Originally Posted by badtyper
you are still talking to the wall.
All you did was link to another thread, not provide proof!
Bring in some evidence
1. The on-screen display and the menu look exactly the same from the 26HF85 and the 30HF85. I cannot find any difference at all.
2. The power supply noise, when turning on and off, sounds exactly the same from the 26HF85 and the 30HF85.
3. The 34HF85's rear exterior plastic cover looks similar to the 26HF85 and the 30HF85. The 34HF84 and the 34HFX84 look totally different.
4. It sounds like to me that most of the parts are actually coming from Orion in Thailand. I clearly understand that the 34HF85 is assembled in USA, but the parts are actually coming from Thailand.
5. The service menu code is the same found in the cheapo Orion TVs. It is volume all the way down and press 9 on the remote in the 34HF85. Go to Wal-Mart and try that on the Durabrand 19" TV for $90. It works.
6. The power button is located at the left side of the TV, not at the right. Toshiba has never made any tube TVs with the power button located at the left side of the TV before. If you own an old Toshiba TV (any size), you know what I'm talking about.
7. mdtiberi posted some pictures inside his 34HF85. The circuits do not have the "Toshiba" sign stamped on the boards. The 34HF84 has.