or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Optoma H72 - Page 3

post #61 of 2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by csedaniel View Post

what is the wheel speed of BC? 4x? 5x? also, hate to miss out on the ND segment. I can see dithering as close as 2 screen widths.......depending on content, sometimes even further. also, will the white segment not also cause high ire's to shift to cyan and also screw with the gamma?

thanks

The Norwegian importer has comfirmed it has 4x speed. A bit slow for my liking....
post #62 of 2915
What about the Mitsubishi HC3000 - it has 6 segments per PC, but nothing on the color wheel speed? Is it the same? thanks.
post #63 of 2915
I believe it's 5X..
post #64 of 2915
I think its 6x as the LG AN110
post #65 of 2915
Sticky Me Please!
post #66 of 2915
It looks like this one will be out in sweeden soon.
http://www.hembiobrevet.se/?p=109
will this be a sticky soon as well?
post #67 of 2915
This information has been picked from our Norwegian forum...

It will be out i Norway in January 06 most likely.
post #68 of 2915
what about US release date? still December?
post #69 of 2915
well, now given the installation requirements for the HC3000 ( ceiling mounting ), I am pretty much just waiting for this to be released and hoping it performs well so I can order one!
post #70 of 2915
the HC3000 is 4X so I guess the H72 is also 4X; too bad; I did not see much RBE with the 5X Benq 8700 but did not want to take a chance w/ a 4x like the Infocus 4805.
post #71 of 2915
Thread Starter 
Information posted by a British retailer on avforums:

Quote:


Optoma have just sent out their preliminary H72 specs, which they also refer to as the HD72! The spec sheet is boasting Faroudja deinterlacing (doesn't mention chipset) which should be good, and the projector is based on the new 1280 x 768 chip with BrilliantColour technology. But what is very interesting is that they're hoping for a price of under £1,500!!!

- Wide Screen Home Cinema Projector
- HD ready (720p)
- 1300 ANSI Lumens
- 3000:1 contrast ratio
- DCDi Faroudja video processing
- HDMI direct digital input
- BrilliantColor from Texas Instruments
- RGBRGBW Colour Wheel
- 28dB
- 132% offset, 1.6-1.9 throw
- 3000hr lamp
- DVI-I (RGB Scart possible) and HDMI connections

The throw ratio works a lot better for me than that of the Mits HC3000 (you heard that, Li On? )

Quote:


the HC3000 is 4X so I guess the H72 is also 4X; too bad; I did not see much RBE with the 5X Benq 8700 but did not want to take a chance w/ a 4x like the Infocus 4805.

True, the 8700 is one of the most rainbow-free single-chip DLPs in existence.
post #72 of 2915
Hmmm, I was expecting to see a RGBCYMW color wheel.
It may be a 6x color wheel as the new LG projector.
post #73 of 2915
Quote:


132% offset, 1.6-1.9 throw

Does this mean that the offset is 32% of the image height?
post #74 of 2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbud0 View Post

the HC3000 is 4X so I guess the H72 is also 4X; too bad; I did not see much RBE with the 5X Benq 8700 but did not want to take a chance w/ a 4x like the Infocus 4805.

Even if its just 4x, I think the Brilliant Colour Chip contributes to less RBE, just like it does on the HC3000.


The british retailers details are a little different from what the Norwegian importer gives; The contrast should be 4000:1 and the AL 1100. So I guess we have to wait and see.....
post #75 of 2915
Per Kosty in the mitsu hc3000 link, does the h72 include the following:

the newer 3020 ASIC processor and 10 bit greyscale chip?
post #76 of 2915
Bummer, a 32% offset is way too much for my configuration, I need something between 0% and 10%. It would require a complete reconfiguration of my LR/HT room.
post #77 of 2915
They've got pictures and retailer information - it seems odd that this thing would wait another 2 months before seeing the light of day, particularly with the mitu receiving all the new gen press by default - any word on the U.S. availability date?
post #78 of 2915
And how is this thread not sticky?
post #79 of 2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsm88 View Post

And how is this thread not sticky?

Probably since the PJ is not formally announced in the US yet.

Greg
post #80 of 2915
bump for updates
post #81 of 2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbud0 View Post

Per Kosty in the mitsu hc3000 link, does the h72 include the following:

the newer 3020 ASIC processor and 10 bit greyscale chip?

Yes, this was posted up a bit.

"new WXGA 1280x768
DDP3020 (the Brilliant Color chip)
Dual digital input"
post #82 of 2915
Thread Starter 
http://www.projector-window.com/proj...oma-051104.htm

Google translation:

Quote:


* Optoma promotes the contrast gradient 4000:1 family theater projecting camera new product: H72

[ Window news projection ] the Optoma H72 standard resolution is 1280x720, the contrast gradient is 4000:1, the brightness is 1100ANSI 流明. It uses 10 bits digital pictures processing technology, provides the Farroudja processing chip, the DDP3020 chip as well as 7 sections of types color wheel, has the very strong performance ability in the projection picture color display effect aspect.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compares with Optoma H77/79, Optoma H72 and moves the feeling in seemingly the fashion, in the performance parameter locates H77 and the H79 middle position, slightly abdicates to H79 but is higher than H77, these three section families theater product performance performance institute almost, obviously Optoma or extremely favors to in this product performance scope market, the Optoma H72 appearance causes the Optoma family theater product the market more to subdivide, causes the find price which the user suits compared to the high product. Moreover Optoma H72 relative innovation contour design, also displays Optoma in order to cause the attempt which multiuser choice its product makes.

TzungILin, guitarman, can any of you tell what the color wheel speed will be?
post #83 of 2915
hmm Im starting to think this wont be out in December, considering they have yet to even formally announce it...

anyone think I will be disappointed if I get a mits hc3000 now and not wait for the H72?
post #84 of 2915
I e-mailed the Optoma rep. who promptly replied that the release in the U.S. was scheduled for January.
post #85 of 2915
any word of list price?
post #86 of 2915
http://www.projector-window.com/pro...toma-051104.htm

Google translation:


Quote:
* Optoma promotes the contrast gradient 4000:1 family theater projecting camera new product: H72

[ Window news projection ] the Optoma H72 standard resolution is 1280x720, the contrast gradient is 4000:1, the brightness is 1100ANSI 流明. It uses 10 bits digital pictures processing technology, provides the Farroudja processing chip, the DDP3020 chip as well as 7 sections of types color wheel, has the very strong performance ability in the projection picture color display effect aspect......


Grubert, like you I desperately googled all news about H72 and got this so-called news too. It came probabely from chinese BBs who has members frequently checking avsforum news.
post #87 of 2915
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix View Post

Grubert, like you I desperately googled all news about H72 and got this so-called news too. It came probabely from chinese BBs who has members frequently checking avsforum news.

I know. We are probably chasing our own tails.
post #88 of 2915
http://www.cesweb.org/attendees/show...sp?prodid=6035 This is info on H72 at CES in Vegas with an Optoma contact. I hope this is not against the rules. I couldn't get the rules page to come up.
post #89 of 2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinfoot View Post

anyone think I will be disappointed if I get a Mits hC3000 now and not wait for the H72?

Unless the H72 is a lot cheaper then NO. The HC3000 throws a stunning picture for the price. If your eyes are not too prone to the RBE then you will not be disappointed with the HC3000. The PJ gave me bad rainbows but if it wasn't for that I would of been happy to keep it for years.
post #90 of 2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zags View Post

Unless the H72 is a lot cheaper then NO. The HC3000 throws a stunning picture for the price. If your eyes are not too prone to the RBE then you will not be disappointed with the HC3000. The PJ gave me bad rainbows but if it wasn't for that I would of been happy to keep it for years.


yea I saw some rainbows on the mits too, but given the H72 is said to have a 4x color wheel as well, i highly doubt there will be any difference between the two.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home