I wish I was enjoying the picture... check this out -
So the tech comes over Tuesday - same guy as installed the last OB - and he's got the new one. He takes apart my SXRD, pulls the previously installed OB out and says "Sure enough, its the wrong model. You need a 550, and this here is a 540. Someone mistakenly put a 540 in a 550 box." (or some nomenclature to that effect - don't hold me to the Sony part numbers)
Okay - sh*t happens, I say. So he expertly installs the new 550 OB, and puts the SXRD back together. This time, before he leaves of course we're going to check out the PQ together. Power up the TV and... same problem
Now he's flumoxed. He goes around to the back of the SXRD and reads the serial number off the plate. "Oh no..." he says.
'What?', I say.
"Someone inverted the last two digits of the serial number - it says 01 on the work order, but the serial number ends in 10. I shoulda checked it when I did the last install. Someone screwed up."
I'm thinking - great. It could have been me, or the operator who took the number over the phone, or the one who punched the work order into the computer, or someone at Sony who electronically set up the OB replacement authorization, etc.
But he says "it's my fault, I'll take the blame - I really should have double-checked last time.'
Stop the presses!!! Someone ACTUALLY TOOK RESPONSIBILITY for an error!! No passing the buck, no pointing fingers.
So while yes, sadly I still do not have a functioning SXRD (he has to get a replacement OB now to match the real serial number), I've got a reason for the issue and I've got someone who is on top of it.
He is supposed to come back today or tomorrow with the right OB. Stay tuned...