Originally Posted by HoustonPerson
Well the DHG recorded just fine last night. The only reason it did, is because we have not lost power. The clock still matches both the cells phones and the TiVo.
The last clock set I got was last Sunday evening and the PID was gone Monday morning.
Basically, all screens show zero data being received. The only thing active in the box is its memory sections as it searches hopelessly for a PID somewhere on planet earth.
No reason to spend time programming the new remote to the DHG (the one I got for TiVo) since it is now a dead product. Still have the new and virtually untouched original Sony Remote and the cardboard box for the DHG is still new too. LOL
The last hooray is close at hand!
Not so fast my friend!
Aside from the clock issue, the DHG is still a (when Tweaked) a fully functional DVR without a program guide!
1. The clock issue, is a non issue if people follow this Thread and try one of the solutions posted! In one solution you get the correct time but a different date, and the second solution you get the correct time and date but every time you reset it will be 1/1. If the DHG's are now only being used as backup for overflow of programs, it is still useful.
2. The instability issue with the unit is also being addressed in this thread! I have not had a lockup or reboot or unresponsive unit since I took the advice of downgrading my firmware to .13 from .21. And since I am cablecard only and really don't use OTA cause I get those channels in cable anyway I disconnected my OTA antenna and redid the TVGOS setup to zipcode 00000 and no to antenna in the setup screen. Now I no longer get the clicking sound that the unit made when it was switching from cable to antenna searching for data! Even if you use straight cable without a cablecard and no OTA the same should apply!
3. From what I see on this thread, aside from the Tivo post
, the majority of or community are RIP TVGOS but fix my clock Sony!..
4. It does not seem like Sony is going to give us that firmware patch to correct the clock!
We are just roadkill from ROVI!..
5. Other than that, everything is Smooth Snailing.....Edited by izzy900 - 3/29/13 at 4:57am