Originally Posted by emptychair
Just curious...why are you changing to the Carada?
A few reasons.
1. I'm moving into a new house with a large, dedicated home theatre room. My projector will be quite a bit further back from the screen, so a larger screen can be used. Yah!!!
2. The Da-Lite screen developed wrinkles--or maybe they were always there--and once I noticed them, that's all I ever saw when there was camera movement.
3. The HCCV material showed sparkles in white areas of the image. At first I liked the film-like look of the image, but after a while it became annoying.
4. I found someone who wanted my screen, warts and all.
5. A few people recommend Stewart Filmscreen's Studiotek 130, which several reviews have likened to Carada's more economical BW screen. I decided to go with a cheaper, but well-reviewed screen with a frame that was similar to the Da-Lite frame I really, really liked.
6. Carada's customer service has been excellent. Rex answered all my questions quickly and with confidence in his product--it also helped that he own an AE-900U and 118" screen.
Hopefully I chose wisely.