or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Hartford, CT - Cox
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hartford, CT - Cox - Page 8

post #211 of 2320
Any news on new High Def channels for Cox New England ( CT and RI)?

I called CSR friday 6/2/06 and they mention something about an all Digital upgrade to simulcast all analog channels! CSR didn't give details, simply a C1 upgrade, whatever that means.
post #212 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcosta View Post

Any news on new High Def channels for Cox New England ( CT and RI)?

I called CSR friday 6/2/06 and they mention something about an all Digital upgrade to simulcast all analog channels! CSR didn't give details, simply a C1 upgrade, whatever that means.

Tha would be great. My analog stations come in bad.
post #213 of 2320
Hi

I have two questions, I am guessing here is the right forum, if not please direct me to appropriate ones:

1- I bought a Sony 27" SDTV (KD-27FS170).


I was considering either buying this or go with Toshiba 27" DF46.

My sony has NTSC/ATSC (two separate connections) and the Toshiba one claimed was ATSC/NTSC/QAM (but all in one connection). Despite Toshiba being 30$ cheaper , based on my experience that Sony is better brand and what i heard that Toshiba new tubes made by Orion In thailand are not reliable, i went by Sony.

How is QAM crucial?
I live in CT and wanna know what digital channels are broadcasted Over the air or what digital channels i could get via QAM without needing a STB from cable comapny (currently i use Cox).

Is there a way I can buy a QAM tuner separtately?


BTW: On another Topic
My Sony TV : When it is showing Analog channels or DVD on video 3 and the signal is 16:9,
sometimes on the top of the 16:9 picture 2" fropm 2" to the right it seems the the picture is very little bent. Is this normal? has any1 noticed that? is this because of flat tube technology?
post #214 of 2320
Comcast nows offers ESPN2 HD.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4377475&EDATE=

When will Cox???
post #215 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBourne View Post

Comcast nows offers ESPN2 HD.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4377475&EDATE=

When will Cox???

Probably not for awhile. Until they get more bandwidth by going to 850 mhz and duplicating the analog channels on digital, they don't have the bandwidth for more hd. More bad news, it likely won't happen until next year. This is from someone I know that works for Cox who is in a position to know.
post #216 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul5788 View Post

Probably not for awhile. Until they get more bandwidth by going to 850 mhz and duplicating the analog channels on digital, they don't have the bandwidth for more hd. More bad news, it likely won't happen until next year. This is from someone I know that works for Cox who is in a position to know.

So I guess WTNH-DT is out of the question too. Not that the negotiations were going anywhere
post #217 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by caeguy View Post

So I guess WTNH-DT is out of the question too. Not that the negotiations were going anywhere


'Fraid so.
post #218 of 2320
Per the Cox website, we'll be getting MHD (MTV HD?) on July 26th on channel 730. Now how about ESPN2? Comcast is gaining major ground over Cox on the HDTV front in CT.

http://www.cox.com/newengland/digitalcable/HD.asp
post #219 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul5788 View Post

Probably not for awhile. Until they get more bandwidth by going to 850 mhz and duplicating the analog channels on digital, they don't have the bandwidth for more hd. More bad news, it likely won't happen until next year. This is from someone I know that works for Cox who is in a position to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _JW_ View Post

Per the Cox website, we'll be getting MHD (MTV HD?) on July 26th on channel 730. Now how about ESPN2? Comcast is gaining major ground over Cox on the HDTV front in CT.


Guess it is not a bandwidth problem if Cox can add MHD. Why waste bandwidth on a channel like that before ABC??? Guess it is just dollars and cents.
post #220 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by apaulct View Post

Guess it is not a bandwidth problem if Cox can add MHD. Why waste bandwidth on a channel like that before ABC??? Guess it is just dollars and cents.

WTNH, more specifically LIN their parent company, is the one at fault for Cox and most of the other cable companies in CT not having them in the lineup in HD. They want too much money to be carried in HD. The situation is the same on Directv. WFSB and WVIT are both in HD on D*, but not WTNH, or WTIC for that matter.
post #221 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by _JW_ View Post

Per the Cox website, we'll be getting MHD (MTV HD?) on July 26th on channel 730. Now how about ESPN2? Comcast is gaining major ground over Cox on the HDTV front in CT.

http://www.cox.com/newengland/digitalcable/HD.asp

Great, another worthless HD channel that most under the age of 25 aren't going to watch. How about getting ABC-HD so we can see the World Cup finals in high definition? I guess that makes too much sense. I'm sick of Cox claiming poverty when I'm shelling out over $120.00+/mo in cable fees. Makes me sick.

What's next, CSPAN-HD?
post #222 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Red Sox View Post

Great, another worthless HD channel that most under the age of 25 aren't going to watch. How about getting ABC-HD so we can see the World Cup finals in high definition? I guess that makes too much sense. I'm sick of Cox claiming poverty when I'm shelling out over $120.00+/mo in cable fees. Makes me sick.

What's next, CSPAN-HD?

Did you see my post directly above yours? Do you understand that WTNH (Lin) is the one at fault here? They aren't dealing fairly with any of the area cable companies.
post #223 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul5788 View Post

Did you see my post directly above yours? Do you understand that WTNH (Lin) is the one at fault here? They aren't dealing fairly with any of the area cable companies.

So how come Comcast carries WTNH-HD?
post #224 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by caeguy View Post

So how come Comcast carries WTNH-HD?

I stand corrected. I believe Comcast is the only company in CT that carries WTNH HD. Doesn't that tell you something?
post #225 of 2320
Thread Starter 
The fees are still exorbitant. Don't tell me Cox isn't taking advantage of it's geographic monopoly.
post #226 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent View Post

The fees are still exorbitant. Don't tell me Cox isn't taking advantage of it's geographic monopoly.

Nearly all cable companies have a monopoly. If all cable companies except Comcast aren't carrying WTNH HD, again, doesn't that tell you something?
post #227 of 2320
Lin owns some 36 stations nationwide. Comcast is the larges cable company in the country. They probably not only were able to get a quantity discount by taking all of the lin stations, it made better buiseness sense to do so.
post #228 of 2320
I see nothing new on the HD channel front. Cox is stagnant, they really need some competition to light a fire under their ass and make some upgrades instead of continously raising their fees for no reason whatsoever.
post #229 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Red Sox View Post

I see nothing new on the HD channel front. Cox is stagnant, they really need some competition to light a fire under their ass and make some upgrades instead of continously raising their fees for no reason whatsoever.

http://www.consumers4choice.org/site...ename=Homepage
post #230 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Red Sox View Post

I see nothing new on the HD channel front. Cox is stagnant, they really need some competition to light a fire under their ass and make some upgrades instead of continously raising their fees for no reason whatsoever.

Nothing new? What about the new MTV HD station coming this week. Now there's a station we should all be excited about.
post #231 of 2320
Well if MTV still had The Osbournes or Newlywed's i might watch it, but since there is no music video's anyway it's useless.
I used to like the Music Awards back in '92.
post #232 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud-man View Post

Well if MTV still had The Osbournes or Newlywed's i might watch it, but since there is no music video's anyway it's useless.
I used to like the Music Awards back in '92.

check out their website (http://www.mhd.tv) and you'll see that it's not a simulcast of the regular MTV channel. It's all music.
post #233 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2HD4Now View Post

check out their website (http://www.mhd.tv) and you'll see that it's not a simulcast of the regular MTV channel. It's all music.

Yes, i watching it now and find it a pleasant surprise!
I love watching live concerts and find this a nice channel do far.
Just like MTV in '83 it was good for the first 10 yrs, then these reality shows and RAP crap took over.
I like your home theater setup Addicted2HD4Now, i just got a Toshiba HD-DVD player, can i come over with a 30 pack and a few HD movies?
post #234 of 2320
Another thing is MHD plays MTV,VH1,and CMT music i find it's a great idea to appeal to all people.
The signal PQ is prob the best on HD right now, good job MTV!
post #235 of 2320
We need to band together against LIN TV, Vincent Sadusky is the New CEO we should call constantly to make our concerns heard:
LIN TV Corp.
401-454-2880
post #236 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud-man View Post

I like your home theater setup Addicted2HD4Now, i just got a Toshiba HD-DVD player, can i come over with a 30 pack and a few HD movies?

Thanks! A 30-pack? How many movies do you want to watch?
post #237 of 2320
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006...3_588_3_06.txt

is on Cox in San Diego so we will probably get it in the near future
post #238 of 2320
Thread Starter 
You folks are letting me slide. What date was MHD first available for viewing?
post #239 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent View Post

You folks are letting me slide. What date was MHD first available for viewing?

July 26/06
post #240 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBourne View Post

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006...3_588_3_06.txt

is on Cox in San Diego so we will probably get it in the near future

I doubt itwe'll get it, just because they have it...many markets had TNT HD and WB for a while before we got it up here in New England( CT & RI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Hartford, CT - Cox