or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › The OFFICIAL Toshiba 56MX195/62MX195/72MX195 OWNER'S THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The OFFICIAL Toshiba 56MX195/62MX195/72MX195 OWNER'S THREAD - Page 2

post #31 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal99 View Post

Anyone know what a blinking yellow (every 1/2 second) means when my set is off? The Blue button is not lit at all. I checked the book and couldn't find anything on a blinking yellow by itself.

When you have the Quick Restart feature ON, the TV does not complete shut down when you turn it off so if you turn it on again the picture comes on immediately. It keeps the lamp on in a low power mode for about 5 minutes before completely shutting down, and during that time the yellow light will blink.
post #32 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by magredc5 View Post

When you have the Quick Restart feature ON, the TV does not complete shut down when you turn it off so if you turn it on again the picture comes on immediately. It keeps the lamp on in a low power mode for about 5 minutes before completely shutting down, and during that time the yellow light will blink.

On my unit, even after the yellow light stops (e.g. away for 2 hours), the picture will come on within 10 seconds. I don't hear a fan running so I assume that the set is powered off.
post #33 of 1334
Anyone try connecting an HTPC to one of these units? What's the highest resolution that you can actually drive (note: the manual is not the definitive source on this; please don't quote me back the manual, unless you want to hurt Toshiba's sales...)
post #34 of 1334
Can anyone tell me how to "lock" the input. Every morning when my wife turns on the TV my 56HM195 has switched back to -Input 0 / ANT1 vs. the input it was displaying (Input5 / Colorstream..
Thanks everyone.
Pete
post #35 of 1334
Thread Starter 
Anyone know how I can prevent the TV GUIDE guide from showing every time I turn on the tv?
post #36 of 1334
FWIW; out of the four Microdisplays I tested with a DVM for current draw off (supposely) and on, these sets (along with Mits) get the Power Hog award. The 52" set draws .5 amp (55 watts) when OFF as in 24/7. This is drawing around what a 60 watt light bulb would draw, but basically doing nothing. When on it draws 2.8 amps.

Remember this when you have your next 'brownout'.
post #37 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal99 View Post

Anyone know how I can prevent the TV GUIDE guide from showing every time I turn on the tv?

In TVG, hit Menu, Go To Control Bar, and select Setup, then select Change Default Options, then General Defaults. Set the Auto Guide option to OFF. These instructions should be at the very end of Section 5 of the manual (TV Guide Onscreen Setup).

John
post #38 of 1334
OK, found the right place to ask. Just ordered the 72HM 195, yet most of you have the MX. Why?
post #39 of 1334
The main difference is that the MX line adds the PC input (VGA) port

Also, this is the MX thread. There is another thread for the HM and HMX line from Toshiba here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=438276
post #40 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by malbo1 View Post

The main difference is that the MX line adds the PC input (VGA) port

Also, this is the MX thread. There is another thread for the HM and HMX line from Toshiba here
[/url]


Is there any difference in the cover over the display? I know in years past the Cinema Series had better glare resistance than the Theaterwide series.
post #41 of 1334
I have not, an will not follow this thread, but I did go track down the owners manual which Toshiba refuses to post:
http://pages.videotron.com/dtv/566272MX195.pdf

The main interest was the pc compatibility. Toshiba buries the signal rates, rightly so, as they are indeed nothing to brag about:

Connecting a personal computer (PC)
This connection allows you to view the image of a personal
computer (PC) on the TV screen. When connecting a PC
to the TV, use an analog RGB (15-pin) computer cable and
a PC audio cable.
- To use a PC, set the monitor output resolution on the
PC before connecting it to the TV. The following signals
can be displayed.
VGA: 640 × 480 @ 60Hz
SVGA: 800 × 600 @ 60Hz
XGA: 1024 × 768 @ 60Hz
Other formats or non-standard signals may not be displayed correctly.

Here we have their best "1080p" display that will not even handle 1280*720p, let alone its own native resolution of 1920*1080 @ 60fps. Shame, shame, shame!
post #42 of 1334
How is "off-axis" viewing with this set?

I have a 50" PIO plasma, and am a bit spoiled with 170 degree viewing angle, but I am considering this set for a room where the seating will be within a 30 degree angle, and the set will sit about 10 degrees "up" in relation to the seats.

This would be the only deal-breaker, as this series of DLP seems to be very nice (1080 rez) and a great price.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
post #43 of 1334
I am thinking about purchasing the 62MX195. How is the picture in picture function?

Can I view two HDMI sources side by side?

What is the hightest resolution someone has gotten from a PC?

When I viewed the 56HM195 at Sears it seemed that it had more SSE then the other tvs around. Does any one else notice this?

How are the rainbows on this set compared to others?

Is there a way to access the service menu so I can hire ISF calibrater and have it properly calibrated?
post #44 of 1334
The off-axis viewing is pretty good. For your specs of 30 degrees wide with 10 degrees up it should be no problem. I have a 72mx195 for reference and I sit about 13 feet away.
post #45 of 1334
I've been thinking about getting one. The 62".
post #46 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoiko View Post

The PQ is better than I expected. However, I did an AVIA calibration and for some reason the settings were lost so I have to redo it.

If the new ones are like the 94 series when you change your settings you have to choose "save" and then "enter" to make them permanent. If you choose "done" and then "enter" the settings are only saved until the set is powered off.
post #47 of 1334
For all you Toshiba owners, you might want to take a look here;

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=602499
post #48 of 1334
Just wanted to say that I got mine this weekend and all I can say is WOW!!! I watched my first HD football game on monday night and I dont every want to watch anything else without HD the model I bought was the 62mx195. I have also found it fun getting the correct antenna position for now I just have an indoor terk one that I got a radio shack seems to work pretty well but I am going to be getting a outdoor one soon from reading hear it seems that the cable master and winegard squareshooters seem to work the best any input you may have would be welcomed. I live in the port saint lucie area and if anybody has a model that they found to be good please let me know. The one issue I did have however is that for whatever reason the picture stop working on the digital channels everything else however was working. I called Toshiba and they had me do a reset of the system and all is back to working again.I looked at many other models but It just seemed to me that this one had teh best picture lined up against the others but they all were good.I also got a real good price on it much better than any place online is selling it for.
post #49 of 1334
Videobruce, in common-man's language, is this all about 1080p content being able to be displayed on a 62mx195 through the EEE 194 connection with a Hard Drive? Simple yes or no, please?
post #50 of 1334
I have been researching large screen TV's for the last month. After considering the Sony SXRD(60 inch just not large enough), the 67" Samsung (too many problems as posted on these forums), the Mitsubishi 72727, and the Toshiba 72MX195, I decided on the Toshiba over the Mitsubishi for a few reasons: 1. Toshiba built in US 2. Picture quality about the same. 3. Price (the Mitsubishi is not $1500 better. 4. Repair records are better for Toshiba. I got my 72MX195 yesterday. Initial observations: Standard definition TV was better than expected, DVD through component cables looked outstanding (I was able to see things I never noticed before (i.e. every strand of Yoda's hair). I will be getting my hi-def cable installed this afternoon. I will report back on the PQ later. Great bang for your buck TV. I haven't been able to find how most people are settting up their TV's through the the video setup controls. Any help would be appreciated. I know, I should probaly get it calibrated by a professional but I need to wait on that.
post #51 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAce View Post

I haven't been able to find how most people are settting up their TV's through the the video setup controls. Any help would be appreciated. I know, I should probaly get it calibrated by a professional but I need to wait on that.

Outside of professional calubration your best bet is to purchase either Avia or Digital Video Essentials to calibrate your DVD input and then tweak the other ones as needed.
post #52 of 1334
I agree with kdog044. I have the 72MX195. What I would do immediately is turn it Dynamic Contrast off, turn the bulb to economy mode and reduce the contrast to at least 70 before you get DVE or AVIA.

Its a great set and you'll love it with High Def through the HDMI connection.
post #53 of 1334
I will be sitting about 8-10 Feet from my new tv. Does anyone have the 72" set and sit this close? I'm wandering if the 62" would be a better sized tv at this distance?
post #54 of 1334
Can anyone tell me the difference between the 45HM95 and the 46HM84. The 95 goes on sale black friday and I will probably buy it. I notice a pretty big price gap between the two, is the 84 series a lot better?
post #55 of 1334
eloser, I have the 72" set and if you sit at between 8 and 10 feet its a little too close. I sit at 12 to 13 feet and its about the minimum to me. Any closer and you see a lot more artifacts on poor HD signals and DVD's.
post #56 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloser View Post

I will be sitting about 8-10 Feet from my new tv. Does anyone have the 72" set and sit this close? I'm wandering if the 62" would be a better sized tv at this distance?

At that distance, I'd get the 56" honestly. 62" I would say 12 feet minimum.
post #57 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyDeVito View Post

At that distance, I'd get the 56" honestly. 62" I would say 12 feet minimum.


I agree - with the 62" I sit about 13-15 feet away and it's fine, but any closer you'll start seeing artifacts with lower quality pictures.
post #58 of 1334
Thanks for the info... guess i saw the 72" on display and was trying to find away to fit it into the room. Almost.... the wife said it was too big too...
post #59 of 1334
I disagree. It depends on what you want - good HD signals, PC games, XBOX360 games look fastastic at maybe 6 feet away.

Again, it is your source. Personally 7 feet for the 65" HP I just got looks great to me (returned the Toshiba due to VGA being borked). So, to each his own. If you like the OTA HDTV in the store, measure the distance and call it a day. You will get the "in the movie" feel from being close
post #60 of 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by reincarnate View Post

I have not, an will not follow this thread, but I did go track down the owners manual which Toshiba refuses to post:
http://pages.videotron.com/dtv/566272MX195.pdf

The main interest was the pc compatibility. Toshiba buries the signal rates, rightly so, as they are indeed nothing to brag about:

Connecting a personal computer (PC)
This connection allows you to view the image of a personal
computer (PC) on the TV screen. When connecting a PC
to the TV, use an analog RGB (15-pin) computer cable and
a PC audio cable.
- To use a PC, set the monitor output resolution on the
PC before connecting it to the TV. The following signals
can be displayed.
VGA: 640 × 480 @ 60Hz
SVGA: 800 × 600 @ 60Hz
XGA: 1024 × 768 @ 60Hz
Other formats or non-standard signals may not be displayed correctly.

Here we have their best "1080p" display that will not even handle 1280*720p, let alone its own native resolution of 1920*1080 @ 60fps. Shame, shame, shame!


My father has this TV and I brought over my PC and the best it will do is the 1024*768.
I tried other resolutions and the color turned green and it looked like Pooh!
The only option is to stretch it....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › The OFFICIAL Toshiba 56MX195/62MX195/72MX195 OWNER'S THREAD