or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Hartford, CT - Comcast
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hartford, CT - Comcast - Page 14

post #391 of 3290
Not on the Branford system, either.
post #392 of 3290
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker1024 View Post

As of 9pm Friday (09Jun06) channel 203 was still blank with NO ESPN2HD anywhere in the listing for the New London Comcast SA based system. Channel 202 has been and still is ESPNHD. I do hope that we get 203 ASAP (like this weekend).

Anyone have any clue if the fact that the Hartford area has it and the New London County area doesn't means that we are going to be delayed months or longer in getting it? (or am I just jumping ahead of things?)

My guess, and that's all it is, is that if you don't have it yet that you won't be getting any time soon. Your system probably doesn't have the bandwidth needed to add it.
post #393 of 3290
Thread Starter 
Holy cow! MTV added to Comcast. Anyone in CT seeing it? What about NESN HD on it's own channel as has been reported in NH and MA?

Also looks like the talk the last couple of days of INHD2 going dark in the near future could be accurate as well.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=688505
post #394 of 3290
Thread Starter 
Looks like even the 750mhz areas of CT are in the dark with the new additions to the rest of the NE Comcast systems (MHD and NESN HD on a full time channel)

At least it was a promising way to start the day.
post #395 of 3290
Thread Starter 
I may have spoken too soon. Turns out that we may see MHD sooner rather than later on systems with capacity for another HD channel, but I don't have a timeframe.

Friday morning 6/16 Based on the fact that ESPN2 HD went live last Friday morning.
post #396 of 3290
They just announced on tonight's Pre Game show that next week on channel 200 we get NESN HD 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #397 of 3290
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplchamp1 View Post

They just announced on tonight's Pre Game show that next week on channel 200 we get NESN HD 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scooped again!!!!!!

I'm waiting for a call back about this since this afternoon and it gets announced on air instead. Unbelievable.

Thanks for the great news!!!!

Edit: Just saw the same announcement. Very good news.
post #398 of 3290
I definately feel screwed being on the Middletown system, I will check tonight, but I'm pretty sure we have nothing new. Still no WTXX in HD, I'd love ESPN2, TNT, etc, but even if comcast adds them it doesn't look like my system will get it....will complaining to comcast help at all or is it a MAJOR system upgrade in order to have more bandwidth? If anyone else on the Middletown system has these please let me know!
post #399 of 3290
If NESN HD gets its own channel in our area, does that mean that all the YES HD
feeds will now be on 207? (inhd2) This channel sharing thing was getting tiring.
post #400 of 3290
Quote:
Originally Posted by robd1438 View Post

I definately feel screwed being on the Middletown system, I will check tonight, but I'm pretty sure we have nothing new. Still no WTXX in HD, I'd love ESPN2, TNT, etc, but even if comcast adds them it doesn't look like my system will get it....will complaining to comcast help at all or is it a MAJOR system upgrade in order to have more bandwidth? If anyone else on the Middletown system has these please let me know!

Us here in the New London County (South Eastern) CT area with Comcast are in the same boat. Nothing new in HD since they added DiscoveryHD and gave back iNHD2. That seems like so vary long ago.

I would also be open to any suggestions on how to push to have our insufficient Comcast areas become up to par.

Did anyone else see the article in "The Day" about AT&T getting permission to do Television services in CT? Maybe some unusual compatition will spur Comcast to unify and update all of CT? Just thoughts.
post #401 of 3290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker1024 View Post

Us here in the New London County (South Eastern) CT area with Comcast are in the same boat. Nothing new in HD since they added DiscoveryHD and gave back iNHD2. That seems like so vary long ago.

I would also be open to any suggestions on how to push to have our insufficient Comcast areas become up to par.

Did anyone else see the article in "The Day" about AT&T getting permission to do Television services in CT? Maybe some unusual compatition will spur Comcast to unify and update all of CT? Just thoughts.

I was SOOOO excited to hear about ESPN2, and then it didn't happen here on the Groton system.... argh!

I'd kill to have more HD channels - in the short time I've actually *HAD* HD, I've become addicted to ESPN HD and Discovery HD. I was also looking forward to watching Battlestar Galactica on Universal HD, but of course the Groton system can't have that one, either...

PMJ
post #402 of 3290
Missed the 24x7 NESN HD announcement, very good news!
post #403 of 3290
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post

Missed the 24x7 NESN HD announcement, very good news!

It's definintely coming since NESN let the cat out of the bag. It's just a matter of when. I don't know if NESN had the most up-to-date rollout information when they said CT would get it this week.
post #404 of 3290
Well... no sign of it yet.
post #405 of 3290
Thread Starter 
I don't know exactly when it's going to show up, but it's coming.
post #406 of 3290
200 NESNHD
209 MHD

Added this morning. around 4am I'd guess. Just got up to get ready for work and figured I'd check!
post #407 of 3290
Same here in Avon. NESN & MTV on 200 & 209 showed up this morning.
post #408 of 3290
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplchamp1 View Post

200 NESNHD
209 MHD

Added this morning. around 4am I'd guess. Just got up to get ready for work and figured I'd check!

Kinda funny, NESN HD gets added on a day with no game. I believe these channel additions are only in 750Mhz and up areas. Anyone that didn't get ESPN2 HD will not be seeing NESN HD or MHD.

For Yankee fans in these areas, ALL Yankee games broadcasted in HD will now be shown on 207 regardless of what the Guide says.

Areas without enough bandwidth to add NESN HD full time will still get the Sox/Yankees schedule as show on the following page:
http://www.comcast.com/cthd

In the past CT didn't have the equipment in their headend to show different programming on 207 in different areas. Now that no longer appears to be the case. Fingers crossed that we'll get FSN HD this winter on 207 and finally see the Celtics in HD (hopefully with Marcus Williams playing the point).
post #409 of 3290
Sweet... now if my 3412s would stop stuttering and locking up every 2 days I would be content
post #410 of 3290
On Tuesday and Wednesday, my 6412 locked up completely several times - even the time was frozen. But it seems to be okay now.
post #411 of 3290
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post

Sweet... now if my 3412s would stop stuttering and locking up every 2 days I would be content

I've been thinking about going to a 3412 for the HDMI out, but I've had such good luck with my current 6412 that I don't dare. Plus the fact that I have some movies saved that I haven't had time to watch yet.
post #412 of 3290
Thread Starter 
The master channel list has been updated and is attached to the first post in this thread. Link is also provided here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...chmentid=59599

As ususal, please let me know of anything that is not correct. I did not add NESN HD to the Danbury system since they're in the New York DMA. Let me know if that assumption was incorrect or correct for that matter.

(Edit: updated channel list link)
post #413 of 3290
Why is it that New Haven is the only area to have gotten TNT HD?? Not that I would really watch it all that much, but I'm all about having as much variety in HD as I can.....
post #414 of 3290
Looks like CT is split pretty evenly on the area's system bandwidth (New HD channels added recently).

I count 6 areas that have had a new HD channel in the last month or two (those are also the >= 750Mhz systems) and 5 areas that haven't had any new HD channels.

The real question is how to get your area upgraded to be a 860Mhz with everything..... that's just 1 out of the 11 areas currently.

EDIT: PS a Big thanks to Addicted2HD4Now for keeping up with this local information and putting it together for us.
post #415 of 3290
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaussade View Post

Why is it that New Haven is the only area to have gotten TNT HD?? Not that I would really watch it all that much, but I'm all about having as much variety in HD as I can.....

Not sure what is up with that. Maybe nobody is asking for it around here? You would think that the areas that have had the bandwidth to add ESPN2 HD, MHD and NESN HD full time could have had TNT HD well before the NBA playoffs started and probably for the whole NBA season. New Haven had it added in November.

I'm in no hurry for TNT HD now that the NBA season is over. I could see myself getting into The Closer or some of the other shows they have on TNT if I could watch them in HD. If I had to choose next season what was added, FSN HD (for Celtics) or TNT HD for general NBA coverage I would certainly opt for FSN HD.
post #416 of 3290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2HD4Now View Post

The master channel list has been updated and is attached to the first post in this thread. Link is also provided here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...chmentid=59444

As ususal, please let me know of anything that is not correct. I did not add NESN HD to the Danbury system since they're in the New York DMA. Let me know if that assumption was incorrect or correct for that matter.

Thanks again for maintaining this listing.

In reviewing the channels you have listed for the Branford system, I must report that we DO NOT, at least here in Madison, receive WTXX-HD ch 235.
post #417 of 3290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker1024 View Post

The real question is how to get your area upgraded to be a 860Mhz with everything..... that's just 1 out of the 11 areas currently.

Wihch area is the 860Mhz area?
post #418 of 3290
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnt86 View Post

Wihch area is the 860Mhz area?

New Haven
post #419 of 3290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker1024 View Post

Looks like CT is split pretty evenly on the area's system bandwidth (New HD channels added recently).

I count 6 areas that have had a new HD channel in the last month or two (those are also the >= 750Mhz systems) and 5 areas that haven't had any new HD channels.

The real question is how to get your area upgraded to be a 860Mhz with everything..... that's just 1 out of the 11 areas currently.

EDIT: PS a Big thanks to Addicted2HD4Now for keeping up with this local information and putting it together for us.

I agree with you Beaker! I'd like to know who to 'complain' to as well. I'd bet we pay the same rates as those in New Haven, why can't we expect the same level of 'service'?

PMJ
post #420 of 3290
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad301 View Post

Thanks again for maintaining this listing.

In reviewing the channels you have listed for the Branford system, I must report that we DO NOT, at least here in Madison, receive WTXX-HD ch 235.

Thanks for the heads-up, I made the change to the list. If you see anything else, please don't be shy about letting me know. I want the list to be as accurate as possible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Hartford, CT - Comcast