or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Weeds' on SHO HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Weeds' on SHO HD - Page 7

post #181 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe noche View Post

She was terrific on The West Wing as well.

What was her role on West Wing ? I had been a fan for a while and lost interest the last couple of seasons.
post #182 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocky View Post

What was her role on West Wing ? I had been a fan for a while and lost interest the last couple of seasons.

Mary-Louise Parker
Role: Amy Gardner

http://www.tv.com/the-west-wing/show...?tag=tabs;cast
post #183 of 1091
I thought the scene in the school cafeteria where Nancy's young son describes his experiences in the house of ill repute was hysterical, especially his wonderment at being cleaned up with a "warm towel." My daughter said, "Whoever wrote that scene HAS to have a 12 year old."

The lazy but quick witted brother in law continues to be wonderful, too. I was howling with laughter by the time he had finished working over the principal after the principal had overheard what the kid told his friends in the cafeteria and was going to punish the kid.
post #184 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocky View Post

What was her role on West Wing ? I had been a fan for a while and lost interest the last couple of seasons.

I believe she makes her first appearance as Amy in season 3. If you gave up on The West Wing after season 2, do yourself a favor and rent seasons 3 and 4. They are every bit as good (if not better than) as the first 2 seasons.
post #185 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe noche View Post

I believe she makes her first appearance as Amy in season 3.

Correct
Season 3, Episode 9- The Women of Qumar


"The West Wing" (23 episodes)

The Women of Qumar (28 November 2001) - Amy Gardner
H.Con-172 (9 January 2002) - Amy Gardner
100,000 Airplanes (16 January 2002) - Amy Gardner
The Two Bartlets (30 January 2002) - Amy Gardner
Dead Irish Writers (6 March 2002) - Amy Gardner
We Killed Yamamoto (15 May 2002) - Amy Gardner
Posse Comitatus (22 May 2002) - Amy Gardner
College Kids (2 October 2002) - Amy Gardner
The Red Mass (9 October 2002) - Amy Gardner
Debate Camp (16 October 2002) - Amy Gardner
Process Stories (13 November 2002) - Amy Gardner
Arctic Radar (27 November 2002) - Amy Gardner
Red Haven's on Fire (26 February 2003) - Amy Gardner
Privateers (26 March 2003) - Amy Gardner
Commencement (7 May 2003) - Amy Gardner
Twenty Five (14 May 2003) - Amy Gardner
Dogs of War (1 October 2003) - Amy Gardner
Jefferson Lives (8 October 2003) - Amy Gardner
Han (22 October 2003) - Amy Gardner
Constituency of One (29 October 2003) - Amy Gardner
Freedonia (16 February 2005) - Amy Gardner
Requiem (16 April 2006) - Amy Gardner
The Last Hurrah (30 April 2006) - Amy Gardner
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000571/f...ries#tt0200276

Then go to
http://www.tv.com/the-west-wing/show...=tabs;episodes
post #186 of 1091
Did she play Josh's girlfriend, who is also the aide Mrs Bartlett ?
post #187 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocky View Post

Did she play Josh's girlfriend, who is also the aide Mrs Bartlett ?

Yes....and a major force in the politics of "women's issues"
post #188 of 1091
Holy strap-on.....Batman
post #189 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe noche View Post

Holy strap-on.....Batman


lol, he asked her if she could handle it.
post #190 of 1091
I haven't laughed so hard in years as I did last night when she pulled that "Thing" from under the bed.
post #191 of 1091
This is the best comedy in the air right now.

The things you can do in a premium cable channel if you are creative...
post #192 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary*w* View Post

I haven't laughed so hard in years as I did last night when she pulled that "Thing" from under the bed.

....including the timing of his expression at the "moment" to the
sound of ringing school bells in the next scene....... Hilarious!!!!
post #193 of 1091
I really have to commend Showtime. They made Weeds into an excellent show. They even want to make you see how they're going present the opening theme song each week.

larry
post #194 of 1091
Another great ep this week. With the demise of Deadwood and the break in HBO's other shows this is a nice change from the normal network stuff.
post #195 of 1091
It surprises me not at all that no one has yet posted about this week's episode of Weeds. I watched the first ten minutes, which included a maiming and some heavy handed Hollywood political humor. At that point I was so turned off that I not only deleted this week's episode from my DVR, I also cancelled my season pass to record future episodes.

I had admired how the show's creative people were able to stay on their high wire and maintain interest in the show and its characters, despite its outlandish plots. In fact the first season was absolutely wonderful. The slippage began last week with a not very funny sex scene involving Nancy's brother in law, which, heaven help us, they reprised in the teaser for this week's episode. Well, this week they fell off the high wire and hit the sawdust with a responding Splat!, it seemed to me. Yuck! But its biggest failing, I thought, was that it just wasn't very funny.

Goodbye Weeds. It was great while it lasted.
post #196 of 1091
are you talking about the finger toes scene?

I loved last night episode!
post #197 of 1091
On the 10pm showing last night, I had some really bad "pulsing" during the dark scene near the end (when she is first outside, and then inside the DEA agent's house). I'm taking about the picture pulsing from dark to light....

Anyone else?

(I'm on Time Warner Cable in NYC, w/a 3800HD DVR, but I was watching it "live")

If you haven't yet watched it, pay attention to the scenes I'm talking about....
post #198 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_bernstein View Post

On the 10pm showing last night, I had some really bad "pulsing" during the dark scene near the end (when she is first outside, and then inside the DEA agent's house). I'm taking about the picture pulsing from dark to light....

Anyone else?

(I'm on Time Warner Cable in NYC, w/a 3800HD DVR, but I was watching it "live")

If you haven't yet watched it, pay attention to the scenes I'm talking about....

Hey there Scott, I saw that same anomaly (on the same TWCNY system).

It looked to me like the camera battery was running out. I strongly doubt that's the case but if you ever were shooting something and the battery's fading, it looks just like that.
post #199 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsra13 View Post

are you talking about the finger toes scene?

I loved last night episode!


me too. and if your're talking about the debate scene and the bush crack, that was hilarious. unless you like dubya, that is...
post #200 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I watched the first ten minutes, which included a maiming and some heavy handed Hollywood political humor. At that point I was so turned off that I not only deleted this week's episode from my DVR, I also cancelled my season pass to record future episodes.

While I agree with the "heavy handed Hollywood political humor" comment, I have to say it's too bad that you turned off the show after 10 minutes. You missed the hot Israeli girl in a brief nude scene!
post #201 of 1091
Can't read this thread yet. I have not watched last nights epsiode.
I will reply back on what i thought about it later.
(CSI: Miami and Weeds is on at the same time.. gotta record one of them.)
post #202 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by samberger View Post

me too. and if your're talking about the debate scene and the bush crack, that was hilarious. unless you like dubya, that is...

I don't think it's a matter of liking or disliking the President.

It just seemed a bit contrived. I'll believe an 11 year old has such an emphatic opinion on contemporary politics as I would expect to see Barney taking his costume head off to reveal Al Franken. But then again, who knows
post #203 of 1091
My daughter thought it was funny, too, so the posters here that thought so are in good company. She told me on the phone earlier that she laughed so hard at the "toes" scene, she woke up her son. Go figure.

I don't mind politician bashing either but when it's both heavy handed and not really funny, it makes me wonder what the point was.
post #204 of 1091
I'm wavering a bit on this show myself, especially after seeing the previews with Snoop Dogg and a song about Nancy, that's just a bit too much "Hollywood insider" foolishness for me, the man is far too recognizable to play anyone but himself and that would really stretch the suburban mom pot-dealer scenario.
post #205 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I'm wavering a bit on this show myself, especially after seeing the previews with Snoop Dogg and a song about Nancy, that's just a bit too much "Hollywood insider" foolishness for me, the man is far too recognizable to play anyone but himself and that would really stretch the suburban mom pot-dealer scenario.

Keenan, I thought the same thing about the Snoop preview. That is just way over the top. I've come to expect that sort of crap from the L-Word but I thought Weeds wouldn't stoop to it. I don't like to throw around the much overused term "Jumping the Shark" but Nancy dancing in a rap studio with Snoop Dogg is certianly a JTS moment.
post #206 of 1091
While I loves me some Bush-bashing and think history will judge the little girl's comment to be entirely correct, that scene seemed forced; just didn't work. In general, this was kind of a "downer" of an episode and not as funny as most others. I thought Doug got a little bit shrill during the election and a bit too mean in the aftermath, especially to his best friend Dean, and that seemed out of character. And Andy fessing up to his Israeli chick so soon seemed a big miscalculation that he'd be unlikely to make.

All in all, one of the weaker episodes. Hopefully, it will get back on track next week. As to Snoop being so recognizable, I think that's part of the joke: everybody knows what a stoner he is, so it fits pretty well into the show.
post #207 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post


All in all, one of the weaker episodes. Hopefully, it will get back on track next week. As to Snoop being so recognizable, I think that's part of the joke: everybody knows what a stoner he is, so it fits pretty well into the show.

Yes, but then we lose the illusion that this is about a suburban mom trying to make a living by selling pot. I mean, might as well have Willie Nelson do a guest spot on a later episode.

swamphhh, yeah, I'm thinking it may very well be a JTS moment myself, we'll have to see how it plays out next week.
post #208 of 1091
Holy Crap people, lighten up. It's Weeds, not a meeting of Congress.

Andy , the Isralie girl and the strap-on . It doesn't get funnier than that !

The Bush comment, very funny.

Snoop Dog ,lets wait and see how that plays out.

The dog, finger up the ass and the toes. Good stuff people !

Some of you need to get out more often.
post #209 of 1091
Anyone catch a screen shot of the israeli girl last nigh? It went by so fast, I almost missed it.
post #210 of 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

Anyone catch a screen shot of the israeli girl last nigh? It went by so fast, I almost missed it.

No screenshot, but I went back and replayed it. Delightful.

Andy: "I found your gimmel-spot". Hilarious!

Yael: "I thought you had RUACH!" [RUACH: three words in English describe the three main uses of ruach: "wind, breath, & spirit". It can be used as the Spirit of God. In mankind, ruach further denotes the principle of life that possesses reason, will, and conscience. The ruach departs the divine image to man.]

Andy: "I have PLENTY of ruach!"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Weeds' on SHO HD