or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 552

post #16531 of 34707
Yes, HK is a great brand, and I have a HK pre-amp from the 70's that I still treasure... but I tend to be skeptical of a price that seems to be too good to be true.
post #16532 of 34707


I have a solution for our problems! LOL!!! biggrin.gif
post #16533 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerpilot View Post



I have a solution for our problems! LOL!!! biggrin.gif
this is so funny..lol
post #16534 of 34707
Thanks for recommending the RTiA series. These A5's sound great compared to the monitor 60s.

It's like removing a cataract.
post #16535 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

BAM!!


And the best part is, Im off of work for the rest of the week!!biggrin.gif

That is awesome brother. Can't wait to hear some feedback about it.
post #16536 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc99 View Post

Does anyone remember when you had to go to a high end audiophile store to find POLK speakers? It seemed the same thing happened with Klipsch too. Some years back they just started coming out in Main stream stores.

I have a pair of Polk 10 and a pair of 7s that I bought at a high end store called Almas in Dearborn MI. I had been looking for speakers for my home system for about 2 or 3 years, in the mid 80s when I heard the 10s. A friend was playing the Steely Dan album "Gaucho" and I was hooked. I still listen to them daily and they are awesome. I have heard speakers that sound as good and or better, but the prices are a lot higher than what I paid for the 10s.
post #16537 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSMG View Post

I have a pair of Polk 10 and a pair of 7s that I bought at a high end store called Almas in Dearborn MI. I had been looking for speakers for my home system for about 2 or 3 years, in the mid 80s when I heard the 10s. A friend was playing the Steely Dan album "Gaucho" and I was hooked. I still listen to them daily and they are awesome. I have heard speakers that sound as good and or better, but the prices are a lot higher than what I paid for the 10s.

its funny you guys mention this ...because .i do remember when polk speakers where indeed .considered ..high end ..when matt.. polk was on all the news letter of polk audio speakers
you had to go to the highend store to get polk and i would see polk speakers on display with bowers & wilkings kef and so on...but now i guess the lsim is reserved for that now....
post #16538 of 34707
Just found 5 crown 802 amps for 250 each.... grrrrr i just spent all my money yesterday...... thats 50 cents per watt into 8 ohm load....
post #16539 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdHerd View Post

Just found 5 crown 802 amps for 250 each.... grrrrr i just spent all my money yesterday...... thats 50 cents per watt into 8 ohm load....

I can sure relate to that. I could dip into my savings but I just can't put toys into the rainy day category. Sure as sh*t if I started doing that it would start raining and pouring for 40 days and 40 nights.
post #16540 of 34707
I found a pair of RT10's for $100... Good deal?
post #16541 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDireWolf View Post

I found a pair of RT10's for $100... Good deal?

I would say so. Refurbs on Polk ebay go for $275 each. As long as they work right and aren't beat up I'd jump on them..
Edited by XStanleyX - 1/24/13 at 4:23pm
post #16542 of 34707
craigslist?
post #16543 of 34707
Yep.
post #16544 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDireWolf View Post

Yep.

Hope it works out for you. Those will probably go fast at that price if they are in good shape.
post #16545 of 34707
Does anyone have an amp they are looking to sell? smile.gif I need to power some LSi15s (hopefully soon)
post #16546 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNaudioguy View Post

Does anyone have an amp they are looking to sell? smile.gif I need to power some LSi15s (hopefully soon)

I have a 500 watt mono amp in my car but it might not work. So did the CC come thru for you?
post #16547 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I have a 500 watt mono amp in my car but it might not work. So did the CC come thru for you?

I finally got an email from him. He said his day was extremely busy and he was going to send me some pictures last night. Still no pictures. I just emailed him asking what the scoop is and when he wants to get this thing taken care of. His name is Stu, that is a name that just says "medium pace" if you ask me. So maybe he just is on his own time and i should be more patient. Thoughts? lol
post #16548 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNaudioguy View Post

I finally got an email from him. He said his day was extremely busy and he was going to send me some pictures last night. Still no pictures. I just emailed him asking what the scoop is and when he wants to get this thing taken care of. His name is Stu, that is a name that just says "medium pace" if you ask me. So maybe he just is on his own time and i should be more patient. Thoughts? lol

Seems like he doesn't want/ need to sell it very bad. Offer him a thousand bucks and I'll bet things would go a lot faster. biggrin.gif
post #16549 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Seems like he doesn't want/ need to sell it very bad. Offer him a thousand bucks and I'll bet things would go a lot faster. biggrin.gif

I wish! i have another guy that is offerering to seel his LSiC for 300 but it is 5yrs old. The guy that is taking forever is brand new with 50hrs on it. Should i wait for the newer one? Also, the guy with a 5yr old LSi set also has FXs. I am trying to decide if i want my FXs that used or if i should buy the 7s from polk ebay and basically new with a warranty. Thoughts?
post #16550 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNaudioguy View Post

I wish! i have another guy that is offerering to seel his LSiC for 300 but it is 5yrs old. The guy that is taking forever is brand new with 50hrs on it. Should i wait for the newer one? Also, the guy with a 5yr old LSi set also has FXs. I am trying to decide if i want my FXs that used or if i should buy the 7s from polk ebay and basically new with a warranty. Thoughts?

I'd go with the 7's simply because I'm not critical about surrounds. Some people are. Be worth it to wait it out as long as you can on the newer CC. You can only wait so long of course.
post #16551 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I'd go with the 7's simply because I'm not critical about surrounds. Some people are. Be worth it to wait it out as long as you can on the newer CC. You can only wait so long of course.

That is kind of what I was thinking. I will give it a little longer. So frustrating! Damn you Stu! smile.gif
post #16552 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNaudioguy View Post

That is kind of what I was thinking. I will give it a little longer. So frustrating! Damn you Stu! smile.gif

Yep, I've run across a few people like that on craigslist. Sucks.
post #16553 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Yep, I've run across a few people like that on craigslist. Sucks.

me too, i guess I had higher hopes from people on Polk forums. He has over a few hundred posts as well, so its not like he is some guy that is new to this
post #16554 of 34707
Glad you guys are Scoring deals on Craigslist.

I must be doing something wrong because I was not able to find anything great in the Detroit metro area. The gear is either beat up or priced too high for me.
Then again I am cheap and a Craigslist noob.
post #16555 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNaudioguy View Post

me too, i guess I had higher hopes from people on Polk forums. He has over a few hundred posts as well, so its not like he is some guy that is new to this

Eh things take time anywhere. I say this as a buyer and a seller of audio gear.

And I would get the f/xs personally... Wait that's my system lol.....
post #16556 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietnemesis View Post

Glad you guys are Scoring deals on Craigslist.

I must be doing something wrong because I was not able to find anything great in the Detroit metro area. The gear is either beat up or priced too high for me.
Then again I am cheap and a Craigslist noob.

You have to stay at your PC looking constantly for the good deals otherwise they get snatched up real quick and the ad is deleted. I scored on a pair of Bryston 4BST amps once for $600 for the pair. The guy didn't know what he really had. I flipped them for a grand each. Now I wish I had kept one of them.
post #16557 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

You have to stay at your PC looking constantly for the good deals otherwise they get snatched up real quick and the ad is deleted. I scored on a pair of Bryston 4BST amps once for $600 for the pair. The guy didn't know what he really had. I flipped them for a grand each. Now I wish I had kept one of them.

Dang! Now what did you spend the 800 in earnings on? I can almost gaurantee it was audio gear!
post #16558 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Eh things take time anywhere. I say this as a buyer and a seller of audio gear.

And I would get the f/xs personally... Wait that's my system lol.....

LOL, biased a little? smile.gif Even with them being 5 years old? He is wanting to tell me the 2 FX's and LSiC for 900. If the other guy pans out, I can get a nee LSiC and 2 LSi7s (with warranty) for 700.
post #16559 of 34707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNaudioguy View Post

Dang! Now what did you spend the 800 in earnings on? I can almost gaurantee it was audio gear!

I think it was a pair of Dunlavy SC IV's if I remember right. After so much audio gear it all seems to blend in together and I forget what was bought when.
post #16560 of 34707
Hey Stanley, I'll give you a deal on my XPA-3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread