or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 601

post #18001 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post

I saw the 75t black new for $199 each. Do you think I should get these. There is another deal going on the Def technology pro cinema 600 for $399.

if I go with the polks, which center will match these speakers.

 

I've never recommended Def Tech's. May be cause of their BS specs. To be honest though I've never heard any and don't care too cause of the BS. I think the matching CC is the 25C for the Polks.

post #18002 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

Get it On (Bang a Gong)?

...or "gang a Bong" tongue.gif
post #18003 of 34757
Just picked up 2x monitor 75t speakers for fronts... 2x monitor 65t speakers for the rears... 1x monitor 25c for the center... 2x 45b bookshelf speakers.... price was $900... good or no?

Also picked up a premier acoustic - 150 15" sub for $385... and a yamaha rxv671 for $340.. total for everything was around $1600... good system? 7.1
post #18004 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post


I'm going to tell you a secret......but don't tell my wife..........I purchased a pair of 265-RT too......eek.gif
What can I say.........is Geoff's fault for bragging on having RTi A9's as surrounds.........LOL!

About the power amplification, well I was hoping on using my current amps for majority of the speakers and the Denon for the rest. But, it seems the external amp configuration at the 4311 won't let me do that.

But fear not, I have a plan B in motion.........tongue.gif
Actually, do you know where can I buy one at a decent price? eek.gif

A little late, but wow that is going to big some major power and great speakers. Awesome for you.
post #18005 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietnemesis View Post


A little late, but wow that is going to big some major power and great speakers. Awesome for you.

 

His lights probably dim when he turns it on and flicker with the bass notes.

post #18006 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietnemesis View Post

A little late, but wow that is going to big some major power and great speakers. Awesome for you.

Thanks bro! I'll keep all posted here when everything is up and running at my room. But, I need to find/buy a XPA-5 first.....mad.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

His lights probably dim when he turns it on and flicker with the bass notes.

These are call special lighting effects at my HT room..............LOL!
post #18007 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

Besides Geoff4RFC, where does the name REO Speedwagon come from and why was it names thusly.

Nicely done! But you got me on this one.........besides, you can tune a piano but you can't tunafish...... biggrin.gif
post #18008 of 34757

I learned a new thing today. You go to the beach with a loaf of bread and some beer. Soak the bread pieces in beer and feed them to the seagulls. Quite a sight seeing a bunch of drunk seagulls staggering all over each other.

post #18009 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Nicely done! But you got me on this one.........besides, you can tune a piano but you can't tunafish...... biggrin.gif
Ransom E. Olds....

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z14578/REO-Speedwagon.aspx



Off topic: Who remembers the band Roadmaster? Must be some Midwesterners here....
post #18010 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I learned a new thing today. You go to the beach with a loaf of bread and some beer. Soak the bread pieces in beer and feed them to the seagulls. Quite a sight seeing a bunch of drunk seagulls staggering all over each other.

You my friend are a sick person.........how do you dare to post this..................without a video.......mad.gif
post #18011 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoda View Post


Ransom E. Olds....

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z14578/REO-Speedwagon.aspx



Off topic: Who remembers the band Roadmaster? Must be some Midwesterners here....

 

That was way before my time. I'm only 39. Same age as Jack Benny was when he died.

post #18012 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post


You my friend are a sick person.........how do you dare to post this..................without a video.......mad.gif

 

Sorry, I left my cell phone at home. I'll take it with me next time.

post #18013 of 34757
Nice Stanley. The Grand Daddy of the pickup truck.
post #18014 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I learned a new thing today. You go to the beach with a loaf of bread and some beer. Soak the bread pieces in beer and feed them to the seagulls. Quite a sight seeing a bunch of drunk seagulls staggering all over each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

You my friend are a sick person.........how do you dare to post this..................without a video.......mad.gif

You guys are cracking me up. That's a lot more humane than what some of my buddies used to do down in Corpus Cristy, throwing alka seltzer to the seagulls, I never witnessed it but I heard it wasn't pretty.
post #18015 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I learned a new thing today. You go to the beach with a loaf of bread and some beer. Soak the bread pieces in beer and feed them to the seagulls. Quite a sight seeing a bunch of drunk seagulls staggering all over each other.

Does that really work? I hate pigeons. I wonder if I get them drunk if I can shoot them in the driveway easier... LOL biggrin.gif
post #18016 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post


Does that really work? I hate pigeons. I wonder if I get them drunk if I can shoot them in the driveway easier... LOL biggrin.gif

 

I dunno about pigeons but a seagull will eat damn near anything. It's just a glutton with wings. Definitely not a car friendly bird either.

post #18017 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

His lights probably dim when he turns it on and flicker with the bass notes.

Must be great for watching Thor in the Avengers
post #18018 of 34757
All, I am running a pair of 20 year old S4's in my office off an Onkyo TX-8050 (80wpc) with a velodyne impact-10 sub and I think these S4's still sound amazing.. they are in like new shape (always taken very good care of them, never over or under driven, etc etc) but I am wondering what to compare them to? ...and if I wanted to upgrade what a good upgrade would be in the 300 to 400 dollar range? Or just keep them until the caps in the cross over or a driver craps out?
post #18019 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3v3nant View Post

All, I am running a pair of 20 year old S4's in my office off an Onkyo TX-8050 (80wpc) with a velodyne impact-10 sub and I think these S4's still sound amazing.. they are in like new shape (always taken very good care of them, never over or under driven, etc etc) but I am wondering what to compare them to? ...and if I wanted to upgrade what a good upgrade would be in the 300 to 400 dollar range? Or just keep them until the caps in the cross over or a driver craps out?

 

For book shelf speakers in that range would be these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RTiA3-Black-Bookshelf-Speakers-Polk-Audio-PAIR-/230961241402?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item35c65cdd3a

 

But if you think they still sound amazing why not stick with them. You'll end up in the rabbit hole with the rest of us.

 

Higher up the ladder is this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-LSi7-EBONY-Bookshelf-Loudspeakers-Polk-Audio-/390426100204?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item5ae73581ec

 

Those are 4 ohm and require more power though. You could push them but not any more than moderate levels.

post #18020 of 34757
Thanks for the reply. I read the TX-8050 can drive 4ohm speakers just fine... so it's not out of the picture to consider a 4ohm speaker. Well, I might just hold onto these s4's a bit longer then... I had the upgrade itch but I should just wait it out. redface.gif
post #18021 of 34757
RtiA 1's or RtiA 3's? Buying this Friday from the Polk Ebay store. Is there a really big difference becuause I would like to save some coin if I could.
post #18022 of 34757
What will they be used for?
post #18023 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelFisch View Post

What will they be used for?

As my mains, moving the M 30's to surround duty.
post #18024 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumprunlogan View Post

RtiA 1's or RtiA 3's? Buying this Friday from the Polk Ebay store. Is there a really big difference becuause I would like to save some coin if I could.
A1s will give you all the clarity and detail of the A3s, but the A3s being bigger will throw a wider soundstage, the midrange will be slightly richer and will have more punch at the bottom. With a good sub, the A1s won't lack much except the larger soundstage and the richer mids.
post #18025 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

A1s will give you all the clarity and detail of the A3s, but the A3s being bigger will throw a wider soundstage, the midrange will be slightly richer and will have more punch at the bottom. With a good sub, the A1s won't lack much except the larger soundstage and the richer mids.

Sounds like I may want the A3. I have the 15C & a rw-12d sub. The 15c is struggling to keep up with the rest of the system though & a Cs20 may be in my future along with another avr.
post #18026 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumprunlogan View Post

Sounds like I may want the A3. I have the 15C & a rw-12d sub. The 15c is struggling to keep up with the rest of the system though & a Cs20 may be in my future along with another avr.

If your going to go with the A3 you may want to match with the A4/6 center...my living room set up is 4 RTI 4 and CSI 3and I'm very happy with that.
post #18027 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKats View Post

If your going to go with the A3 you may want to match with the A4/6 center...my living room set up is 4 RTI 4 and CSI 3and I'm very happy with that.
Thanks! The upgrade bug never stops..
post #18028 of 34757
newegg has the psw505 on sale for $179.99, pretty sure this is the lowest price i've seen. previously it was about $187.99 or at the lowest $181.99. dont think it'll ever get lower than this, codes aren't stackable. i bought this last week with a 10% code they sent through email, but that was at $199.99, so essentially same price. remember to use ebates or chase to get 1% cashback

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290130&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL041613&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL041613-_-EMC-041613-Index-_-HomeAudioSpeakers-_-82290130-L028B
post #18029 of 34757
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwong View Post

newegg has the psw505 on sale for $179.99, pretty sure this is the lowest price i've seen. previously it was about $187.99 or at the lowest $181.99. dont think it'll ever get lower than this, codes aren't stackable. i bought this last week with a 10% code they sent through email, but that was at $199.99, so essentially same price. remember to use ebates or chase to get 1% cashback

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290130&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL041613&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL041613-_-EMC-041613-Index-_-HomeAudioSpeakers-_-82290130-L028B

 

I don't recall ever seeing it that low either. Great sub for the money.

post #18030 of 34757
Eh, personally I would keep saving your pennies for a better investment. If you get one of those now and find you aren't getting enough bass or good low hz bass (likely) you wont be able to sell it without taking a serious loss. Then you end up spending MORE than you would have it you had just waited to get a better sub (500+ range min IMHO)

If I had my druthers I would have invested the money I put into my PSW125 somewhere else or waited to get the sub I "really" wanted.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread