Originally Posted by oldnacl
Not to change the subject, but how do you like the Olevia? I'm thinking about one to use as a combination monitor for my computer as well as a TV. Any opinion if you've tried it?
I haven't tried hooking a computer up to it (the TV is in my living room). As for the rest, it seems OK for the price, but I prefer much about my Sony 32" XBR tube set.
Here's what I like:
* The price (under $1150 if you get a rebate)
* Easy to move (my Sony weighed about 180 pounds)
* Multiple input options
* Multiple PIP modes (I use PIP a lot)
* The styling (even the remote, which many reviewers didn't seem to like) -- it's black and cool
Here's what I don't like:
* Picture seems a bit fuzzy and the colors seem off sometimes (this could be an adjustment issue)
* Slow switching between inputs
* Slow switching to and from PIP modes
* No customization of video input names (they're called Video 1-3, Component 1-2, etc.)
* No channel labelling
* No Enter key -- you have to use the Volume Up key (UPDATE: It does have an Enter key, but that doesn't seem to work in all menus.)
* No resizing of screens in split screen mode
* Remote buttons unresponsive at times
I've only had it for a week or so, so I'm sure I'll find more.