Originally Posted by Jodeus
When you get your TV let us know what you think.
I like it. Only been in the house for a few hours but a few things I have noticed:
1. The OTA HD Tuner is great. Works better than a fusion 3 I have and better than a Samsung OTA box I used to have.
2. Watching SWIII right now. The first scene in space was beautiful, full CG looked wonderful. (Just a 3 year old 480P panasonic dvd player BTW). Looked like my DLP when it was new, except the blacks were blacker. I do wish I could run it through the HTPC and FFDSHOW to upsample it. But I don't have a and HDMI to DVI yet.
3. I hooked it up to the VGA on the HTPC for 1024X768. It worked I would like to find some way to stretch it though (need to spend more time on it). Easiest will just be to hook up DFI-HDMI I think.
4. Heh cool Wookies!!!!
5... OK more review stuff. It is a heavy mother. The DLP I have (hlm507w) is crazy light compared to this.
6. It comes with two additional ferrite cores. Anyone know where I should be using these?
7. The red power on LED in the front of the unit is VERY bright in a dark room, stupid.
8. Tuner picked up many encrypted stations. My cable card install was supposed to be tomorrow so I could, have watched that encrytpted stuff. Of course Charter Worcester called at noon telling me that they would not be here tomorrow because they did not do cablecards on the weekends. I can't believe I have to deal with them, they ALWAYS disappoint.
9. uhhh more later but so far it is nice
Ohh BTW the HLM507W decided to break today. Screeching colorwheel started after I plugged in the new set. The new set is for the bedroom guess I should have told the DLP so it did not get mad and crap out.
Well off to search the forums for a DLP fix