Since I recently started playing with .ts files again, I thought I would update this thread with some info I have found from xbox-scene.
1. The XBOX 360 plays .ts and .tp files just fine. However it will not let you ff or rw when playing back the files. It will however let you do 30second skips. In order to get .ts files to play in MCE/WMP and the 360 you can either rename the files to .mpg or install HDTVPump (http://www.dvbportal.de/projects/hdtvpump/
). HDTVPump is basically a plugin that allows the playback of .ts files through WMP which then trickles down to the 360. With HDTVPump you no longer have to rename your .ts files to .mpgs.
2. T2 Extreme 1080p wmv files play great on the XBOX 360 with DRM supported.
Here is what zombie4rave posted:
I got the HD version of T2 Extreme Edition working last night through the 360. If anyone has this you 1st need to patch the Interactual player on your pc for Media Player 10. The patch is on the Interactual site. Now you can open and acquire licenses for the HD-WMA files directly through Media Player. Once this is done you can copy over the 4 parts of the movie to your pc's hdd and stream them over to the 360. This is where the files are located on the DVD where X is your DVD drive location.
- A couple notes on this T2 stuff. First of all, I hate the Interactual player and other 3rd party players like this that install on your system. I popped in the T2 Extreme disk last night (disk 2) and it installed the player on my PC. Then it froze after trying to play the intro menu. I restarted the DVD again and the player worked this time. It then prompted me for a WMP 10 update which I downloade. I shut down IP and install the patch. It fired back up the Interactual player again and froze yet again. So I give up and decide to just copy the 4 .wmv files noted above to my PC at this point. WMP played the files just fine but my I was only getting 2 channel audio out of SPDIF. I monkey around with it some more and find out that I pretty much have to use the analog 5.1 channel output from my sound card to get 5.1 out of T2 Extreme. AC3filter wasn't able to help me here.
However, when I went to the 360 and looked for the shared folder housing the T2 1080p wmv files, I first got 2 little "!" notes on the files. 1 was that the 360 could not produce thumbnails for the files; and 2, when I checked the video file info, it said that I was only authorized to play the file up until 2/11/2006. Now I wonder what will exactly happen if I try to play the T2 wmv files again on the 360 after 2/11/06.
Either way, I am very happy right now with HD content streaming to the 360:
- I have my .dvr-ms files from MCE that records Lost and 24 for my HD-DVR needs.
- I now have my first official wmv high def 1080p movie that I can play on my 1080i set. (which btw supports MS DRM)
- I can play high def .ts files on the 360 (which can be led back to non DRM'd HD content