Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC
Sandman, What happened did you fall off a ladder or something?
After starting this great thread and giving us almost daily updates, to leave us hanging for 6 days is like a good episode of Lost. You give us a few answers but raise twice as many questions.
Like how are you going to build those soffits and make them bass absorbers? Can you find enough book shelf projects to use up that MDF.
What screen and projector will he end up with?, Will all the soundproofing work? Will the Florida insects find that garden of eden of sand and wood?
Ha, ha, ha,
Thanks for checking In to make sure I'm still alive.
The new worker has proven to be rather a slow, but Good worker.
This is what got accomplished this week,
1) We sealed up the front Stage (Double 3/4" Plywood with Roofing Felt in between),
2) Finished Drywalling the Equipment Rack and behind the entrance wall.
3) Got all our Plywood cut for the Platform and stairs (but not tied down yet). We are still waiting for the chairs to determine placement of Banana plates & Outlets for the Top of the platform for possible future Butkickers.
4) We started encasing the Ducts with 3/4" MDF to stop Bass from traveling through the Duct work).
5) We installed all the 2"x2"s on the ceiling that the top front of the Soffits will attach to. The front of the Soffits will be solid 3/4" MDF and the bottom of the Soffits will remain open framed with 2" x 2"s to allow the soffits to be used as Bass traps. We will be Stuffing the soffits with all those Boxes of Cotton you see in one of the pictures I previously posted.
6) The Conduit for the platform got installed and ran into the Equipment rack.
7) Cleaning, (lots of cleaning got done). Almost all my tools were covered with Green Glue and Drywall Dust due to my previous worker being real sloppy. So I spent a half day cleaning off all my tools and re-organizing them.
Most of the Leftover MDF will be used for the Top and Bottoms of the 6 columns. Whatever is left Over from there, will be used for the next project.
The Projector I am going with (unless a better one comes out before completion of the theater) is the Optoma H-79 (like yours). That projector seems to be the best thing since Water according to the tons of reviews I read on it.
The Screen will be a Da-Lite Hi Contrast Micro Perf with a 1.1 gain, unless I learn about a Better Da-Lite Screen. I can't afford or rather won't spend $5,000.00 on a Stewart Screen at this point in my life.
As soon as the theater progresses a Little more, I will post some new pictures.
On another note, the new worker I hired is a 5 Star Retired Chef. He has been cooking some incredible dinners every night after we finish. So his Schedule is 7 Hours of building and 1 hour to cook.
More to Come...