As promised here is a quick guide on removing the optical block. The new 46V5100 arrived today and I will use it until my r60xbr1's OB is fixed by Tri State Module. The only tool you need is a phillips screwdriver, preferably with a magnetic tip.
1. Take the door and bulb out by removing the screw.
2. Take the grey outer panel off by removing the 9 screws.
3. Slide the power cord off its slot.
4. Remove the grey inner panel which is held on by 5 screws (2 small screws next to HDMI inputs, 1 small screw on the top right, and 2 long screws on the bottom right).
5. Remove the 5 screws holding the grounding straps for the OB on.
6. Remove the connector cover which is held on by 2 screws.
EDIT: Thanks to Gunny1963, he pointed out that there are 3 screws in this step. There is one in the bottom right that cannot be seen in my picture below. I must have put this screw somewhere else when I was putting my television back together the first time...
7. Remove the three connectors, the top left connector has a locking tab that must be pushed in before it can be removed.
8. Remove the right side support bar held on by 2 screws.
9. Remove the screw above the antenna/cable inputs.
10. The electronics board can be slid backwards now a couple inches by pulling up on the 2 tabs which are on the bottom right. This will allow you to reach in on the right side and disconnect the ballast power connector.
11. Disconnect the 3 connectors on the right side.
12. Disconnect the OB fan connector.
13. This area may look different since I had previously removed the OB and didn't put the connectors back the way they were from the factory. There are a total of 7 that must be disconnected before the electronics board can be slid out of the television. There are two sets of connectors with white/grey wires. Label one set with electrical tape so you don't get them mixed up.
14. Slide the electronics board out of the television. Here it is on the floor.
15. Remove the left side support bar which is held on by 2 screws.
16. Remove the fan held on by 2 screws.
17. Remove the ballast by undoing the wire loop on the left side, disconnecting the connectors, and compressing the two tabs on top in order to slide the board out towards you.
18. Remove the black fan shroud held on by 1 screw on the top right and 2 screws on the bottom left.
19. Remove the left inner support bar held on by 1 screw.
20. Remove the screw in the center of the lamp connector and slide it along with the harness and ballast out of the television.
21. Remove the inner gray panel held on by 5 screws and pulling up on the two tabs on the bottom.
22. Remove half of the lamp assembly bracket by pulling/pushing on the tab at the top and pulling it straight out.
23. Remove the front trim by removing the screw on the left and pulling the trim out towards the front.
24. Remove the 4 screws holding the OB in from the front of the television.
25. Slide the OB out towards the back.
All the pieces minus the large electronics board.
Some misc. pics of the OB.
Having done this twice now, if anyone has any questions I would be more than happy to do my best at answering them.