or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Flat Panels General and OLED Technology › Official Vizio P50HD 50" Plasma Disscusion & Experiences!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Vizio P50HD 50" Plasma Disscusion & Experiences!!! - Page 162  

post #4831 of 4847
Hmmm, I just bought mine and it's an F48. It looks great, minimal fan noise (can still hear it with no volume but not too intrusive) and has firmware V2.01 I think? Something like that.

To my knowledge from this forum an F48 shoud be OK and have the latest greatest, I'd appreciate anyone that knows otherwise letting me know.

Also, how do people calibrate the TV for their HD viewing? I have DVE for DVD and just fnished that but I'm not sure what the best way to do it with HD is. I have tried to find a SMPTE (sp?) color pattern and haven't seen any.
post #4832 of 4847
I saw this today. Looked good to me and most folks seem to like it. I've been scanning through this thread and I've looking at the visio web site to review the specs. I can't figure out if this monitor employs some kind of pixel shifting. I'm thinking screen washer is not quite the same thing. Thanks,
post #4833 of 4847
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrell
hotwls, please edit your post above to reflect the *'s that i added above in your quote....mentioning warehouse clubs by name and price differences will get this thread locked...woodrow has already asked a couple times....if you read the last few pages. Gracias...
I'm not trying to be a smarta** or anything, but can someone explain why the names of stores can't be mentioned in these threads?

The reason I bought my P50 was because I saw in this thread that it could be purchased at ******. Otherwise I wouldn't have known about it and where to purchase it at.

Thanks.
post #4834 of 4847
Can anyone that is using a harmony and having it work correctly with this TV check their settings on the web site? If you go under the TV properties and select "adjust the delays"?

What is listed there?

Thanks
post #4835 of 4847
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafara
Can anyone that is using a harmony and having it work correctly with this TV check their settings on the web site? If you go under the TV properties and select "adjust the delays"?

What is listed there?

Thanks
I have the Harmony XBox 360 remote and can't get it to work with input switching between AnalogHD1 and AnalogHD2. I've spoken with tier 2 tech support and they basically said they don't have a fix, check back in a couple of weeks. Others have posted they've been successful in making this work, so I would also love to hear from others as to how they are set up to make this work.
post #4836 of 4847
Quote:
Originally Posted by John L
I'm not trying to be a smarta** or anything, but can someone explain why the names of stores can't be mentioned in these threads?

The reason I bought my P50 was because I saw in this thread that it could be purchased at ******. Otherwise I wouldn't have known about it and where to purchase it at.

Thanks.
I have to agree wtih John L - what is the big deal about saying "I saw the P50 at ***". For a TV that is basically only sold at two retailers, it is not unreasonable to expect to see their names in the discussion of the P50. I had a thread deleted by the moderator for simply responding to another poster that I too had seen the Panny and the P50 side by side at one of the unmentionable stores. The only reference to the store was that I had seen it there - no prices, no comment on the store it self, nada. I just don't get it...
post #4837 of 4847
my vizio 50" will not turn on. tried unpluging it and still not working. this happen once before. thinking of returning it. does have a nice picture, had it for 3 mo.
post #4838 of 4847
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFix
I have to agree wtih John L - what is the big deal about saying "I saw the P50 at ***". For a TV that is basically only sold at two retailers, it is not unreasonable to expect to see their names in the discussion of the P50. I had a thread deleted by the moderator for simply responding to another poster that I too had seen the Panny and the P50 side by side at one of the unmentionable stores. The only reference to the store was that I had seen it there - no prices, no comment on the store it self, nada. I just don't get it...
I too would like to chip in. What is up with this thread?? You can find numerious mentions in other threads about where people have purchased items. As long as you mention only the MSRP it was ok in the past to mention the store. What happens when you want to talk about the "*ell" plasma which can only be purchased at *D*** ????
post #4839 of 4847
I've been watching some of the Olympics and I noticed some Pixelation or blockiness during fast moving hockey or skiing scenes.

I am watch with Comcast DVR HDTV Box, I think it's the 6412, just got cable when I got the TV a few weeks ago.
I see no pixelation when watching DVD movies etc.

Is this a result of the HDTV cable box or the Vizio?
post #4840 of 4847
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi.night
I've been watching some of the Olympics and I noticed some Pixelation or blockiness during fast moving hockey or skiing scenes.

I am watch with Comcast DVR HDTV Box, I think it's the 6412, just got cable when I got the TV a few weeks ago.
I see no pixelation when watching DVD movies etc.

Is this a result of the HDTV cable box or the Vizio?
I've seen the same thing watching OTA on my DLP set. I think it's just a poor signal to begin with, and not a problem with your set or your cable box.

Even on OTA broadcasts, I've seen pixelization during fast-motion scenes. There just doesn't seem to be enough bandwidth for fast-motion scenery.
post #4841 of 4847
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Boy
I too would like to chip in. What is up with this thread?? You can find numerious mentions in other threads about where people have purchased items. As long as you mention only the MSRP it was ok in the past to mention the store. What happens when you want to talk about the "*ell" plasma which can only be purchased at *D*** ????
OK, to all you people...here is the reason..BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT RUN THE FORUM SAID SO. thats the only reason you need. i dont agree with it either, but we pay nothing for this site. the sponsors that you see above these pages are the ones that pay to keep it up and they dont apparently like it when other retailers are advertised on here. also, the mods made a thread for all warehouse club discussion (see top of plasma page) and they dont want it mentioned here in other threads. im sure if you use the proper number of asterisks we can figure it out.....
post #4842 of 4847
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi.night
I've been watching some of the Olympics
you have...oh so YOURE the one....lmao

and to answer your question, its from the networks compression combined with the scaling circuitry...however its mostly the mpeg compression.
post #4843 of 4847
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsz
I saw this today. Looked good to me and most folks seem to like it. I've been scanning through this thread and I've looking at the visio web site to review the specs. I can't figure out if this monitor employs some kind of pixel shifting. I'm thinking screen washer is not quite the same thing. Thanks,
no pixel shifting...thats samsung junk...it does have a screen washer in the menu that constantly moves a white screen with gray bars across the screen for an hour to remove images.
post #4844 of 4847
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrell
OK, to all you people...here is the reason..BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT RUN THE FORUM SAID SO. thats the only reason you need. i dont agree with it either, but we pay nothing for this site. the sponsors that you see above these pages are the ones that pay to keep it up and they dont apparently like it when other retailers are advertised on here. also, the mods made a thread for all warehouse club discussion (see top of plasma page) and they dont want it mentioned here in other threads. im sure if you use the proper number of asterisks we can figure it out.....
There is a difference between discussing a warehouse club & pricing and saying "I saw the P50 at ..." If the advertisers dislike the discussion of other retailers, then why is there a separate thread to do nothing but discuss them? "Because I say so" is a lame reason.
post #4845 of 4847
Finally broke down and bought a P50 today, build G01. Fans are barely audible, and I only hear the buzzing on bright scenes if I have the volume muted and I'm right by the TV. I think all Plasmas have a certain degree of buzzing anyway, but I can certainly live with what I'm hearing so far. It's quieter than my HLN5065's fans were anyway :)

Pretty impressed with the picture so far too, and the Xbox 360 is just stunning on this set. Dead or Alive 4 has a very 3-D look about it.

Unless anything weird develops or I find something about it I just can't stand, I'll be keeping this set. For the price, it's seems to be a darn good set!
post #4846 of 4847
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFix
There is a difference between discussing a warehouse club & pricing and saying "I saw the P50 at ..." If the advertisers dislike the discussion of other retailers, then why is there a separate thread to do nothing but discuss them? "Because I say so" is a lame reason.
1. the mods have said ALL ****** and **** discussion goes in the thread set aside for that...PERIOD..and they run this forum.
2. i dont like "because i said so" any more than you do...in fact i think it sucks...however, the mods run this forum, some of them own it, and what they say and the rules they make GO..if you dont like it, go to another AV forum..there are others.
post #4847 of 4847
this thread closed:

please go here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post7163924

please note AVS is a technical support forum: we do not allow price chat on this forum

Thank you :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Flat Panels General and OLED Technology › Official Vizio P50HD 50" Plasma Disscusion & Experiences!!!