1. The Mit 73727 was delivered yesterday morning around 11 a.m. I was surprised how quick the delivery guys were, especially dragging my Sony 61XBR (4x3) out the back.
No setup by the guys other than to turn it on. At first, the green light kept blinking. After calling his office, the delivery guy hit the reset button and it still kept blinking. We unplugged the set and hit the reset button again and it came on.
2. No sooner did the delivery guys leave, then the Directv installer showed up minus the on air antenna. After a bunch of wrangling and calling the retention office of Directv, the HiDef Tivo was installed. The installer finally got the Tivo working but would not call his office, talk to the Directv retention staff on the phone and generally carried out a rope a dope attitude.
3. However, this was quickly forgotten after viewing the picture on the Mit DLP -- very impressive.
4. After playing around with the settings, it became apparent to me that you could easily mess up the picture for SD and had more latitude with a HiDef signal.
5. It appears to me that the various settings some have posted reflect the wide range of visual preferences. That said, Hyabusha's settings worked best for me with a couple of amendments. I still have not tried out the Avia or DVE discs because the picture is pretty good right now.
6. Here are the settings, I am using:
Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue 31
Deep field Imager=On
Video Noise = Standard
7. Finally, after watching the set for a few minutes, I noticed a high pitch sound coming from the back of the set -- particularly from the left side (facing the TV). I called the dearler and someone is supposed to come out and check it early this week. The shrill sound disminished a fair amount later in the afternoon. However, it still is there but substantially lower than it sounded the first hour. No idea what this is.
I stopped by the store today and observed that there was a similar high pitch noise coming from the left side of the TV in the store. It was lower in sound than in my home.
Other than this issue, the set has been great.