or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 665

post #19921 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Oh yeah, 11.2........biggrin.gif

That is a killer system the one that you are building right there. First the A9's, then the XV15, soon the 929 and if you can add an external amp, then you will be golden!!!

Cheers!

Yeah, take a close look at what he's building...........I think Fresh peeked at my dream set up and went after it eek.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Gonna say dud upgrade. A decent upgrade woul be a good sub in the 500-600 dollar range and a set of RTi A5s, A7s, heck even A3s.

That or the older RTi line.

Upgrading one model up IMHO isn't worth it.

I agree, the RTi's and RTiA's would be a decent upgrade however, take a look at his driving power, he'd probably need to upgrade the AVR as well. Yeah, a single driver upgrade might not be the best thing.
post #19922 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post

Ive got a sub already, was hoping for a little more anything than the 50 (I am in no way disappointed with the 50). I know the difference is the additional midrange driver - 2 vs 3. Was hoping that would give a little something extra.

For $300 its not much (certainly less than upgrading to RTi's).

I still have time to cancel my order.... maybe will just move the 50 to rear to replace the 30's I got now. Placement is hard though.

At least if I can sell the 50s I shouldnt be spending much at all at the end.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Good luck on selling the 50's. I know TONS of folks that cant move em at all.

I had a set of Monitor 60's and it took me almost 3 months to sell them and I got 1/2 what I paid for them, and I did well.

So dont buy the new ones with the intent to sell the old ones to make your cash back, you wont make it back.

Personally keep the 300 bucks and keep saving. Check Polks ebay website (stores.ebay.com/Polk-Audio-Direct) for some RTi speakers as that will be a MUCH better upgrade for you IMHO.

Looking real quick you can get a set of RTi8's (old version of the A5's IIRC) for 400 for the pair with free shipping.. Now thats an upgrade

Or keep waiting for the RTi10's or RTI12's. Personally I would say the 10's would be as high as I would go since the 12's need some MASSIVE power to sound their best and they are duplicating lots of what your sub should be doing.

For me the RTi8's or RTi A5's are the sweet spot. They do the highs and mid-range and let the sub handle the down low which you want anyway. That and they dont draw nearly as much power as the other models.
Edited by EndersShadow - 7/19/13 at 8:34am
post #19923 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

looks good, what sub you going with?

I'll probably go with a HSU VTF-2 mk4.

Right now I'm trying to decide on getting the 55T LR or 45B LR. I'm running a Yamaha RX-V 673 with my old Yamaha NS-555 for LR.

I've also thought about just getting the Yamaha NS-C444 for center and getting the Yamaha NS-333 for SR.

Update: Now I'm looking at the Tsi series, some of the prices from Polk direct are pretty good.
Edited by jfoul - 7/19/13 at 8:48am
post #19924 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Good luck on selling the 50's. I know TONS of folks that cant move em at all.

I had a set of Monitor 60's and it took me almost 3 months to sell them and I got 1/2 what I paid for them, and I did well.

So dont buy the new ones with the intent to sell the old ones to make your cash back, you wont make it back.

Personally keep the 300 bucks and keep saving. Check Polks ebay website (stores.ebay.com/Polk-Audio-Direct) for some RTi speakers as that will be a MUCH better upgrade for you IMHO.

Looking real quik you can get a set of RTi8's (old version of the A5's IIRC) for 400 for the pair with free shipping.. Now thats an upgrade

+1
post #19925 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post

New toy is in the house biggrin.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Now back to work!!! More pictures tomorrow wink.gif


What do you mean by "back to work"? Pics man, pics.....that's what we need........tongue.gif

Pretty cool Friday for you........congrats with the new addition to your system!
post #19926 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post

Ive got a sub already, was hoping for a little more anything than the 50 (I am in no way disappointed with the 50). I know the difference is the additional midrange driver - 2 vs 3. Was hoping that would give a little something extra.

For $300 its not much (certainly less than upgrading to RTi's).

I still have time to cancel my order.... maybe will just move the 50 to rear to replace the 30's I got now. Placement is hard though.

At least if I can sell the 50s I shouldnt be spending much at all at the end.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Good luck on selling the 50's. I know TONS of folks that cant move em at all.

I had a set of Monitor 60's and it took me almost 3 months to sell them and I got 1/2 what I paid for them, and I did well.

So dont buy the new ones with the intent to sell the old ones to make your cash back, you wont make it back.

Personally keep the 300 bucks and keep saving. Check Polks ebay website (stores.ebay.com/Polk-Audio-Direct) for some RTi speakers as that will be a MUCH better upgrade for you IMHO.

Looking real quick you can get a set of RTi8's (old version of the A5's IIRC) for 400 for the pair with free shipping.. Now thats an upgrade

Or keep waiting for the RTi10's or RTI12's. Personally I would say the 10's would be as high as I would go since the 12's need some MASSIVE power to sound their best and they are duplicating lots of what your sub should be doing.

For me the RTi8's or RTi A5's are the sweet spot. They do the highs and mid-range and let the sub handle the down low which you want anyway. That and they dont draw nearly as much power as the other models.

Thanks for the input. I will try to cancel before I gotta deal with return shipping lol.

But I would have to change my whole set to match right? If I changed my fronts to RTi I should also change my center and rears? Or are the RTi close in timber?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
post #19927 of 34727
Busy day today. I just finished to make room for my second Rythmik Audio F12SE and placed an order for an Auralex Subdude HD (For the second F12SE).... now back to work again biggrin.gif

Busy, busy, busy day today!!!
post #19928 of 34727
You might want to change your center, the rears probably won't be that bad but. you can buy the rti/rtia for L/R and decide about the center later rti on polk ebay is not to badly priced. That line also shows up at frys for cheap.
post #19929 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoul View Post

I'll probably go with a HSU VTF-2 mk4.

Right now I'm trying to decide on getting the 55T LR or 45B LR. I'm running a Yamaha RX-V 673 with my old Yamaha NS-555 for LR.

I've also thought about just getting the Yamaha NS-C444 for center and getting the Yamaha NS-333 for SR.

Update: Now I'm looking at the Tsi series, some of the prices from Polk direct are pretty good.
I have used the 45b and 65t as fronts. floor standards are simple(no stand shopping) and seem to have a better sound.
The tsi line and monitor are supposedly very close, if you splurge go with the rti/rtia line I don't think you'll regret it.
post #19930 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post

Busy day today. I just finished to make room for my second Rythmik Audio F12SE and placed an order for an Auralex Subdude HD (For the second F12SE).... now back to work again biggrin.gif

Busy, busy, busy day today!!!

Wait, a second F12SE!?!?!?..................sweet!!!

Where are the pics of the new baby?

Hey, I went back and looked at the pic of the receiver and I noticed something in it. I'm not totally sure is an issue, but send me the unit to my house and I'll check it for you for free. I'll send the unit back after I test it and with a full report. Don't worry it wouldn't take that long.......just like a couple of years.........perhaps.........tongue.gif
post #19931 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post

But I would have to change my whole set to match right? If I changed my fronts to RTi I should also change my center and rears? Or are the RTi close in timber?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Nope, just suggest changing your center when possible to the CSi5. Just wait till you see how big that center is. Its what a center should be eek.gif. I know folks using that center with Polk SDA SRS speakers which says a LOT
post #19932 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post

New toy is in the house biggrin.gif




Now back to work!!! More pictures tomorrow wink.gif


Please give us some feedback on that beautiful receiver.
I am looking at the same receiver myself soon:)
post #19933 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Wait, a second F12SE!?!?!?..................sweet!!!

Where are the pics of the new baby?

Hey, I went back and looked at the pic of the receiver and I noticed something in it. I'm not totally sure is an issue, but send me the unit to my house and I'll check it for you for free. I'll send the unit back after I test it and with a full report. Don't worry it wouldn't take that long.......just like a couple of years.........perhaps.........tongue.gif

No pics yet of the new F12SE. Brian is checking in our warehouse if we have a match for my actual F12SE from 2011, if not then I may need to change the amp in the one I already have to perfectly match the new one.
post #19934 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post

No pics yet of the new F12SE. Brian is checking in our warehouse if we have a match for my actual F12SE from 2011, if not then I may need to change the amp in the one I already have to perfectly match the new one.
If you decide to sale the old se so you can match I know some one who would be interested! biggrin.gif
post #19935 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelFisch View Post

If you decide to sale the old se so you can match I know some one who would be interested! biggrin.gif

Hahaha, fortunately I don't need to sell the old one. Just change the A370PEQ2 amp for a new A370PEQ3 amp and they will match smile.gif That's part of the benefits to work for Rythmik Audio biggrin.gif

BTW, we do the same with our customers that need to match old subwoofers with a new one.
post #19936 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Good luck on selling the 50's. I know TONS of folks that cant move em at all.

I had a set of Monitor 60's and it took me almost 3 months to sell them and I got 1/2 what I paid for them, and I did well.


So dont buy the new ones with the intent to sell the old ones to make your cash back, you wont make it back

I'm actually trying to sell my 4 month old monitor system. 2 65s, 4 35s and a 25 in cherry for only $600 and I havent ha d any luck. So this man knows what he talking about.
post #19937 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post

Hahaha, fortunately I don't need to sell the old one. Just change the A370PEQ2 amp for a new A370PEQ3 amp and they will match smile.gif That's part of the benefits to work for Rythmik Audio biggrin.gif

BTW, we do the same with our customers that need to match old subwoofers with a new one.

I wish I could get a new amp for my ES250 JBL sub... LOL
rolleyes.gif
post #19938 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Nope, just suggest changing your center when possible to the CSi5. Just wait till you see how big that center is. Its what a center should be eek.gif. I know folks using that center with Polk SDA SRS speakers which says a LOT
The CSi5/A6 is a powerful center, but it's too forward and tippy in the high end to match well with SDAs. The CS350LS, 1000P, 400/400i are better matches if you're not going with a single SDA/CRS+.
post #19939 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Good luck on selling the 50's. I know TONS of folks that cant move em at all.

I had a set of Monitor 60's and it took me almost 3 months to sell them and I got 1/2 what I paid for them, and I did well.


So dont buy the new ones with the intent to sell the old ones to make your cash back, you wont make it back

I'm actually trying to sell my 4 month old monitor system. 2 65s, 4 35s and a 25 in cherry for only $600 and I havent ha d any luck. So this man knows what he talking about.

Willing to part out? Or only selling as one set?
post #19940 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine24-7 View Post

Willing to part out? Or only selling as one set?

I have one guy that Im waiting for a response from for the entire set. If that falls through Im willing to part it out. I don't have the original boxes. My wife and kids got to them for art projects before i could put them in the attic
post #19941 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

I have one guy that Im waiting for a response from for the entire set. If that falls through Im willing to part it out. I don't have the original boxes. My wife and kids got to them for art projects before i could put them in the attic

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif
post #19942 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif


Hey... I made it very clear that the rti boxes are not toys.. Or there will be a world of pain.. Lol..

And they have done an awesome job of not touching daddy's speakers... Considering mine are 1, 3 and almost 6
post #19943 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine24-7 View Post

Willing to part out? Or only selling as one set?

I have one guy that Im waiting for a response from for the entire set. If that falls through Im willing to part it out. I don't have the original boxes. My wife and kids got to them for art projects before i could put them in the attic

First, good luck selling them as a set. I hope you do as it would make your life much easier. And the boxes aren't a deal breaker for me. Just let me know.
post #19944 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Hey... I made it very clear that the rti boxes are not toys.. Or there will be a world of pain.. Lol..

And they have done an awesome job of not touching daddy's speakers... Considering mine are 1, 3 and almost 6

Good ages mine are 18mo, 4 1/2, and 7. Luckily they also do a (pretty) good job of not touching stuff.
post #19945 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKats View Post

Good ages mine are 18mo, 4 1/2, and 7. Luckily they also do a (pretty) good job of not touching stuff.

Yeah you're pretty much in the same boat as me.. I found that when kids grow up around speakers they are ok with them.. but when there's a b-day party and other people's kids come over.. I turn into the troll under the bridge.. like Bernie Mac once said. "I'll f*ck a kid up" .. Lol.. not really.. but I've gotten very loud a couple times..
post #19946 of 34727
Lol biggrin.gif
post #19947 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Yeah you're pretty much in the same boat as me.. I found that when kids grow up around speakers they are ok with them.. but when there's a b-day party and other people's kids come over.. I turn into the troll under the bridge.. like Bernie Mac once said. "I'll f*ck a kid up" .. Lol.. not really.. but I've gotten very loud a couple times..

I heard that. My kids got knee deep in some friends kids and then they went crying to their momma... Needless to say, momma wasn't happy. I just looked at her and said, "Keep your boys away from the speakers and the TVs". Then I told all of the kids to go outside (where I spent every waking minute of my childhood under fear of death for going inside prior to the lights coming on). She left early! My kids weren't always that good. When I upgraded from my ceiling mounted B### system, they had never seen speakers on the floor. It took a few smacks and standing in the corners... LOL biggrin.gif

Hey, I see it this way, when my children go to someone's home I keep them in line. More so than my own home. If other people can't have the same respect and courtesy, then screw 'em. They don't have to come over again.

I've looked at parents and said, "You gonna smack 'em or do I have to"? Then that friggin stupid line I hate so much, "We don't hit our children". "Well you need to, obviously. They're acting like heathens", I reply... I've been told I have a deep, booming voice, so when I get "DIRECT" with someone, everyone within 100 feet stops and looks. LOL
post #19948 of 34727
^^^^
Oh yeah climber! That had me Rollin on the floor! My wife tells me I need a filter with that stuff. Cuz I do the same thing.

My best friend lets his 5 year old touch his tv screen and put games in his ps3 and all kinds of stuff. One day I told his son that it's very nice that his daddy lets him touch his things. But I like my stuff to be nice. So if you touch my speakers again I'll show you why my boy doesn't.

He started bawling. And I was like "I didn't even smack him yet!"
post #19949 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Gonna say dud upgrade. A decent upgrade woul be a good sub in the 500-600 dollar range and a set of RTi A5s, A7s, heck even A3s.

That or the older RTi line.

Upgrading one model up IMHO isn't worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post

Ive got a sub already, was hoping for a little more anything than the 50 (I am in no way disappointed with the 50). I know the difference is the additional midrange driver - 2 vs 3. Was hoping that would give a little something extra.

For $300 its not much (certainly less than upgrading to RTi's).

I still have time to cancel my order.... maybe will just move the 50 to rear to replace the 30's I got now. Placement is hard though.

At least if I can sell the 50s I shouldnt be spending much at all at the end.

I just got in and trying to catch up on the thread...
but I had to jump in on this as I've definitely been there and done that.

Started with M50's then moved up to M60's then M70's and finally found happiness in RtiA's.
You definitely will hear a difference between the 50's and 60's, but it's really not much of an upgrade.

If you go that path you will most likely end up like me... with a basement full of Monitors looking for a buyer.
post #19950 of 34727
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post

New toy is in the house biggrin.gif




Now back to work!!! More pictures tomorrow wink.gif

You suck dog breath biggrin.gif Ok Ok I'm just jealous.......in one month, I'll be the dog breath biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

send me the unit to my house and I'll check it for you for free. I'll send the unit back after I test it and with a full report. Don't worry it wouldn't take that long.......just like a couple of years.........perhaps.........tongue.gif

Yeah, while your doing your testing, send my that new sealed sub of yours and I'll test that for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Considering mine are 1, 3 and almost 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKats View Post

Good ages mine are 18mo, 4 1/2, and 7. Luckily they also do a (pretty) good job of not touching stuff.

I've got you both beat, mine are 33, 26 and 5. My five year old princess is the best, she actually hugged my A9's as I unboxed them. She has her own video library, she knows the proper way to clean discs and to check them so she's not loading dirty discs into the player, in fact, she just recently taught my wife how to both power up and power down my whole system cool.gif

Being able to coach her one on one was a benefit, plus she has a great interest and eager to learn. In fact, you can see her pride and glee in one of my pictures (below my sig), back when I had my M70's. I think she's as excited as me to be getting a second XPA-2 wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

I've looked at parents and said, "You gonna smack 'em or do I have to"? Then that friggin stupid line I hate so much, "We don't hit our children". "Well you need to, obviously. They're acting like heathens",

That cracked me up biggrin.gif I grew up in Texas where neighbors were given permission to smack others kids when they got out of line eek.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread