or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 744

post #22291 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

I'm always concerned about dust. Especially with my computer. Every few months, I take out the shopvac and reverse the hose. I blow everything out and dust the cabinets... viola! Good as new. It's a dusty mess here where I live too.

Oh yeah, when it comes to my PC, I'm doing the same thing you do with my shop vac.
post #22292 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

I'm always concerned about dust. Especially with my computer. Every few months, I take out the shopvac and reverse the hose. I blow everything out and dust the cabinets... viola! Good as new. It's a dusty mess here where I live too.

about once every 2 weeks i open up my case and use a can of duster to get every nook and cranny .. also sunday mornings are when i have my wipe down ritual .. all my speakers, tv and gear gets a good wipe down with a micro fiber clothe and an electronic cleaner ...
post #22293 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

about once every 2 weeks i open up my case and use a can of duster to get every nook and cranny .. also sunday mornings are when i have my wipe down ritual .. all my speakers, tv and gear gets a good wipe down with a micro fiber clothe and an electronic cleaner ...

Yeah, I've got some compressed air I use as well.

Hey, anyone remember the electro static gun you'd shoot at your LP's to supposedly neutralize the static electricity on those bad boys?
post #22294 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Yeah, I've got some compressed air I use as well.

Hey, anyone remember the electro static gun you'd shoot at your LP's to supposedly neutralize the static electricity on those bad boys?
Yes. That sure brings back some memories.
post #22295 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Yeah, I've got some compressed air I use as well.

Hey, anyone remember the electro static gun you'd shoot at your LP's to supposedly neutralize the static electricity on those bad boys?

I used a pair of synthetic socks on the carpet and my sister's ear! eek.gif
post #22296 of 35287
It's all here but a few wiring accessories. Soon I'll be listening to 9.2 surround sound bliss.smile.gif
post #22297 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine24-7 View Post

It's all here but a few wiring accessories. Soon I'll be listening to 9.2 surround sound bliss.smile.gif





Congrats. Looks like you'll be busy for awhile.
post #22298 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine24-7 View Post

It's all here but a few wiring accessories. Soon I'll be listening to 9.2 surround sound bliss.smile.gif





Congrats. Looks like you'll be busy for awhile.

You are correct! I hope to get most done tomorrow. I already have the Onkyo, one amp, 2 Xbox 360, bluray and 2 Dish receivers already wired. And have my Darbee and projector wired. I still need to put second amp in av rack and wire all speakers.
post #22299 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine24-7 View Post

It's all here but a few wiring accessories. Soon I'll be listening to 9.2 surround sound bliss.smile.gif

"Are you done now???" tongue.gif
post #22300 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG INJUN CHIEF View Post

"Are you done now???" tongue.gif

He'll never be done. biggrin.gif
post #22301 of 35287
What daytons are those?
post #22302 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine24-7 View Post

It's all here but a few wiring accessories. Soon I'll be listening to 9.2 surround sound bliss.smile.gif

Woo buddy that looks like a corner full o fun .. can't wait to see the after pics .. Which dish receivers do you have?
post #22303 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

I used a pair of synthetic socks on the carpet and my sister's ear! eek.gif

Your sister's EAR??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG INJUN CHIEF View Post

"Are you done now???" tongue.gif

C'mon Chief, don't be mean, you know us guys will NEVER be done biggrin.gif

As my wife would say when I USED to say "now I'm done", she'd say "yeah right, for the next five minutes" biggrin.gif
post #22304 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Woo buddy that looks like a corner full o fun .. can't wait to see the after pics .. Which dish receivers do you have?


Pics?

I want a youtube video of this system..............heck, I want a test drive............tongue.gif


Congrats migraine!!!
post #22305 of 35287
is any body ever repaired the Polk PSW 125, active sub. i am looking for its service manual / schematic.
post #22306 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant Speaker View Post

is any body ever repaired the Polk PSW 125, active sub. i am looking for its service manual / schematic.

Hey Hermant. Not too many folks here rock the subs, but, I'd suggest contacting Polk's customer service and I bet you'll be able to pretty much get what you need.

Here's the link to the Polk site, you can surf it from there.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?15-Speakers
post #22307 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant Speaker View Post

is any body ever repaired the Polk PSW 125, active sub. i am looking for its service manual / schematic.

Being a Class D sub, you are not going to have an easy time in repairing components in the amp, unless the failed components are in the AC input circuit. The fuse, some resistors,and some caps are the most likely culprits in these circumstances. I am an electronics technician and the actual amplifier itself isn't something I would attempt repair on. You're better off buying another sub for around $200 (which is what the PSW125s go for now).

The only thing I would check is the fuse. I would call Polk and ask for a price on the amp for your sub.
post #22308 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant Speaker View Post

is any body ever repaired the Polk PSW 125, active sub. i am looking for its service manual / schematic.

 

I agree with Climber ... once you buy parts (even if you do the work yourself) often better to just replace (especially on cheaper gear like this). You might even want to upgrade a class up.

 

That said ... check the speaker (driver) itself for shorts or open. You can even connect to other amp to test (as long as driver not shorted). I dropped a new after-market (rubber surround) 12" sub driver in my old Infinity sub ... got it going again for $50. Still working in a secondary room.

post #22309 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post


Not too many folks here rock the subs,

Really? I'm interested into why not.

 

I thought a separate speaker (box or unit) for each discrete channel was better. In the case of the sub-woofer ... off-loads low frequency sounds to itself so other speakers in room can focus on less extreme low, mid-range, etc.

post #22310 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post

Really? I'm interested into why not.

I thought a separate speaker (box or unit) for each discrete channel was better. In the case of the sub-woofer ... off-loads low frequency sounds to itself so other speakers in room can focus on less extreme low, mid-range, etc.

Sorry, more specifically, not too many here rock the "Polk" subs smile.gif

I myself am a very firm believer in sub action, just check my twin Epik Empires and my 12 7" woofers from my A9 collection biggrin.gif
post #22311 of 35287
^Show-off
post #22312 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

^Show-off

LOL!
post #22313 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Sorry, more specifically, not too many here rock the "Polk" subs smile.gif

I myself am a very firm believer in sub action, just check my twin Epik Empires and my 12 7" woofers from my A9 collection biggrin.gif



And here I am without a single sub. I hate you! mad.gif

biggrin.gif
post #22314 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

And here I am without a single sub. I hate you! mad.gif

biggrin.gif

Most of us with a choice rock subs... LOL rolleyes.gif Sorry Stanley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Sorry, more specifically, not too many here rock the "Polk" subs smile.gif

I myself am a very firm believer in sub action, just check my twin Epik Empires and my 12 7" woofers from my A9 collection biggrin.gif

Rock on brother. I was listening to "The Wall" last night at REFERENCE LEVEL and switched over to pure audio mode on my RTiA9s and just had to smile. Those babies rock the bass with a good amp.

You are a showoff man. tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
post #22315 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

^Show-off

Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I hate you! mad.gif

biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post


You are a showoff man. tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Why thank you, it's nice to be noticed biggrin.gif
post #22316 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

Most of us with a choice rock subs... LOL rolleyes.gif Sorry Stanley.
biggrin.gif


No need, I gots me some speakers that go down to 18 Hz. Woot! biggrin.gif
Edited by XStanleyX - 10/3/13 at 10:30pm
post #22317 of 35287
Ok guys, I have something that could only happen when god decides to have his humorous side show.

I got my setup about 90% done, and when i was unscrewing the back of the rtia7 binding post to remove that center piece (where the banana plug goes) the god dam cap fell right into the port, yup, that happened.
How the hell do I get that sucker out of the speaker???
Would I unscrew the driver or the back or the port somehow and tilt it till it falls out?? is that possible??
Has this ever happened to anyone else on here? lol

im still tempted to turn it on to see how it sounds, ughhhhh maybe i'll disconnect the tower and just run off a center channel for now..

thinking to myself :: man this some ********::
post #22318 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassConfusion View Post

Would I unscrew the driver or the back or the port somehow and tilt it till it falls out?? is that possible??
Has this ever happened to anyone else on here? lol
Quote:

The back of the power port? Okay, for future reference, a tiny flat tip screwdriver like the kind you use to work with banana plugs, or a pocket knife is all you need to pry the little dust cap off the banana plug intake. No need to unscrew anything for that.

Now, you can remove the front port at the bottom there and reach in and get your little dust cap plug that way, that seems easiest.
post #22319 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassConfusion View Post

Would I unscrew the driver or the back or the port somehow and tilt it till it falls out?? is that possible??
Has this ever happened to anyone else on here? lol
Quote:

The back of the power port? Okay, for future reference, a tiny flat tip screwdriver like the kind you use to work with banana plugs, or a pocket knife is all you need to pry the little dust cap off the banana plug intake. No need to unscrew anything for that.

Now, you can remove the front port at the bottom there and reach in and get your little dust cap plug that way, that seems easiest.

yea, i unscrewed the cap to just pop it out from the inside,,,, now i know better.

well, i guess i have to go to home depot tomorrow to see if i can find whatever tool i need to get the port off.. god i'd rather have a flat tire then this.... let me not jinx myself..

seems like im not the only one this has happened to tho.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?151967-Post-cap-is-inside-the-speaker-cabinet.-Can-t-get-it-out.&p=1969188#post1969188
post #22320 of 35287
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassConfusion View Post



seems like im not the only one this has happened to tho.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?151967-Post-cap-is-inside-the-speaker-cabinet.-Can-t-get-it-out.&p=1969188#post1969188

Yeah, with it sitting down in the bottom, nothing's going to affect the performance. But having the right allen wrench is going to get the job done. Take your time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread