or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › CSI on CBS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CSI on CBS - Page 10

post #271 of 1041
Note that in the past, William Petersen has made noises about leaving at the end of Season 8, so it's still possible Grissom and Sara may ride into the sunset together.
post #272 of 1041
2nd life episode of CSI:NY tonight was pretty cool.
post #273 of 1041
Yes, not into online gaming, but Wed.'s NYC CSI was intriguing. Someone made a smart decision to jump to a Part Two for the conclusion--assuming it's not one of those endless Vegas-CSI serial-killer-type of stories. A nice departure from the usual formula-type stories that require too many shortcuts for solution. See they're marketing an online game twist, too. -- John
post #274 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post

Note that in the past, William Petersen has made noises about leaving at the end of Season 8, so it's still possible Grissom and Sara may ride into the sunset together.

Except that Sara isn't leaving at the end of this season, but in a few weeks.
Plus, if that were true, we'd already know about it. Hard to keep secrets in Holywood.
post #275 of 1041
I noticed the listing for tonight's CSI is a rerun from last season. Only October and it's reruns already ?

Must be due to the Writer's strike.

Without a Trace after is new.

Walt
post #276 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampaw View Post

I noticed the listing for tonight's CSI is a rerun from last season. Only October and it's reruns already ?

Must be due to the Writer's strike.

Without a Trace after is new.

Walt

Great
I'm not going to be home in time and I just went through a whole rigmarole getting it set up on the DVR
Oh well.
post #277 of 1041
Yeah, I couldn't figure out why my TiVo did not record it. Thought is was the dreaded "Someone..." bug, but no. I looked at the program info and did not see repeat either. Finally I hit info and say the original air date was April.

Reruns already. Oh, well....
post #278 of 1041
I missed the last minute or so of last weeks ep. I assume they didn't charge the mother?
post #279 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Patato View Post

I missed the last minute or so of last weeks ep. I assume they didn't charge the mother?

No... but fyi... here's the last 4 minutes
post #280 of 1041
Thanks!
post #281 of 1041
I think CSI is failing...miserably!

If the show last night is any indication of where CSI is headed, then it is in a sorry state. We see hardly any of Sara, Greg, or Grissom or not any of Warrick. It was the "Catherine Willows Show" last night. Catherine is good, but not enough to dominate an episode. Ans that new girl who may replace Sara, she is awful. Some beauty and no talent. Very sad last night, 'cause the story of the horror studio was very good. And dave and the guy with the baerd (I never remember his name) were excellent.

I also think CSI:LV should take example of CSI: Miami. They (CSI:Miami) have all strong characters who get pretty fair amounts of equal air-time (except for maybe H-man). Their characters are more developed and les one-dimensional. In CSI:LV, we hear very little of Lindsay anymore. And Warrick's relationship/marriage seems to have gone to the wayside.

(Maybe ranting a bit too much... )

Oh, one other thing. At the gas station, in the rain, that newbie girl handed the attendant her credit card. Did she ever get it back?

nc
post #282 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillecat View Post

I think CSI is failing...miserably!

If the show last night is any indication of where CSI is headed, then it is in a sorry state. We see hardly any of Sara, Greg, or Grissom or not any of Warrick. It was the "Catherine Willows Show" last night. Catherine is good, but not enough to dominate an episode. Ans that new girl who may replace Sara, she is awful. Some beauty and no talent. Very sad last night, 'cause the story of the horror studio was very good. And dave and the guy with the baerd (I never remember his name) were excellent.

I also think CSI:LV should take example of CSI: Miami. They (CSI:Miami) have all strong characters who get pretty fair amounts of equal air-time (except for maybe H-man). Their characters are more developed and les one-dimensional. In CSI:LV, we hear very little of Lindsay anymore. And Warrick's relationship/marriage seems to have gone to the wayside.

(Maybe ranting a bit too much... )

Oh, one other thing. At the gas station, in the rain, that newbie girl handed the attendant her credit card. Did she ever get it back?

nc

I'm confused. It seems you enjoyed, and hated, the ep?

I liked it a lot, but do agree about the credit card part. Not every episode needs to have equal time, for all characters, to be good. BTW, this is the first time I've read anyone praise the writing of CSI:Miami over LV. CSI:Miami is cheesy eye-candy.
post #283 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

I'm confused. It seems you enjoyed, and hated, the ep?

I liked it a lot, but do agree about the credit card part. Not every episode needs to have equal time, for all characters, to be good. BTW, this is the first time I've read anyone praise the writing of CSI:Miami over LV. CSI:Miami is cheesy eye-candy.

adpayne -

What I meant was that the story had a good premise, I just think it got lost with the all-too-much air-time of Catherine. And I was by no means saying the CSI:M writing was better then the writing on CSI:LV, I just meant that the characters on CSI:M seem to get more of an equal time on camera and those characters also seem to be less one-dimensional.

nc
post #284 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillecat View Post

adpayne -

What I meant was that the story had a good premise, I just think it got lost with the all-too-much air-time of Catherine. And I was by no means saying the CSI:M writing was better then the writing on CSI:LV, I just meant that the characters on CSI:M seem to get more of an equal time on camera and those characters also seem to be less one-dimensional.

nc

I agree with this assessment. To me CSI:LV is the weakest of the CSI franchise specifically because we don't get to learn much of anything about the main characters, and when we do its usual a very subtle, hinting at what is going on. I guess they are going for giving the audience a very outsider point of view of the characters (we don't even know as much as a co-worker would know) and that the crimes they work are the focus.
post #285 of 1041
Been a fan of CSI for quite a while.

What I think is amusing about these last few posts is that on some other shows, people complain when time is spent on background information and call them "filler" episodes.

But, in all fairness, we really don't have a lot of background information on them.
post #286 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillecat View Post

...one other thing. At the gas station, in the rain, that newbie girl handed the attendant her credit card. Did she ever get it back?

nc

Not only didn't she get her credit card back, but she drove away without removing the gasoline pump from her car!
I gotta' say, I just don't like this show as much anymore. The cases used to be a lot more interesting...what was lacking in character development and insight with respect to the regular cast was more than made up for by the characters and themes in the individual episodes. It also used to be mildly educational in the ways of forensics and in all the esoteric knowledge that Grissom would frequently share. Now, it's just implausible, bizarre plots.
post #287 of 1041
It was all absurd.

Why would Artie Bucco kill that dwarf? He said he killed the horny little man because he was blackmailing him. Well if that's the case why would he kill him and the hang him up like a piƱata? And then kill the director dude too? His original motivation was because he didn't want to get caughtnow he's got dead bodies all over the place.

And did I miss something regarding the burn face guywhy was he dressed in drag? I know he liked the first victim but what's with the get up? Stupid show.
post #288 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2silber View Post

I gotta' say, I just don't like this show as much anymore. The cases used to be a lot more interesting...what was lacking in character development and insight with respect to the regular cast was more than made up for by the characters and themes in the individual episodes. It also used to be mildly educational in the ways of forensics and in all the esoteric knowledge that Grissom would frequently share. Now, it's just implausible, bizarre plots.

With all the permutations of CBS's forensic procedurals, not to mention the other networks' variations on similar themes, it's possible that their writers have just run out of good ideas that are 42 minute episode-worthy. What a pity that the viewers appetite for this stuff appears unquenched. Meanwhile, great serial dramas that could brighten up the airways can't draw flies and routinely get canceled or struggle mightily in the ratings.
post #289 of 1041
Considering Sara is leaving the show in a few weeks, why would they bother to feature her that much. As for Grissom, it was strange that he was only in one scene that I recalled, but next week with the crossover, he should get plenty of air time.
post #290 of 1041
Enjoyed this week's episode, assuming they tossed in some tongue-in-cheek, grisly horror-production humor for the holiday. Don't follow the Hollywood insider stuff much, but thought I'd read the actress playing Sara, or her agent, bid themselves too high for a salary increase. Too bad they couldn't negotiate something. But her brief scene in the locker room, complaining about the murder rate, seemed to foretell her departure. -- John
post #291 of 1041
This episode was aired the day after Halloween. It was a Halloween episode and was meant to be as campy as possible. It's that simple. Former weeks, and the rest of the episodes will be back to their normal riveting stuff.

And LL3HD, Scarface was in drag because he wanted to be his victimized love. He wanted to exact some revenge as her, not for her.
post #292 of 1041
I agree, it was supposed to be campy, right down to Ronnie Lake having to go back and retrieve her cell phone and having a dead-on "horror movie" cower in the corner, babe in distress scene with maximum boobage. Katherine Willows has some competition in that regard now.
post #293 of 1041
Well, as far as campy imagery and an overall better show for the Halloween factor, CSI:NY won that IMO. Actually, so far this season, NY is the best of the three, but it seems to be failing in following up on some of their ongoing plotlines also.
post #294 of 1041
I missed this episode, but doesn't sound like I missed much. Glad I won't miss the crossover one this week.
post #295 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kil4Thril View Post

Well, as far as campy imagery and an overall better show for the Halloween factor, CSI:NY won that IMO. Actually, so far this season, NY is the best of the three, but it seems to be failing in following up on some of their ongoing plotlines also.


There's four really. Don't forget NCIS.
post #296 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Patato View Post

There's four really. Don't forget NCIS.

Actually no. NCIS is a JAG spin off developed by Donald P. Bellisario, not Anthony E. Zuiker who produces the three C.S.I. franchises.

While NCIS has a forensic base it has a much different tone. Same could be said for Bones, my favorite of the lot.
post #297 of 1041
Your right, my bad. For some reason I have always associated it with the the CSI shows though.
post #298 of 1041
Do the lack of comments on the last crossover episode indicate the same amount of boredom I've had with CSI this season?
post #299 of 1041
I kind of liked it. I think it was the best so far this season.
post #300 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcS View Post

Do the lack of comments on the last crossover episode indicate the same amount of boredom I've had with CSI this season?

It was okay, but the Without A Trace Crossover part was a pathetic attempt to retain the CSI crowd.

CBS knows now for sure (if they didn't already) that Without a Trace doesn't have a leg to stand on unless they can "force" CSI-viewers to watch. If CSI is still going to be around for a few more seasons (it won't last long if William Peterson leaves), they are going to need to find a good new show that is not able to find an audience to follow CSI, not W.A.T.

My issue with recent CSI is too much of the personal story of the CSI'ers. I liked it when eps were self-contained and were 100% focused on the case, not Grissom and Sara, or Catherine Willows and her child.

And for the self-contained thing, I hate the miniature-killer crap. It was too much of a deviation from the standard CSI outline.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › CSI on CBS