- initial load of html (before icons) 4 seconds
- page displayed correctly (in its final state) before the icons finished loading
- total time (after icons) 7 seconds.
- EDIT: second try, total time, 9 seconds.http://www.dbstalk.com/index.php
- total time 4 seconds
- I didn't notice a delay between when the page first loaded and icons were done.http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...php?forumid=19
- 9 seconds right now with two browsers with AVS open. Pretty good for this website lately.
- EDIT: 17 seconds with one browser open. Page text is bouncing all over the place until that 17 seconds is up. I scrolled down to push the edit button here without waiting, and just as I clicked the screen bounced so I clicked in the message body of someone else's post. Obviously I was able to scroll to the edit button again.
|Do you have a software firewall in place like Norton? I have found it to a factor in messing up sites and things like caches.
I'm using a hardware firewall. I have norton anti-virus, but not norton firewall.
I tried clearing my IE cache, and setting
Now, 2nd try (after cache is loaded)http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...php?forumid=19
- 4 seconds with one browser with AVS open.
- no apparent page text bounce, on any page I've been to before
- getting into this editpost.php page the first time did have a lot of page text bounce.
Page text bounce should not happen if the webserver sends height and width of icons/images to the browser in the html tags.
EDIT EDIT: Nope. We can't use
because when I go to editpost.php, it shows the cashed version of the page (the prior prior edit) rather than the current one. So I can't re-edit as long as it's set to Never.