This is important for Comcast customers who use cablecards - FCC ruling:
* CableCARD fees have to be the same for everyone, no matter which package you have.
* If your cable company allows any self installs, they must allow CableCARD self-installs.
* Cable companies must support SDV for CableCARD users -- this was implied before, now it is black and white.
* By default, all new deployments must be M-Cards (unless you actually request a S-Card).
* Cable companies can include an IP interface in set-top-boxes leui of a 1394 port.
* One way HD boxes without CableCARDs are no longer forbidden and they don't require IP interfaces.http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1283562
It appears from reading the last bullet is that the FCC will now allow HD DTA boxes.