or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › DVD Recorders (Standard Def) › Media deals this week
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Media deals this week - Page 94

post #2791 of 2957
$8.49/50 shipped(and probably no tax) is a pretty good deal for -R blanks(even if they are CMC MAG's).
Never used Rosewill DVDs but they do make some pretty good computer parts.
Limit 5, not sure how long this deal will last smile.gif

Oh and for anyone looking for cheap DL blanks, Microcenter has their WIndata 8x +R RL gold top 100 spindle on sale again for $29.99 eek.gif Yep thats for a 100 spindle!
I've been having very good luck burning and verifying these in my PCs(at 4x for best burns) but not so good in my Copy Pal II duplicator where I was getting a failure of 1 out of 3. My guess as to the bad burns is the Pal burns at full bore but no way to slow it down. I don't burn these in my DVDRs, years ago I had bad luck with the Windata brand of DLs(different looking DVDs) so now all I use are Verbatims in those.
Edited by jjeff - 12/7/12 at 5:09am
post #2792 of 2957
$5 Off All $30 Media Orders at SMS
Coupon: 5D30DMO
Ends on: 12/12/2012
post #2793 of 2957
Nice deal at Amazon.com on Optical Quantum OQBDR04LT-50 4X 25 GB BD-R Single Layer Blu-Ray Recordable Blank Media Logo Top.
$30 for a 50 pack with free shipping. That's a good deal. I've burned a lot of these and they have been solid.
http://www.amazon.com/Optical-Quantum-OQBDR04LT-50-Blu-Ray-Recordable/dp/B004VS8VA8/ref=pd_sim_e_2
post #2794 of 2957
Any one ever buy these (AmazonBasics 4.7 GB 16x DVD+R - 100 Pack Spindle) from Amazon.com. They are $14.26 per 100 spindle. Recent reviews on their site seem to be good. I was just wondering if any one here has brought these dvd+r before and what results they have gotten with them. I plan on burning my korean drama episode iso files to them.
post #2795 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 View Post

Any one ever buy these (AmazonBasics 4.7 GB 16x DVD+R - 100 Pack Spindle) from Amazon.com. They are $14.26 per 100 spindle. Recent reviews on their site seem to be good. I was just wondering if any one here has brought these dvd+r before and what results they have gotten with them. I plan on burning my korean drama episode iso files to them.

I guess no one has brought these dvd+r's from Amazon.com before. Any way my order has shipped from Amazon so I will be able to test these dvd+r's out. Oh btw, the price of this 100 spindle has dropped a little to $13.55.
post #2796 of 2957
VideoHelp has nothing on the 16x SL AmazonBasics but has one good comment about the 8x DL discs.
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia/amazon-basics-dvd-r-ricohjpnd01-8/4886
They report the 8x DL's as being a MID of RICOH
I've never used them but I agree, the price for the + media is quite good, the -R discs are ~$9 more which is very odd, generally both types are the same price and $9 more is more than 50% more for the -R discs confused.gif
Yesterday at Microcenter B&M I picked up 3 50 spindles of the cheap Life series by Verbatim, at $7.99/50 they are a fair amount cheaper than the better AZO series and seem to work quite well in my PCs or less critical DVDR burns(I somewhat question the longevity of the Life series so I try and use for things that aren't once in a lifetime events).
Please report back the MID and burn success with your new discs, people are always looking for decent cheap media.

While at MC I also snagged a open spindle(didn't seem to be missing any) of the cheap WIndata 8x +R DL blanks. 100 DLs for $19.99 eek.gif
Granted they aren't nearly the quality of Verbatims(AZO series) but DLs for less than SL AZOs was too good to pass up. BTW the current sale price of the Windata DLs is $29.99(regularly $39.99) and yes thats for 100!
Edited by jjeff - 12/21/12 at 2:11pm
post #2797 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Please report back the MID and burn success with your new discs, people are always looking for decent cheap media.

This reviewer claims they are UME02.
post #2798 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post

This reviewer claims they are UME02.
VH lists several brands using that ID, Verbatim Life being the most common and reviews are generally mixed(which is better than poor).
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia?dvdmediasearch=&dvdmediadvdridsearch=UME02&type=12&size=All&dvdburnspeed=All&order=Name&hits=50&search=Search+or+List+Media

edit: looks like that review and ID is for -R discs not the +R ones Chingu808 purchased.
post #2799 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 View Post

Any one ever buy these (AmazonBasics 4.7 GB 16x DVD+R - 100 Pack Spindle) from Amazon.com. They are $14.26 per 100 spindle. Recent reviews on their site seem to be good. I was just wondering if any one here has brought these dvd+r before and what results they have gotten with them. I plan on burning my korean drama episode iso files to them.

This review on amazon makes me think it's a crap shoot, albeit possibly a worthwhile one.

I've bought several thousand discs over the last several years, since I have a lot of files to back up. They have been from many different manufacturers.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1MJW15OOMKRSV/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B001TOD7MO&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=
post #2800 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

edit: looks like that review and ID is for -R discs not the +R ones Chingu808 purchased.
Good catch. That review was the third one listed under the most helpful on the +R page he linked. I missed the -R in the style name.
post #2801 of 2957
http://www.cds.com/JVC-Premium-Grade-DVD-R-25-Disc-Spindles-QTY-300-p/vp-r47hgs-25.htm
Don't know anything about this company(found them on Amazon) but $61.50 shipped(put it in my cart after entering my location and price did not go up) for 300 JVC Premium Grade DVD+R, 16X, Gold Lacquer discs seems too good to be true(change over $20/100). The discs come in a 25 spindle so I'd assume 12 spindles would equal 300 discs....am I looking at something wrong?
Other than this the company seems to be pretty pricy IMO
post #2802 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 View Post

Any one ever buy these (AmazonBasics 4.7 GB 16x DVD+R - 100 Pack Spindle) from Amazon.com. They are $14.26 per 100 spindle. Recent reviews on their site seem to be good. I was just wondering if any one here has brought these dvd+r before and what results they have gotten with them. I plan on burning my korean drama episode iso files to them.

The AmazonBasics 4.7 GB 16x DVD+R 100 spindle I ordered won't reach me until 12/26/12. But the price has dropped 2 times since I placed my order.
They are now $12.90 per 100 spindle. I think I will order 2 more of them and roll the dice that they are good recordable dvd+r's. I'm only using these for people I record Korean drama episodes with subs.
post #2803 of 2957
Walmart has 100 ea. Verbatim 16X AZO's for $24.84, free ship-to-store:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8207324&findingMethod=rr
post #2804 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Walmart has 100 ea. Verbatim 16X AZO's for $24.84, free ship-to-store:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8207324&findingMethod=rr

I ordered a spindle a couple weeks ago, shipped to home because I qualified for free shipping with another purchase. The spindle was packed very poorly in a way-too-large box and only a couple of those big bubble paks. The base was broken and caused the cover and a few discs to float freely on the spindle. No apparent damage to the discs, I used a few from the top and they seemed to burn fine but I don't know if I'd order these from WM again. Amazon still had the same deal posted here earlier and no tax to boot.
post #2805 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleedlee View Post

I ordered a spindle a couple weeks ago, shipped to home because I qualified for free shipping with another purchase. The spindle was packed very poorly in a way-too-large box and only a couple of those big bubble paks. The base was broken and caused the cover and a few discs to float freely on the spindle. No apparent damage to the discs, I used a few from the top and they seemed to burn fine but I don't know if I'd order these from WM again. Amazon still had the same deal posted here earlier and no tax to boot.

Walmart does not do Free Ship to Store for Hi residents. I just order from Amazon.com. Price is about the same and order 2 spindles and get free shipping. Plus I pick the Frustration Free Packaging and every thing comes in perfect shape. I just wish they would drop back down to $19.99-$21.99 price.
post #2806 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 View Post

The AmazonBasics 4.7 GB 16x DVD+R 100 spindle I ordered won't reach me until 12/26/12. But the price has dropped 2 times since I placed my order.
They are now $12.90 per 100 spindle. I think I will order 2 more of them and roll the dice that they are good recordable dvd+r's. I'm only using these for people I record Korean drama episodes with subs.

My 2nd order arrived before the 1st order I placed from Amazon.com. The first shipped by Fed-Ex went from AZ to TN and been stuck there since the 22nd. My 2nd order shipped 2 days later and shipped from AZ to CA to HI & arrived today.

Any way the AmazonBasics 4.7 GB 16x DVD+R discs have a media ID of AML-003-00. I burn everything at 8X. I burned a couple of dvd+r discs and everything burnt find. I ripped both discs and no problems. I guess only time will tell. Price is down to $12.35 per 100 epindle. Now If I want to buy 2 more I still need to add something to the order to get it over $25 to get free shipping.
post #2807 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 View Post

Any way the AmazonBasics 4.7 GB 16x DVD+R discs have a media ID of AML-003-00
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia?dvdmediasearch=&dvdmediadvdridsearch=AML-003-&type=12&size=All&dvdburnspeed=All&order=Name&hits=50&search=Search+or+List+Media
Basically all good according to VH. At times Microcenter has had the Windata discs at or less that price but lately they've been $14.99, a year ago I'd seem them on occasion for $9.99/100 but not lately.
post #2808 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia?dvdmediasearch=&dvdmediadvdridsearch=AML-003-&type=12&size=All&dvdburnspeed=All&order=Name&hits=50&search=Search+or+List+Media
Basically all good according to VH. At times Microcenter has had the Windata discs at or less that price but lately they've been $14.99, a year ago I'd seem them on occasion for $9.99/100 but not lately.

How low will they go. Down to $11.98. Brought 4 spindles so far. I burnt over 70 dvd+r's. And knock on wood no problems so far. I am only using these to make copies of my Korean Dramas for family & friends. My main copy if always using Verbatim AZO dvd-r.
post #2809 of 2957
I agree with your burn plan, using the proven good discs for your archive copy and cheaper discs for give-a-ways. I'm not sure if you've actually played back in full of any of your cheap discs but I'd strongly suggest it.
I scored some cheap Windata DL blanks from Microcenter. They burned quite well in my CopyPal II duplicator as well as PC, even passed my PCs verification. Problem is when I went back to play many of the burnt discs they locked up and skipped around the 1/2 way point to the end. My guess is it's the second layer. Funny thing is they play OK in some of my players but not others(I'd say about 1/2 exhibit some form of skipping and lockups) frown.gif Using the more expensive Verbatim DL 2.4x AZO blanks I have no problem with any of my players. Funny thing is if I copy the skipping Windata DLs in my PC and use a Verbatim for the target the copy plays just fine confused.gif my players are all in good shape and are cleaned regularly and none have issues playing commercial discs(with the exception of bad or badly scratched discs).
Now whenever I use a Windata DL for my target I immediately play it back, scanning on a speed that takes ~5 minutes/disc. I can also use NEXT while scanning because the problems generally show up towards the beginning of chapters. If your discs play good then thats great but I've learned that just because a disc passes verification doesn't mean it won't have issues in players.
I'm going to use up my remaining Windata spindles but I really don't think I'm going to purchase anymore, even though they do sell for the great price of $29.99/100 on occasion. Oh and I've tried all the burn speeds on my PC but I don't think it makes much difference, currently I'm burning the slowest my PC goes(2.4x, the Windatas are 8x) and it might help a little, but I still have occasional issues with several of my players.
I'd try the Amazon discs but really prefer to stick with the - format, I'm forced to use + for DLs since -DLs are extremely expensive but for SL discs I'm OK with ~$15 for my giveaways and $20-29 for my archive discs, I've never tried the Windata SL discs but I'm pretty sure they are available in the - format for the same price.
Edited by jjeff - 12/28/12 at 10:55am
post #2810 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

I agree with your burn plan, using the proven good discs for your archive copy and cheaper discs for give-a-ways. I'm not sure if you've actually played back in full of any of your cheap discs but I'd strongly suggest it.
I scored some cheap Windata DL blanks from Microcenter. They burned quite well in my CopyPal II duplicator as well as PC, even passed my PCs verification. Problem is when I went back to play many of the burnt discs they locked up and skipped around the 1/2 way point to the end. My guess is it's the second layer. Funny thing is they play OK in some of my players but not others(I'd say about 1/2 exhibit some form of skipping and lockups) frown.gif Using the more expensive Verbatim DL 2.4x AZO blanks I have no problem with any of my players. Funny thing is if I copy the skipping Windata DLs in my PC and use a Verbatim for the target the copy plays just fine confused.gif my players are all in good shape and are cleaned regularly and none have issues playing commercial discs(with the exception of bad or badly scratched discs).
Now whenever I use a Windata DL for my target I immediately play it back, scanning on a speed that takes ~5 minutes/disc. I can also use NEXT while scanning because the problems generally show up towards the beginning of chapters. If your discs play good then thats great but I've learned that just because a disc passes verification doesn't mean it won't have issues in players.
I'm going to use up my remaining Windata spindles but I really don't think I'm going to purchase anymore, even though they do sell for the great price of $29.99/100 on occasion. Oh and I've tried all the burn speeds on my PC but I don't think it makes much difference, currently I'm burning the slowest my PC goes(2.4x, the Windatas are 8x) and it might help a little, but I still have occasional issues with several of my players.
I'd try the Amazon discs but really prefer to stick with the - format, I'm forced to use + for DLs since -DLs are extremely expensive but for SL discs I'm OK with ~$15 for my giveaways and $20-29 for my archive discs, I've never tried the Windata SL discs but I'm pretty sure they are available in the - format for the same price.

Well so far I tested them on a Toshiba HD-DVD, New Panny Blu-ray Player & my E500H Dvd Recorder. But the real test will be when family and friends get the dvd+r's and use them on there players.

BTW, the Verbatim AZ0 Dvd-r (100 spindle) drop a little to $22.48 today. First time in over a month or so. I purchased 2 more spindles.
post #2811 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Walmart has 100 ea. Verbatim 16X AZO's for $24.84, free ship-to-store:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8207324&findingMethod=rr

Amazon.com has the Verbatim 16X AZO's (100) spindle for $20.69. This is the Retail Product Packaging.
post #2812 of 2957
Staples Canada has the AZO dye DVD-R 50 packs on for $10.95 + tax until January 4th.

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=&webid=583028&affixedcode=WW

Good deal since you hardly ever see the Verbatims go down in price anymore. I'll need to start buying Blu Ray blanks soon, so I hope I can find deals on those too...
post #2813 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 View Post

Amazon.com has the Verbatim 16X AZO's (100) spindle for $20.69. This is the Retail Product Packaging.
In for two, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug O View Post

Staples Canada has the AZO dye DVD-R 50 packs on for $10.95 + tax until January 4th.
http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=&webid=583028&affixedcode=WW
Good deal since you hardly ever see the Verbatims go down in price anymore. I'll need to start buying Blu Ray blanks soon, so I hope I can find deals on those too...
Do you have a Canadian zip code to enter to see the deal? Your link won't go anywhere without a Canadian zip code and other than knowing they have both numbers and letters I don't know of one off hand.
Once I see the deal I'm going to check US staples to see if they have a similar deal, I think I have some staples rewards or $ off to use, which would be nice with the $10.95 DVDs.
post #2814 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

In for two, thanks!

Let me know what shape these arrive in. I usually buy the Verbatim 97460 4.7 GB up to 16x Branded Recordable Disc DVD-R 100-Disc FFP.
That are shipped like picture below. Like you I order 2 at a time. Mostly for free shipping.

post #2815 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 View Post

Let me know what shape these arrive in. I usually buy the Verbatim 97460 4.7 GB up to 16x Branded Recordable Disc DVD-R 100-Disc FFP.
...
Will do, Amazon gave me a delivery estimate of Jan. 4, 2013 - Jan. 9, 2013. I'm actually sitting pretty good with blank DVDs right now but it's hard to pass up when they get near that allusive $20 PP. I also feel blanks will only be going up as less and less are sold. Prices in B&M have sure gone up and even Black Friday didn't show any good deals, I think it's because they just aren't as popular a item as they use to be frown.gif
Personally I've not noticed much of a difference between the FFP and regular packaging, kind of wonder why they bother with the two types as I only order the one thats currently on sale. AFA ordering 2, I also did it to get the free shipping, I just placed another order a couple days ago so my cart was empty. I've also had issues trying to order more than 3 at a time, 3 seems to be the magic number when they limit the quantity(which they don't tell you until you try and order too many).
post #2816 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Will do, Amazon gave me a delivery estimate of Jan. 4, 2013 - Jan. 9, 2013. I'm actually sitting pretty good with blank DVDs right now but it's hard to pass up when they get near that allusive $20 PP. I also feel blanks will only be going up as less and less are sold. Prices in B&M have sure gone up and even Black Friday didn't show any good deals, I think it's because they just aren't as popular a item as they use to be frown.gif
Personally I've not noticed much of a difference between the FFP and regular packaging, kind of wonder why they bother with the two types as I only order the one thats currently on sale. AFA ordering 2, I also did it to get the free shipping, I just placed another order a couple days ago so my cart was empty. I've also had issues trying to order more than 3 at a time, 3 seems to be the magic number when they limit the quantity(which they don't tell you until you try and order too many).

I have ordered the Retail version before. And all they do is put the spindles in a big box with those air bags. By the time I get the box all the air bags a deflated and the spindles have been bouncing all over the place in the box. I have had spindles arrive broken. That is why I order the ones package FFP. My last 2 orders have shipped out the next day after I placed my order. Even though it said estimate deliver was about a week later. Also they ship everything by Fed-Ex.
post #2817 of 2957
Ok the Verbatim 97460 4.7 GB 16x Branded Recordable AS0 DVD-R 100 spindle in FFP (Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging) has dropped in price to $20.69. Just ordered 2 more spindles.
post #2818 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Do you have a Canadian zip code to enter to see the deal? Your link won't go anywhere without a Canadian zip code...

I didn’t have to input any postal code to see the deal. I am using a CDN IP however.

Nice find Doug.

Here are CDN postal codes.
post #2819 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Eye View Post

I didn’t have to input any postal code to see the deal. I am using a CDN IP however.
I can see it now, I just entered the first zip code from your link, before that I just got a screen telling me to enter the Canadian zip code I wanted it shipped to smile.gif
Looks like a limit of 1 but I agree it's a great price, especially for Canada where AZO Verbs tend to run higher than Amazon sells to the US.
post #2820 of 2957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

...I'm actually sitting pretty good with blank DVDs right now but it's hard to pass up when they get near that allusive $20 PP.

I hear you...

All this talk has me smiling. I am down to about 1700 -R blanks right now, and that doesn't include +R and -R DLs. I guess when I get down to 1400, I'll have to get another case of 600 blank T-Ys. I've gone through over 100 in the month of December alone. HO, HO, HO, tis the season for marathons. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DVD Recorders (Standard Def)
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › DVD Recorders (Standard Def) › Media deals this week