or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › PlayList_Manager & Record_This
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PlayList_Manager & Record_This - Page 2

post #31 of 2788
Thread Starter 
I'm so embarrassed. I can't get scheduler to run the PlayListManager. I use it to run Shutdown at 11:10PM and the PLM just before at 11:05 PM. Does anybody else use the Scheduler tor it? I've compared the properties and path and it all looks good but no go.
post #32 of 2788
Thread Starter 
This is the last planned version of the Play List Manager.

SortE sorts by file title.

Extensions allows files other than tp to be found and added to the play list.

Rename allows program titles to be changed.

Show enclosure can be hex digits so special ascii characters can be used.

If the PLM is executed with an argument of 13. It will skip the check to see
if MYHD is running. Can't say what will happen. I don't know if MYHD reaccess
the play list in the registry when the input is changed to file or when it first comes up.

Specifics are in the ini file.

 

MYHDPlayListMgr.zip 53.587890625k . file
post #33 of 2788
Allen, I'm using Task Scheduler and it works perfectly. I have a batch file that moves the recordings from my drives (local and network) to a single Clips folder every evening. A few minutes after the pc wakes at the next scheduled time, it runs the play list manager.
post #34 of 2788
I get an error when I try to download the zip file.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB View Post

If the PLM is executed with an argument of 13. It will skip the check to see
if MYHD is running. Can't say what will happen. I don't know if MYHD reaccess
the play list in the registry when the input is changed to file or when it first comes up.

I think MyHD it dumps whatever is in memory to the registry upon close.


--Dale--
post #35 of 2788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris White View Post

Allen, I'm using Task Scheduler and it works perfectly. I have a batch file that moves the recordings from my drives (local and network) to a single Clips folder every evening. A few minutes after the pc wakes at the next scheduled time, it runs the play list manager.

I was putting off looking into this until after I got the last version done.
I found the problem. The Task Scheduler does not like the folder to be manually
changed after you first select one using the BROWSE button. Don't know why. I was manually changing it to another 'valid' location/folder but it never executed.

I deleted the old schedule entry and created another one using the browse button and pointing to the folder I had manually entered before. Now it works. I know it sounds goofy but in any case its now all automatic.
post #36 of 2788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengsational View Post

I get an error when I try to download the zip file.
I think MyHD it dumps whatever is in memory to the registry upon close.
--Dale--

I just downloaded it back to my system successfully. Not sure what the problem is. Anybody else successfully get it? Peep, anybody. Not sure how many we have in this sub-thread.

I was a little cryptic in my statement about MYHD and the registry info.
If MYHD does not access the play list in the registry until input is switched to 'file' and if it reaccess it every time input is switched to 'file' then in might be alright to run the PLM alongside MYHD --------- in some/most cases. But I certainly don't know. I just put the 13 in there because someone mentioned it might be useful.

I really like the schedule entry and automatically converting all my Fusion recordings over to meaningful names. If there are other formatted by cryptic/useless files being generated I'm sure they can be caught and changed too.
post #37 of 2788
thanks Allen - downloaded and unzipped fine

I just copied my directory list from the original file I had and it works fine

Haven't tried the live option yet as I don't need it
post #38 of 2788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB
I was a little cryptic in my statement about MYHD and the registry info.
If MYHD does not access the play list in the registry until input is switched to 'file' and if it reaccess it every time input is switched to 'file' then in might be alright to run the PLM alongside MYHD --------- in some/most cases. But I certainly don't know. I just put the 13 in there because someone mentioned it might be useful.

I really like the schedule entry and automatically converting all my Fusion recordings over to meaningful names. If there are other formatted by cryptic/useless files being generated I'm sure they can be caught and changed too.
Allen - the 13 option does let the exe run with MyHD on in my system - unfortunately the file list is not actually updated although the text in the log file looks exactly like a successful run with the program off

Maybe I screwed something up in the parameters? Is all I really did is rem out the example schedule lines (perhaps you should do this in posted file as it stops execution) and added the ts and trp extensions which works fine

Thanks again for your efforts

 

MYHD_Log.txt 44.716796875k . file
post #39 of 2788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphArch View Post

Allen - the 13 option does let the exe run with MyHD on in my system - unfortunately the file list is not actually updated although the text in the log file looks exactly like a successful run with the program off

Maybe I screwed something up in the parameters? Is all I really did is rem out the example schedule lines (perhaps you should do this in posted file as it stops execution) and added the ts and trp extensions which works fine

Thanks again for your efforts

I suspect that MYHD builds the play list when it first executes. Because of this you will not see any changes. Thats unfortunate and means the 13 is a useless feature. But if your were to bring up regedt and look at the registry I would hope the PLM changes were there.

I see in your folder section an entry I:I:\\myhd Capture\\Invasion. Is the "I:I:" right?

Last, I read what you said that the schedule entries stop the PLM from running. I probably do not understand, could you elucidate?
post #40 of 2788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphArch View Post

Yes - I had a bad entry in the directory and have fixed and added rest of my directories

re the schedule entries its not a big deal - I was just recommending changing the schedule lines to remarks for examples versus how they are in your file:

>> schedule mon 2100 fox Prison Break
>> schedule tue 2000 cbs NCIS
>> schedule 2100 fox House
>> schedule 2200 abc Boston Legal
>> schedule wed 2100 cbs Criminal Minds
>> schedule 2200 abc Invasion
>> schedule thu 2100 abc Night Stalker
>> schedule fri 2100 fox Killer Instinct


if run without remarking out you get below response and no update to the playlist

25:09 Get_Next_Record:
10/24/05 01:25:09 Parameter_Error: Not enough schedule info

OK, I'll separate my ini file from the one I release. Sure wonder why I don't get that error message.

Found a problem with skip. My recorded files just passed 60 and expect to have maybe a couple of hundred before the season is over. I use skip to throw out those programs I don't plan to watch until next summer but it got broken when time/date was implemented. I'll release a new version in a day or two. If you don't use skip don't worry.
post #41 of 2788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB View Post

OK, I'll separate my ini file from the one I release. Sure wonder why I don't get that error message.

Found a problem with skip. My recorded files just passed 60 and expect to have maybe a couple of hundred before the season is over. I use skip to throw out those programs I don't plan to watch until next summer but it got broken when time/date was implemented. I'll release a new version in a day or two. If you don't use skip don't worry.

regarding separating the items in the ini file - I tried cutting back all the remarks lines and leaving only the lines that execute in your ini file in order to cut back the growing size of the txt file

When I did that the program would no longer catch the extra extensions I had added so I went back to using your file with the extra remarks. Kind of strange as I could not figure out why removing a remark line should have had any effect on execution. Maybe because I left that 13 option on?
post #42 of 2788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphArch View Post

regarding separating the items in the ini file - I tried cutting back all the remarks lines and leaving only the lines that execute in your ini file in order to cut back the growing size of the txt file

When I did that the program would no longer catch the extra extensions I had added so I went back to using your file with the extra remarks. Kind of strange as I could not figure out why removing a remark line should have had any effect on execution. Maybe because I left that 13 option on?

If you post the ini file you tried I'll look at it.
post #43 of 2788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB View Post

There'll be a new option called 'Extensions' followed by all the extensions the user wants included in the scans. By default the list will include 'tp'.


Thanks for a really useful program and this change tops it off.

I use MYHD for playing back shows from my HDTIVO and the file extension that the tool I use to make them uses "mpg"

Good work!!
post #44 of 2788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB View Post

If you post the ini file you tried I'll look at it.

Allen - I deleted a previous post as I have solved my problem by simplifying the ini file and removing spaces.. below works fine for me. Thanks again

>> extensions trp tp
>> clear
>> sorta
h:
i:
I:\\H2
I:\\myhd capture\\Cold Case
I:\\myhd capture\\Commander-in-Chief
I:\\myhd capture\\Crossing Jordan
I:\\myhd capture\\Invasion
I:\\myhd capture\\Just Legal
I:\\myhd capture\\Killer Instinct
I:\\myhd capture\\Numbers
I:\\myhd capture\\Nova
I:\\myhd capture\\Reunion
I:\\myhd capture\\Saturday Night Live
I:\\myhd capture\\Soundstage
I:\\myhd capture\\Smallville
I:\\myhd capture\\Summerland
I:\\myhd capture\\Veronica Mars
k:
K:\\music videos
K:\\myhdcapture
C:\\Documents and Settings\\Ralph Architzel\\My Documents\\My Videos
C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users.WINDOWS\\Documents\\My Videos
post #45 of 2788
Allen,

Based on what code you have already written, I was wondering if it was possible to have an option where you could right click on a file, and select 'send to' -->'myHD playlist', or something similar.

It would aid in bulding playlists off the file structure.
post #46 of 2788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterno3 View Post

Allen,

Based on what code you have already written, I was wondering if it was possible to have an option where you could right click on a file, and select 'send to' -->'myHD playlist', or something similar.

It would aid in bulding playlists off the file structure.

Hhhhhmmmmmmm.
Have to look into putting hooks into the registry for the SendTo option.
I'll look into it.
post #47 of 2788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB View Post

Hhhhhmmmmmmm.
Have to look into putting hooks into the registry for the SendTo option.
I'll look into it.

Its near just as easy to manually add an entry to the Send To list. In preparation for a version of PLM that handles a Send To call, here are the instructions to add PLM to the list. CLick Start, run and enter sendto. This brings up the Sendto folder. Right click on the empty space and click 'new' & 'shortcut'. Point it towards your PLM and wallaahhhhh! Is that spelled right?

Try it.
post #48 of 2788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB View Post

wallaahhhhh!

A frenchman you are not. Dang generous coder, though.
post #49 of 2788
Thread Starter 
Latest version of PLM. Depending upon the presence of the ini file it will handle a Send To in one of two ways. If there is no ini file it will simply add the file to the end of the Play List. If there is an ini file the program name will be processed by whatever options are in the ini file. Schedule, Rename, Skip (that would be dumb) and Sort.

Problem with Show remove fixed. and Skip was tweaked a bit.

I've seen a neat side effect of the 'show' option. I've so far recorded all the episodes from several programs. Normally MYHD simply tags a counter on the end of a name. But if, say a date, is thrown in there MYHD stops putting in the dumb sequence number. All you see the date of the episode. Oh well.

 

MYHDPlayListMgr.zip 53.587890625k . file
post #50 of 2788
on that sort of related note, is there anyway to get the program to not include in the playlist any of the files that are created as the recording goes on, the ones with the _01, _02, etc? i would like to see only the first file, as the myHD already can play the next ones automatically. kind of keeps the playlist clean.

thanks, good job overall.
post #51 of 2788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr74 View Post

on that sort of related note, is there anyway to get the program to not include in the playlist any of the files that are created as the recording goes on, the ones with the _01, _02, etc? i would like to see only the first file, as the myHD already can play the next ones automatically. kind of keeps the playlist clean.

thanks, good job overall.

Can you give me an example by providing the file names of the first 3 three files?
post #52 of 2788
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr74 View Post

on that sort of related note, is there anyway to get the program to not include in the playlist any of the files that are created as the recording goes on, the ones with the _01, _02, etc? i would like to see only the first file, as the myHD already can play the next ones automatically. kind of keeps the playlist clean.

thanks, good job overall.

I agree that that's the way MPL should work (i.e., ignore sequenced files). However, you do know that MyHD can be set (in capture options) to write everything in a single arbitrarily large file (as long as you're using NTFS anyway), right? Just checking.
post #53 of 2788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

I agree that that's the way MPL should work (i.e., ignore sequenced files). However, you do know that MyHD can be set (in capture options) to write everything in a single arbitrarily large file (as long as you're using NTFS anyway), right? Just checking.

Is that PLM? It still is a good idea. I just want a picture of the numbering. I'm a bit confused because I thought all I saw was a sequential 2 digit number appended to the program name. I don't remember any underscore or hyphens. But its been awhile.
post #54 of 2788
Sorry, yes, PLM. I haven't seen the sequences for some time either, but there is an underscore. However, other sw uses other conventions, such as ".", to demark the sequence numbers, so if you're going to tackle this you probably want to ignore any files that have the same name as a listed file plus "?##.tp", where "?" is "_", ".", or "-" and "##" is two or more digits.
post #55 of 2788
here is an example of my file listing

D02-1(03)-1115-CBS PRIMETIME TEST OFFICE.tp
D02-1(03)-1115-CBS PRIMETIME TEST OFFICE_01.tp
D02-1(03)-1115-CBS PRIMETIME TEST OFFICE_02.tp
NBC5-DT-1115-Earl-Office.tp
NBC5-DT-1115-Earl-Office_01.tp
NBC5-DT-1115-Earl-Office_02.tp
NBC5-DT-1115-Earl-Office_03.tp

I would only like to have the first ones of each "series" listed in the playlist.

I understand that i could record it to one really large file, but find that tasks my resources and requires very frequent defrags.

Thanks for the fast reply and your continued work on this. I actually wrote some scripts that create the .mpl playlist (including only listing the first files) but could never find a command-line way of getting it loaded into myHD.

cheers
post #56 of 2788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr74 View Post

here is an example of my file listing
D02-1(03)-1115-CBS PRIMETIME TEST OFFICE.tp
D02-1(03)-1115-CBS PRIMETIME TEST OFFICE_01.tp
D02-1(03)-1115-CBS PRIMETIME TEST OFFICE_02.tp
NBC5-DT-1115-Earl-Office.tp
NBC5-DT-1115-Earl-Office_01.tp
NBC5-DT-1115-Earl-Office_02.tp
NBC5-DT-1115-Earl-Office_03.tp
I would only like to have the first ones of each "series" listed in the playlist.
cheers

Got it. But we may have a quandary. I understand MYHD, in effect, is segmenting a recording to stay within the specified parameters. And you are saying that each segment (each a separate file) is put into the playlist. I know that MYHD, when it completes playing one file will automatically play the next one in the list.

So if the continuation files are removed from the playlist will MYHD still play them? How will it know unless it has an algorithm that says before the next entry in the play list is played to check (using this numbering convention) for the next segment. I wonder. Have you tested this? If so I'll get it in in a jiff.
post #57 of 2788
my experience indicates that the playlist in myhd is simply a visual for the user and a start point for file playback. regardless of what is next in the playlist it will play all sequenced files from the first playlist item before moving to the next. did i make sense with that?

also, when you capture something (manually or scheduled) and you select the option to "add captured file to the play file list" on the file play setup tab it will only add the first file with no sequenced files, but they will all still play. another cool thing is that when you choose to delete file from the menu, it will prompt you to delete all the sequence files as well, even though they are not listed in the playlist.

hope this helps.
post #58 of 2788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr74 View Post

my experience indicates that the playlist in myhd is simply a visual for the user and a start point for file playback. regardless of what is next in the playlist it will play all sequenced files from the first playlist item before moving to the next. did i make sense with that?

also, when you capture something (manually or scheduled) and you select the option to "add captured file to the play file list" on the file play setup tab it will only add the first file with no sequenced files, but they will all still play. another cool thing is that when you choose to delete file from the menu, it will prompt you to delete all the sequence files as well, even though they are not listed in the playlist.

hope this helps.

OK, look for it this weekend.

Be flyin' into Midway a week from Fri.
post #59 of 2788
cool cool. thanks again.

be warned, proly a little colder in chicago than in CA these days. our six months of hell have begun.
post #60 of 2788
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr74 View Post

cool cool. thanks again.

be warned, proly a little colder in chicago than in CA these days. our six months of hell have begun.

What are you talking about? Its a balmy 20 degrees with trade winds gusting around 40 mph.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › PlayList_Manager & Record_This