or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › CSI on CBS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CSI on CBS - Page 31

post #901 of 1041
Murderous? Although any time make's a Carl joke it's funny.

Oh TWD... yeah... wow... what a show... lol...
post #902 of 1041
Nicks hair looks a lot better..
post #903 of 1041
Good episode this week.
post #904 of 1041
Nick got his old "do" back.
post #905 of 1041
Finally got caught back up. lovin this show. Shue was great in the baseball episode.
post #906 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

Finally got caught back up. lovin this show. Shue was great in the baseball episode.

Just finished watching the baseball episode too. Pretty good storyline. Character dynamics and general tone of the show is really working for me. There seems to a balance that was missing in the past seasons.

So when was Detective Vega killed? I don't remember him being written out.
post #907 of 1041
I don't even remember the episode dOOd. Sorry. lol
post #908 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer65 View Post

Just finished watching the baseball episode too. Pretty good storyline. Character dynamics and general tone of the show is really working for me. There seems to a balance that was missing in the past seasons.

So when was Detective Vega killed? I don't remember him being written out.

Remember he was killed in that episode where they found out he was doing vigilante justice killings of cold case perps who hadn't been caught.

Quote:


Detective Sam Vega portrayed by Geoffrey Rivas (season 1-12): Sam is a former member of the LVPD's gang unit. He has a son who owns comic book collectibles. In the Season 12 episode "Crime After Crime", Detective Vega murders a number of people who escaped justice in cold cases (hired by a dying former detective). He is confronted by Brass and Stokes as he attempts to kill his fourth target but is foiled and instead opts for suicide by cop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_c..._Investigation


ron
post #909 of 1041
I think that episode is on CBS right now.
post #910 of 1041
Anyone else think last night's episode was one of the poorest written episode they've ever done?
post #911 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

Anyone else think last night's episode was one of the poorest written episode they've ever done?

Actually, they've all been pretty bad of late IMO. I've pretty much checked out. I recorded it and was "watching" it, but in reality I was doing post-processing in Lightroom on my laptop and not paying attention. Couldn't tell you what happened in the episode - that's how badly it lost my attention.
post #912 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

Anyone else think last night's episode was one of the poorest written episode they've ever done?

Didn't think so at all. In fact, I've actually been liking the recent ep's quite a bit and to me the new characters have really injected some needed life into the show. Last night as the ep ended I was thinking that Danson has really settled into the DB role well and the character now seems like the best team leader since Grissom. Don't get me wrong, I always liked Catherine, but something about her being the boss just never really felt right to me somehow...


ron
post #913 of 1041
Maybe I was pretty tired last night and missed some things. But here is what I questioned.

The old man wants to do something to the woman because her company owns the drug company treating his dying wife, so he tries to kill her as she does some off-road racing. And while doing it, he ends up killing someone else in the process. How do you place a bomb on his truck when you want to kill the woman?

The woman's crew members were shot in the hauler in the pits, but no one hears it?
post #914 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

Maybe I was pretty tired last night and missed some things. But here is what I questioned.

The old man wants to do something to the woman because her company owns the drug company treating his dying wife, so he tries to kill her as she does some off-road racing. And while doing it, he ends up killing someone else in the process. How do you place a bomb on his truck when you want to kill the woman?

The woman's crew members were shot in the hauler in the pits, but no one hears it?

The old man worked for a mining company and lost his job and retirement. The mining company was owned by the oil company that the lady owned, so he blamed her.

He convinced the three "damaged" guys to form a race team with the idea that he could use their vehicle as a car bomb and use it to kill her when she was near it. He missed and only killed the driver of the truck.

While they didn't explain not hearing the shots, the easy answer is, that as loud as those vehicles can be, if he timed it right people may not have noticed over the exhaust of the race trucks. (more often than not, the portrayal of firearms on TV is far less than accurate)
post #915 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by earletp View Post

The old man worked for a mining company and lost his job and retirement. The mining company was owned by the oil company that the lady owned, so he blamed her.

He convinced the three "damaged" guys to form a race team with the idea that he could use their vehicle as a car bomb and use it to kill her when she was near it. He missed and only killed the driver of the truck.

While they didn't explain not hearing the shots, the easy answer is, that as loud as those vehicles can be, if he timed it right people may not have noticed over the exhaust of the race trucks. (more often than not, the portrayal of firearms on TV is far less than accurate)

Yes, what Earl said! And I might add, he could have used a silencer that would have made the gun shots even less likely to be heard as well.


ron
post #916 of 1041
I didn't really like last night's episode either. Although, it wasn't horrible.
post #917 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

Anyone else think last night's episode was one of the poorest written episode they've ever done?

I thought it was awful, and I also think the stories have gotten worse lately. This week we're supposed to buy that the big plan was to detonate a bomb close enough to the target to kill her? And we're going to do this in the middle of 100's of square miles of desert, in the middle of a high speed race!? Really? That didn't work, and we end killing off the target's crew with gun? What, the oil exec was immune to bullets?

The plot this week made absolutely no sense at all. This show has been reaching for stories for awhile now, and while it will likely return next season, I think I'm done with it, there's too many better written shows on TV to spend time watching this show struggle to come up with something new each week, a story even more outlandish than the last one.
post #918 of 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by earletp View Post

The old man worked for a mining company and lost his job and retirement. The mining company was owned by the oil company that the lady owned, so he blamed her.

He convinced the three "damaged" guys to form a race team with the idea that he could use their vehicle as a car bomb and use it to kill her when she was near it. He missed and only killed the driver of the truck.

While they didn't explain not hearing the shots, the easy answer is, that as loud as those vehicles can be, if he timed it right people may not have noticed over the exhaust of the race trucks. (more often than not, the portrayal of firearms on TV is far less than accurate)

I got all of that. My point was to blow up his new "buddies" just to get to the woman was dumb IMO. Maybe he wanted to make it look like they killed the woman instead of him. Still, trying to do something like that in the manner in the way it was written was too far-fetched, even for this show.
post #919 of 1041
csi use to be my favorite and a must watch
i was barely able to sit through last episode
post #920 of 1041
I'm afraid you guys who have been watching CSI for realistic, life-like scenarios have apparently been trying to fool yourselves for years then. It's never been realistic since the beginning.


ron
post #921 of 1041
This episode seemed to cast a negative light on those who might want to protest bad corporate policy. It reminded me of some of the anti-antiwar cheapo films from the late 1960s or early 1970s. It's like they have a writer who doesn't like such dissidence.
post #922 of 1041
Surprising, but nice to see Paula Marshall. Rest of the show was Meh.
post #923 of 1041
Maybe I missed it but they never explained how the co-driver got out unscathed.
post #924 of 1041
You didn't miss it....they never explained it.
post #925 of 1041
Yeah . . . wasn't impressed. And I've liked this season with DB better than most recent seasons (which isn't saying much )
post #926 of 1041
For as lame as last week's show was, this week's was pretty good. Nice cliffhanger to end it.
post #927 of 1041
So what do we have? Danson's granddaughter kidnapped, the undersheriff shot, Shue being watched...didn't anyone go after Stokes? The "karma" message suggested that the ex-sheriff was behind it, but it seems that Stokes would be much higher on his hit list than Shue...
post #928 of 1041
Isn't Eads' contract up, and whether he re-signs or not determines if his character leaves or stays?
post #929 of 1041
My my, that was a busy episode

Pretty good, though. Kinda eery at the end, you knew somethings were happening to somebody. Very suspenseful few minutes . . .
post #930 of 1041
was that the last eppy of the season? Good send off if it was..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › CSI on CBS