or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 706

post #21151 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

The Hobbit on blu-ray... I think so...
Not as good as Lotr but I did enjoy the hell out if it and can't wait for the next two in the series.
post #21152 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

Not as good as Lotr but I did enjoy the hell out if it and can't wait for the next two in the series.

Agreed.. but I dig the Hobbit.. and really want to see(hear, feel) the mountain giant scene with the new sub
post #21153 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

Not as good as Lotr but I did enjoy the hell out if it and can't wait for the next two in the series.
Look foward to your impression. With my lowly dual 505's the scene and the whole movie lacks bass. I remember reading in the blu-ray section that there may be issues with the lfe channel on the disc....nobody could say if it is intentional or not....so do tell how it works for you.

Agreed.. but I dig the Hobbit.. and really want to see(hear, feel) the mountain giant scene with the new sub
post #21154 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

X2. Shaun of the dead is one of my all time favorite ficks and I really hope worlds end comes close in greatness.

Right there with you Jason, my son and I love Shaun of the dead. Also, looking forward to World's End!
post #21155 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

The Hobbit on blu-ray... I think so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

Not as good as Lotr but I did enjoy the hell out if it and can't wait for the next two in the series.

Haven't seen the Hobbit yet, have all of Lotr on blu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Agreed.. but I dig the Hobbit.. and really want to see(hear, feel) the mountain giant scene with the new sub

LOL, you my friend, will go through your entire library for grins and giggles.

Every upgrade you make will bring new audio from your movies, as I'm sure you're already experiencing with your 9's and CC, you're hearing stuff you haven't heard before in a particular movie.....am I right??

I'm going to go ahead and upgrade all my speakers to the LSiM's including 3 sets of 707's JUST so I can experience new depth biggrin.gif (c'mon honey, I'm dream'n, and quit calling me gay)
post #21156 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

The Hobbit on blu-ray... I think so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

Not as good as Lotr but I did enjoy the hell out if it and can't wait for the next two in the series.

Haven't seen the Hobbit yet, have all of Lotr on blu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Agreed.. but I dig the Hobbit.. and really want to see(hear, feel) the mountain giant scene with the new sub

LOL, you my friend, will go through your entire library for grins and giggles.

Every upgrade you make will bring new audio from your movies, as I'm sure you're already experiencing with your 9's and CC, you're hearing stuff you haven't heard before in a particular movie.....am I right??

I'm going to go ahead and upgrade all my speakers to the LSiM's including 3 sets of 707's JUST so I can experience new depth biggrin.gif (c'mon honey, I'm dream'n, and quit calling me gay)

Lol Geoff that's the first time you have made me spit water on my screen!

But I totally agree with going through ones entire library after upgrading. I like to use a few favorite movies and music discs. One problem though is that my library expands much more rapidly then upgrades occur. So each time it takes longer to hear all the differences.
post #21157 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

Lol Geoff that's the first time you have made me spit water on my screen!.

biggrin.gif Yay, some minor payback, I still owe you big for the other morning, I think I knocked my monitor clean off the desk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

But I totally agree with going through ones entire library after upgrading. I like to use a few favorite movies and music discs. One problem though is that my library expands much more rapidly then upgrades occur. So each time it takes longer to hear all the differences.

I'm with you man! In three years I've built three different movie/CD racks and things are starting to turn into Space A again.
post #21158 of 34945
Ok wow, they've also deleted the threads on the PolkAudio forums about the sale...Wow...what the crap?? confused.gif
post #21159 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector 24 View Post

Ok wow, they've also deleted the threads on the PolkAudio forums about the sale...Wow...what the crap?? confused.gif

Yuppers, the sale is coming to an end, and so is my patience. I asked Enrico to let me come over and at least watch him hook every thing up, no reply no nothing mad.gif Fine then!!
post #21160 of 34945
I say we all go to enricos place and confiscate some gear! smile.gif
post #21161 of 34945

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

I say we all go to enricos place and confiscate some gear! smile.gif

 

I would rather steal it while he's not there.

post #21162 of 34945

By the way Enrico.  What's the delivery date for your new stuff?

post #21163 of 34945
Seems Pretty crappy the way they just pulled the plug with no explanation.

Here's all we got so far:

Update:

I just got a PM from Ken Swauger informing me that it was a conscious decision to shut the sale down and remove references to it from CP.
post #21164 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

By the way Enrico.  What's the delivery date for your new stuff?
Yes, enquiring thieves wanna know! smile.gif
post #21165 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post


Haven't seen the Hobbit yet, have all of Lotr on blu.
LOL, you my friend, will go through your entire library for grins and giggles.

Every upgrade you make will bring new audio from your movies, as I'm sure you're already experiencing with your 9's and CC, you're hearing stuff you haven't heard before in a particular movie.....am I right??

I'm going to go ahead and upgrade all my speakers to the LSiM's including 3 sets of 707's JUST so I can experience new depth biggrin.gif (c'mon honey, I'm dream'n, and quit calling me gay)

You mean like footsteps and crackling of fires, crickets and rivers in backgrounds? and anything lower than 30hz .. lol
post #21166 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector 24 View Post

Seems Pretty crappy the way they just pulled the plug with no explanation.

Here's all we got so far:

Update:

I just got a PM from Ken Swauger informing me that it was a conscious decision to shut the sale down and remove references to it from CP.

Sorta odd if you ask me, but wasn't the sale due to end today anyhow? Maybe that run low on stock and were concerned about any more orders that they wouldn't be able to fulfill...
post #21167 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

I say we all go to enricos place and confiscate some gear! smile.gif

I want to go too! biggrin.gif

Side note:
Watched Thor yesterday and my little SVS PB10NSD and PSW505 do quite alright. I can only imagine how amazing the setups some of you have would sound/feel compared to mine eek.gif
I don't think the neighbors were to keen about me watching the movie at reference levels.
Edited by oleon621 - 8/18/13 at 5:04pm
post #21168 of 34945
I have not received a shipping confirmation yet. I need to call tomorrow morning to talk to Hedy about one order that needs to be fixed. I had a problem with one of my credit cards that wasn't active because I got a replacement and forgot to active it. So the LSiM 706C is the only one that is not charged yet. But I guess that tomorrow is going to be a very busy day for people working at Polk Audio. More than 1000 orders need to be processed and shipped. I checked on the friends and family website 2 hours ago and almost everything was sold out. I can see people receiving their stuff even in two or three weeks.
post #21169 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post

I have not received a shipping confirmation yet..

Okay Enrico, this is very important!!!! When you get your shipping confirmation dates, be sure to post them here without delay!! (Okay guys, when we get his ship dates, we pretend to be Polk Audio, who can do Heidi? Not that way stupid, we then tell him a new date which will occur after the real one. We will be waiting on the real date to happily sign for all of his new gear, then we'll take turns using it and we'll figure out those details later, ok, readyyyyyy break)
post #21170 of 34945
^^ I'm in!
post #21171 of 34945
I second that motion.
post #21172 of 34945
Anybody here run front presence speakers? I was thinking of taking my rti 3's(soon to be replaced by fxi a6's) and use them as front presence to help assist the csi a4 center since the a6 wont fit.
post #21173 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

You mean like footsteps and crackling of fires, crickets and rivers in backgrounds? and anything lower than 30hz .. lol

Now that's what I'm talking about. You've watched the movie a hundred times and all of the sudden you're like DANG, how much more am I missing? And that's when the bottom of the rabbit hole falls out biggrin.gif


For those that have been following along and would like to see the improvement; the before and after of the Rears. After adding power and elevating for better sound delivery, not the position of the woofs, yeah, the LF's are coming right through the seats cool.gifbiggrin.gif

BEFORE



AFTER



BEFORE



AFTER



Wired connection

post #21174 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector 24 View Post

Seems Pretty crappy the way they just pulled the plug with no explanation.

Here's all we got so far:

Update:

I just got a PM from Ken Swauger informing me that it was a conscious decision to shut the sale down and remove references to it from CP.

Honestly, I dont think its crappy at all. I doubt they intended for the sale to get as publicized as it did and more than likely they are going to take a massive hit since they are probably losing some considerable money on all the orders that got placed.

I am not surprised it didnt get shut down sooner due to the press on just about every site I frequent.

With that said to you folks that got in on the deal Congrats., you chaps seriously got a steal and one that should make you a Polk fan for life. I also hope that as a result of the leaking of this sale, they dont stop doing things like this in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

Sorta odd if you ask me, but wasn't the sale due to end today anyhow? Maybe that run low on stock and were concerned about any more orders that they wouldn't be able to fulfill...

Doubt it was low on stock, more than likely they saw how publicized the sale was and the threads and questions it spawned about their solvency as a company and decided it was turning into a monster they couldnt control so they cut their losses.


Also before folks start freaking out about their orders, lets remember Polk is a GREAT COMPANY and I am willing to bet bet they will stand behind all orders that were placed like the good company they are. And in some instances work to resolve any issues with placed orders as well (enrico)

Give em some time to figure things out on their end.
post #21175 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Honestly, I dont think its crappy at all. I doubt they intended for the sale to get as publicized as it did and more than likely they are going to take a massive hit since they are probably losing some considerable money on all the orders that got placed.

I am not surprised it didnt get shut down sooner due to the press on just about every site I frequent.

With that said to you folks that got in on the deal Congrats., you chaps seriously got a steal and one that should make you a Polk fan for life. I also hope that as a result of the leaking of this sale, they dont stop doing things like this in the future.
Doubt it was low on stock, more than likely they saw how publicized the sale was and the threads and questions it spawned about their solvency as a company and decided it was turning into a monster they couldnt control so they cut their losses.


Also before folks start freaking out about their orders, lets remember Polk is a GREAT COMPANY and I am willing to bet bet they will stand behind all orders that were placed like the good company they are. And in some instances work to resolve any issues with placed orders as well (enrico)

Give em some time to figure things out on their end.

Mostly agree with this although in the day of slickdeals if you want a sale to be small it has to have unique codes or say something like good for only so many sales. If you are going to give a time that should be stuck to.
post #21176 of 34945
Yep... pretty disappointed in the LFE content in the Hobbit.. seems like some low stuff is there.. and so is the mid bass .. but that ultra low seat rumbling just isn't there at all... I figured the mountain giant scene would produce some great LFE.. Oh well... time for wooshi finger in kung-fu panda
post #21177 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Yep... pretty disappointed in the LFE content in the Hobbit.. seems like some low stuff is there.. and so is the mid bass .. but that ultra low seat rumbling just isn't there at all... I figured the mountain giant scene would produce some great LFE.. Oh well... time for wooshi finger in kung-fu panda
Yup, mimics my experience with the film, and my subs are not as capable. It be interesting to see if the sequels home mixes are the same way.
post #21178 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKats View Post

Mostly agree with this although in the day of slickdeals if you want a sale to be small it has to have unique codes or say something like good for only so many sales. If you are going to give a time that should be stuck to.

Polk publicly posted this sale on their site. They didn't limit quantity or anything.

Since there is so much bashing of Emotiva over there both as a product and as company conduct I pointed out that Emotiva has never pulled the rug out from under people like just happened. Endersshadow about blew a blood vessel at me and already launched a verbal assault.

Sauce that is good on goose is equally good on Gander.
post #21179 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

Yup, mimics my experience with the film, and my subs are not as capable. It be interesting to see if the sequels home mixes are the same way.

Yeah i hope they are better ..I borrowed The hobbit from a friend and I sold all the single copies of LoTR i had .. in hopes to eventually buy a limited collectors bla bla bla of the 3 hobbit movies and LoTR i'm sure they will come out with .. and hopefully if and when they do.. they redo the audio.. we can dream cant we
post #21180 of 34945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero Monk View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKats View Post

Mostly agree with this although in the day of slickdeals if you want a sale to be small it has to have unique codes or say something like good for only so many sales. If you are going to give a time that should be stuck to.

Polk publicly posted this sale on their site. They didn't limit quantity or anything.

Since there is so much bashing of Emotiva over there both as a product and as company conduct I pointed out that Emotiva has never pulled the rug out from under people like just happened. Endersshadow about blew a blood vessel at me and already launched a verbal assault.

Sauce that is good on goose is equally good on Gander.
Those forums suck. Stick around here....so much better then over there....no drama round this thread usually. Even ender is civil....most of the time smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread