See instructions below:
I set mine to use the LOCK button as the poster suggested. Worked perfect! I believe you can select any button you like. Be careful as I do not know how you would get back to the original FF>> functionality if you change it.
I have repeated the instructions from the link as I can not post an actual link since I am new. You should be able to figure out the link from what I provided below. It was a little tough fooling the URL police. Add the dots for the CRs and standard URL preface and the link should work. I did want to give the author the credit. I certainly did not know how to do it.
You can find the original post at:
index.php / t-67541.html
txdude posted the following: 05-07-2005, 04:22 AM
I hope this hasn't been posed here before. If it has please ignore this.
Here is a little remote programing trick I saw on another site for your Comcast remote that will give you a Tivo like 30 second skip for skipping commercials on Comcast's DVR :)
1. Press the "cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
2. Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3. Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice.
4. Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button.
5. Type in the code 00173 for the 30 second skip.
6. Press whatever button on the remote you want to map the skip function to. (I used the lock button).