennaweb. There is a minimum of 2 feet clearance in the direction of the antenna to the roof. Outside is not an option do to wife zoning requirements

http://winegard.com/kbase/upload/HD7697P.pdf

I first merge in channel 3 from the DirecTV receiver using an AIM 15-5883 Signal combiner. There are a few locations in the house that I just like having the option.
http://www.altex.com/Channel-3-Signa...3-P142590.aspx

From the AIM the next connection is an Electroline EDA 2400 4 port amplifier.
http://www.electroline.com/en/produc...fact_sheet.pdf

The first two ports from the amplifier go one each to a channel vision HS-6 port splitter and these got out to the outlets in the house. The other two ports go to 200+ foot runs out to the detached workshop.
http://www.channelvision.com/index.p...ypage.tpl.html
So, when I hooked all this up in February, there were no leaves on the trees and the air was cold and crisp. Everything worked like a champ, all channels were clear as could be. As the trees leaved out, I began to get break up on channel 4-1 and a bit weaker signal on channel 5-1,2,3. I tweaked the antenna aiming a bit, lowered it a little on the mast to give a bit more clearance to the roof line and all but eliminated the break up (still occasional). Well now in the rain, 4-1 and all the other UHF stations are gone.

My channel 3 distribution throughout the system is solid.

I know UHF is less capable to "punch through" vegetation and rain and I may be in the "as good as it gets" bucket but I am considering an antenna amplifier in hopes of leaping this situation. Since I've got to have a rainy day to completely test things, I need to try this soon

Does anyone have any thoughts on this setup? Like I said, OTA is only primary for me in the workshop and the "guest areas" of the house so it's not a must fix. I DO like the local weather stations (5-2, 8-2) though when we are having storms so it's a mixed bag!!!!! 8-2 being VHF is typically AOK!!!!!
post #6299 of 7246
A bit of amplification in the attic to overcome the signal loss from that long run wouldn't be a bad idea. I would go with a Winegard HDP269.
post #6300 of 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post

I am trying to pick up a distant VHF DTV.....My setup is a RS VU90 antenna at 20ft with a CM777 right below it, RG6 down to the Eagle splitter that passes power both to the DISH and the CM7777. Inside, a normal sat/TV diplexer and one feed to the DISH OTA input....(DVR722 NON K model)
I get the VHF station at 60%+ but it pixelates a lot....I really cant raise the antenna more...if I did, I doubt it would help...have trees 70-100ft away that is likely causing some blockage...
THOUGHT of maybe another CM7777 inside after the diplexer (having its own PS run it) and use it as a dist amp....a 4 or 6way splitter to feed:
1 feed to the OTA input on the 722
1 to the FM tuner
1 to the DTV Digital input (the TV digital VHF tuner is a little better than the DISH 722)
1 to the TV ANALOG input (there are some LPs I want to just keep my eyes on) and
1 left for expansion like maybe a DTV convertor feeding a 19in SD in the bedroom and combined with the RF2 out of the 722 DISH receiver so the TV in the bedroom could have all the same signals the main HD does....
Any comments, thoughts, better ideas? I think I may need just 3-6db more signal of the analog VHF to get it....but if I am going to do something, want to make sure I dont lose ANY signal after the splitters...
I know two high gain amps in line could be asking for trouble..and I dont want to climb up again and put some other POS amp that may or may not work....The CM7777 is great and I will not remove it....maybe suppliment it with another Low Noise and decent gain amp BUT to put it outside means the new amp has to pass power to the 7777...and I am afraid putting too much strain on the 722 19Vs may overtax it...so it looks like an internal amp right at the diplexer to boost OTA signals would be the best choice...NOW to do it without overloading anything.

TIA

2 amps might work out, provided the only signal that gets amplified twice is the distant one. I use a 2-amp setup to pick up KXII: I have a Winegard 1713 (?) VHF-Hi antenna with its own amp pointed at KXII; the amplified signal then gets combined with everything coming from Cedar Hill using a channel 12 "Jointenna", and the combined signal then gets amplified a second time before going down the attic for "further processing." I can NOT pick up KXII without that second amp. With it, it comes in OK late at night when distant signals are strongest.

The "Jointenna" is key; it blocks reflections of the Cedar Hill stations from coming through that second antenna path and ruining reception of local stations. The Jointenna isn't perfect, but the only signal that gets noticeably degraded is KTVT on adjacent RF 11, and since KTVT also broadcasts on RF 19 that's not an issue. WFAA/KFWD on RF 8/9 are fine.

As for power routing, I actually ran a separate cable just to send power to the second amp. I don't know if that's strictly necessary but it seemed like the cleanest solution. Make sure everything is properly grounded, though!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Dallas, TX - HDTV