or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 762

post #22831 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

The power of the GE Iron!!!!
Yeah she did that,but it was a long time ago..........right after I said "I do"...........tongue.gif
Not exactly, but I like that idea.......wink.gif
LOL!



Ok guys, what do you think?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)























Before

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







After


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






biggrin.gif

jesus,, it's beautifull
post #22832 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post


What receiver are you using to drive these bad boys? How big is your room? When is the second XV15 arriving? wink.gif

I'm using a Denon X4000 right now, and will hopefully move that to processing duties once I get an Amp. Which I hope is sometime next year, when the budget and wife allow. smile.gif
My room size is around 12.5' x 32' with 7.5' ceilings. The room does open up to the stairs, which would be to the front left of the room (facing the TV).
I also would like to get a second XV15. That sub is great!
post #22833 of 34922
Yup, I am trying to talk my wife into letting me do treatments.... but I will wait till we have a house so I can do bass traps in the corners. I am thinking I will try to either have prints put on canvas of the family or a landscape so its a "picture" not a "room treatment", or just use a offwhite burlap that will just look good.

I had a some of the GIK ones and they were nice, but the black was just too overbearing.

Going to go with ATC stuff since they are close enough I can buy the non bass traps and pickup to save shipping costs....

Hoping to pick up maybe 10 when the time comes...

Wont know till we figure out if we get a basement or not...
post #22834 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG INJUN CHIEF View Post

Gain staging is simply managing the relative signal levels in a system. One amp one AVR, should be an easy task. I typically run the signal to my amps a little on the hot side. MCACC would be a great starting point. May try setting the amp attenuators ~75% pre-MCACC and see how things go. You also have the option of turning the L+R (and Center if you add an amp in the future) AVR internal amps off.

Small pops are typically nothing to cause worry. Try turning the AVR volume all the way down each time you power off. This may eliminate the pop.

Thanks. I will go under my SC-1523-K settings and change the volume at start up to be low. I have a separate 1 channel amp for my 25c speaker. The Outlaw M2200, which doesn't have any gain knobs. However, the QSC GX3 has a left and right gain knobs. I've been doing some research on this, but I cannot find anything that recommends to have the gain at 100% or not. I'll try out the 75% and run MCACC. Thanks.
post #22835 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleJester View Post

What would you guys go with? The pb-1000 or sb-1000? Which one would provide more clarity and which one would have more impact to it?

If you don't mind a second hand unit, look a this one (assuming you live close by):


http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/33643/svs-sb12-plus-subwoofer-sale
post #22836 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Very clean and nice setup.. I Bet your ears are happy .. how you liking the XV15?
Wow man those look fantastic... And i love how everything is color coordinated.. did your wife help pick out the fabric? wink.giftongue.gif

Here is the shocker...........I did pick the thick area rug and I did also select the fabric...........eek.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassConfusion View Post

jesus,, it's beautifull

Thanks man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zektor View Post

I'm using a Denon X4000 right now, and will hopefully move that to processing duties once I get an Amp. Which I hope is sometime next year, when the budget and wife allow. smile.gif
My room size is around 12.5' x 32' with 7.5' ceilings. The room does open up to the stairs, which would be to the front left of the room (facing the TV).
I also would like to get a second XV15. That sub is great!

That is a very solid AVR you have right there. Cool thing is that it sports Audyssey XT32, so you are all set to add a second subwoofer and Audyssey will take care of the calibration for you. I do also have an open up to stairs, so I bet you will have better bass response if you are able to add a second PSA in the near future too.

These PSA subs are a big bang for the buck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Yup, I am trying to talk my wife into letting me do treatments.... but I will wait till we have a house so I can do bass traps in the corners. I am thinking I will try to either have prints put on canvas of the family or a landscape so its a "picture" not a "room treatment", or just use a offwhite burlap that will just look good.

I had a some of the GIK ones and they were nice, but the black was just too overbearing.

Going to go with ATC stuff since they are close enough I can buy the non bass traps and pickup to save shipping costs....

Hoping to pick up maybe 10 when the time comes...

Wont know till we figure out if we get a basement or not...


Check this thread out:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1316623/diy-custom-printed-movie-poster-acoustic-panels-cheap
post #22837 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Here is the shocker...........I did pick the thick area rug and I did also select the fabric...........eek.gif
Thanks man!
That is a very solid AVR you have right there. Cool thing is that it sports Audyssey XT32, so you are all set to add a second subwoofer and Audyssey will take care of the calibration for you. I do also have an open up to stairs, so I bet you will have better bass response if you are able to add a second PSA in the near future too.

These PSA subs are a big bang for the buck!
Check this thread out:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1316623/diy-custom-printed-movie-poster-acoustic-panels-cheap

Yup, saw that thread already smile.gif.
post #22838 of 34922
Hey guys. I'm now having a slightly odd issue that I hope you can help me with.

I moved my sub to back corner of my room and moved my rears(FXA6' s) from 30' stands to 36' stands. Nothing major or drastic.
But I ran audyssey the other day. I didn't pay much attention at first. But after sitting down and watching a full movie I noticed that my center channel is really quite compared to all the other speakers.

I raised the db to it up a bit in the AVR menu. Up to 0.0 while left and right are at -1.5. But it still seems to be "drowned out" by even the surrounds. Dialogue is kinda hard to hear at low to moderate levels. When before I ran audyssey, even after moving everything I could hear everything Crystal clear at low volumes.

I checked all my speaker connections and wires and they are fine.

I did notice that the centre seemed to level out with everything when I turned on the dynamic volume. But didn't need to do that before.

My next step is to run audyssey again. But won't have time or silence for a few days so I thought is get some input from the guys I trust.

Thanks everyone.
post #22839 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Hey guys. I'm now having a slightly odd issue that I hope you can help me with.

I moved my sub to back corner of my room and moved my rears(FXA6' s) from 30' stands to 36' stands. Nothing major or drastic.
But I ran audyssey the other day. I didn't pay much attention at first. But after sitting down and watching a full movie I noticed that my center channel is really quite compared to all the other speakers.

I raised the db to it up a bit in the AVR menu. Up to 0.0 while left and right are at -1.5. But it still seems to be "drowned out" by even the surrounds. Dialogue is kinda hard to hear at low to moderate levels. When before I ran audyssey, even after moving everything I could hear everything Crystal clear at low volumes.

I checked all my speaker connections and wires and they are fine.

I did notice that the centre seemed to level out with everything when I turned on the dynamic volume. But didn't need to do that before.

My next step is to run audyssey again. But won't have time or silence for a few days so I thought is get some input from the guys I trust.

Thanks everyone.

sounds like a bum audyssey cal...happend to me a couple of times. run it again...hopefully it will end up better.
post #22840 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

If you don't mind a second hand unit, look a this one (assuming you live close by):


http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/33643/svs-sb12-plus-subwoofer-sale
Wish it was black
post #22841 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassConfusion View Post

I notice during certain listening modes my speakers display some white noise,, most noticeable is during Theater Dimension. Can anyone chime in on this??
I had re-ran audyssey the other day and first noticed it yesterday, not sure if it did that before i reran it.
onkyo818, rtia7, csia6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

I noticed the same thing on my onkyo929 with a couple of the THX modes.. but not on others .. i just refrain from using them .. but if you are running 3.1 then i can see why you used Theater Dimensional.. have you check all your speaker connections to ensure they are secure and not crossing over or anything like that?

actually just running a 3.0 for now , i just started getting into this about a month or two ago. and yea wires all seem good. i remember running the theater dimension modes when i first set it all up and don't recall hearing the noise. maybe i just didn't notice it
post #22842 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post

Hey guys. I'm now having a slightly odd issue that I hope you can help me with..

Mine does that too. Audyssey will put my center at 40Hz and I'll bump it up to 60, seems to bring the dialogue out a bit better. Plus, depending on the movie, I'll bring the dbs up as well. Some movie tracks suck with dialogue, others are really spot on with dialogue.

Experiment with speaker angle as well with the CSiA6.
post #22843 of 34922
for you polkies into multi channel music check out:

available here

its got some interesting takes on some classic tunes and is really very well put together. i enjoy it very much.
post #22844 of 34922

they are on back order, so you will have to wait a while if you want to order a pair.

30.gif

post #22845 of 34922
Some idiot who thought the pre-out on his receiver was dead noticed the balanced / unbalanced switch got flipped to balanced on his amp. I'm not gonna say who he is but I saw him in the mirror this morning. At least he didn't take it in for repair. What a dummy!
post #22846 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Some idiot who thought the pre-out on his receiver was dead noticed the balanced / unbalanced switch got flipped to balanced on his amp. I'm not gonna say who he is but I saw him in the mirror this morning. At least he didn't take it in for repair. What a dummy!

Ha, ha...........that same dude was visiting me several months ago when I received my first amp....................tongue.gif
post #22847 of 34922
Hey guys! Just giving you a heads up! If anyone is interested in some Polk LSi M703's, I got a pair for sale over in the "classified" thread! I hope someone else can enjoy them as much as I could NOT! I live in a 1 bedroom apt and my floors are concrete, they're being powered by an Onkyo 708; so as you can probably imagine, it gets pretty dang loud in my apartment. Thanks guys!
post #22848 of 34922

Today my little projects were:

 

1. Replacing a bad capacitor in my left rti8 crossover.

 

2. Taking the guts out of my M105plus KOSS Speakers (speakers rotted out and then the tweeters were helpfully destroyed by my children).

 

3. Using the M105plus amplifier to power my CSIA6 like a BOSS ;)

post #22849 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Some idiot who thought the pre-out on his receiver was dead noticed the balanced / unbalanced switch got flipped to balanced on his amp. I'm not gonna say who he is but I saw him in the mirror this morning. At least he didn't take it in for repair. What a dummy!

i hate that guy! he is never welcome in the house.tongue.gif
post #22850 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeme View Post

Today my little projects were:

1. Replacing a bad capacitor in my left rti8 crossover.

2. Taking the guts out of my M105plus KOSS Speakers (speakers rotted out and then the tweeters were helpfully destroyed by my children).

3. Using the M105plus amplifier to power my CSIA6 like a BOSS
wink.gif
sweet!
post #22851 of 34922
Hey fellas need your opinions. I have Crown amps to run my subs and fronts and everything else off my Onkyo 818. I have a chance to buy two more Crown amps. Want to know what you guys think. Reminder I'm running a 9.2 system.
75T fronts
75T wides
25C center
35B heights
35B surrounds
Dayton 15" ULTIMAX subs

Currently I have the 1500 running subs and 1000 running fronts. I can buy the 2500 and 2000. Or I could buy just one amp. You may now commence spending my $$$.biggrin.gif

I was thinking the following:
2500 for subs
2000 for fronts
1500 for wides
1000 not sure

SPECIFICATIONS
DUAL BRIDGED
Model2-ohm4-ohm8-ohm4-ohm8-ohm
1000550W350W215W1,100W700W
1500775W525W300W1,550W1,050W
20001,050W650W375W2,100W1,300W
25001,200W775W440W2,400W1,550W
post #22852 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

sweet!
It works extremely well and now I'll have some more overhead for the other 6 speakers running off my poor sony amp.

post #22853 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine24-7 View Post

Hey fellas need your opinions. I have Crown amps to run my subs and fronts and everything else off my Onkyo 818. I have a chance to buy two more Crown amps. Want to know what you guys think. Reminder I'm running a 9.2 system.
75T fronts
75T wides
25C center
35B heights
35B surrounds
Dayton 15" ULTIMAX subs

Currently I have the 1500 running subs and 1000 running fronts. I can buy the 2500 and 2000. Or I could buy just one amp. You may now commence spending my $$$.biggrin.gif

I was thinking the following:
2500 for subs
2000 for fronts
1500 for wides
1000 not sure

SPECIFICATIONS
DUAL BRIDGED
Model2-ohm4-ohm8-ohm4-ohm8-ohm
1000550W350W215W1,100W700W
1500775W525W300W1,550W1,050W
20001,050W650W375W2,100W1,300W
25001,200W775W440W2,400W1,550W




I think your receiver is enough for the rest of your speakers. You've taken the biggest load off your receiver already. But if money is burning a hole in your pocket I completely understand. tongue.gif
post #22854 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine24-7 View Post

Hey fellas need your opinions. I have Crown amps to run my subs and fronts and everything else off my Onkyo 818. I have a chance to buy two more Crown amps. Want to know what you guys think. Reminder I'm running a 9.2 system.
75T fronts
75T wides
25C center
35B heights
35B surrounds
Dayton 15" ULTIMAX subs

Currently I have the 1500 running subs and 1000 running fronts. I can buy the 2500 and 2000. Or I could buy just one amp. You may now commence spending my $$$.biggrin.gif

I was thinking the following:
2500 for subs
2000 for fronts
1500 for wides
1000 not sure

SPECIFICATIONS
DUAL BRIDGED
Model2-ohm4-ohm8-ohm4-ohm8-ohm
1000550W350W215W1,100W700W
1500775W525W300W1,550W1,050W
20001,050W650W375W2,100W1,300W
25001,200W775W440W2,400W1,550W




I think your receiver is enough for the rest of your speakers. You've taken the biggest load off your receiver already. But if money is burning a hole in your pocket I completely understand. tongue.gif
I think Stanley has a very valid point. However if it were me I would probably get another amp...you see amps are like sex, you can never have too much. smile.gif
post #22855 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

I think Stanley has a very valid point. However if it were me I would probably get another amp...you see amps are like sex, you can never have too much. smile.gif




An even better point. biggrin.gif
post #22856 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine24-7 View Post

Hey fellas need your opinions. I have Crown amps to run my subs and fronts and everything else off my Onkyo 818. I have a chance to buy two more Crown amps. Want to know what you guys think. Reminder I'm running a 9.2 system.
75T fronts
75T wides
25C center
35B heights
35B surrounds
Dayton 15" ULTIMAX subs

Currently I have the 1500 running subs and 1000 running fronts. I can buy the 2500 and 2000. Or I could buy just one amp. You may now commence spending my $$$.biggrin.gif

I was thinking the following:
2500 for subs
2000 for fronts
1500 for wides
1000 not sure

SPECIFICATIONS
DUAL BRIDGED
Model2-ohm4-ohm8-ohm4-ohm8-ohm
1000550W350W215W1,100W700W
1500775W525W300W1,550W1,050W
20001,050W650W375W2,100W1,300W
25001,200W775W440W2,400W1,550W




I think your receiver is enough for the rest of your speakers. You've taken the biggest load off your receiver already. But if money is burning a hole in your pocket I completely understand. tongue.gif
I think Stanley has a very valid point. However if it were me I would probably get another amp...you see amps are like sex, you can never have too much. smile.gif

I'm thinking of going with just the 2500 . Use it for subs. Use 1500 for fronts and 1000 for center.
post #22857 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine24-7 View Post

Hey fellas need your opinions. I have Crown amps to run my subs and fronts and everything else off my Onkyo 818. I have a chance to buy two more Crown amps. Want to know what you guys think. Reminder I'm running a 9.2 system.
75T fronts
75T wides
25C center
35B heights
35B surrounds
Dayton 15" ULTIMAX subs

Currently I have the 1500 running subs and 1000 running fronts. I can buy the 2500 and 2000. Or I could buy just one amp. You may now commence spending my $$$.biggrin.gif

I was thinking the following:
2500 for subs
2000 for fronts
1500 for wides
1000 not sure

SPECIFICATIONS
DUAL BRIDGED
Model2-ohm4-ohm8-ohm4-ohm8-ohm
1000550W350W215W1,100W700W
1500775W525W300W1,550W1,050W
20001,050W650W375W2,100W1,300W
25001,200W775W440W2,400W1,550W
I would put the 1500 on front/center duty or use a 2000 they have lower signal to noise.
post #22858 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaryChanin View Post

Been researching here and there and looking to maybe go with the following:

Front Polk Audio In Wall LC265i  Wv7ZuRear Polk Audio In Wall RC55i
Center Infinity In Wall ERS HV250 Sub Polk Audio In Wall CSW200

A/V: Pioneer VSX-74TXVi receiver.

Anyone ever use these speakers before? I've been reading allot about them but it's always good to hear from others. Any comments or thought are always welcomed. Thanks!

Its very important to maintain a good timbre match between your front speakers to avoid situations where the pitch of sounds change as it is panned across the front soundstage.

It is important, but less so, to match the fronts to the surrounds because our hearing is less acute from the sides and rear.

To timbre match speakers usually requires sticking to the same manufacturer and model line of speakers. In this case you should stick to the LSi line. (The LC265i in an In-Wall version of the LSi line.) I would recommend using an other LC265i for your center channel and LC65i's for your surrounds.

There's one other complication. Your receiver is only rated for 8 and 6 ohm loads. The LC and LSi line are 4 ohm speakers.

post #22859 of 34922
post #22860 of 34922
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

The attack of the GE Iron!!!



Part One! (Click to show)





Part Two! (Click to show)








wink.gif

Very nice. I'll take a set!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread