Hi to all,
I got my 1920 three days ago, here are my first impressions, notice it is the European version, firmware is 1.17:
- No macroblocking on my CRT 32' panny so far
- It plays all Divx files I have tried so far from DVDs, but I'm having a problem displaying subtitles. I burt on a dvd a movie and 3 subtitles files; the name being the movie's name and used three different extensions, txt, srt & sub. None worked!
- Zoom is very handy for divx, with the proper combination of the player's and tv's zoom I can fill almost all the screen no matter what the movie's resolution.
- The 1920's S-video PQ is better than my HTPC's ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. I'm waiting for an IXOS SCART-SCART RGB cable for an even better picture
- I haven't experienced any power on-off problem no matter how I stopped the movie and turned off the player. This probably verifies that HDMI causes the problem.
- I do not own an SACDs yet, so I'll have to check on this later...
Hope these help, I'd appreciate some on the divx subtitles issue.