or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 823

post #24661 of 34941
WOW MAN!!!! I just watched "Man-O-Steel" for the second time.

My neighbors are gone for a week....Yee HAWWW!!! So I turns off the dynamic volume, which I usually run on Med or High depending on the content.........did I say WOW already??? I had forgotten how powerful these RTiA's are. Crap, I've got everything rattling in my place!!!

Yes indeed, I knew these babies were bassy, I had just lost touch with the impact they can make. So, if anybody needs me, I'll be enjoying my "NEW" set up for a few days biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, @ Jason..........got my "garden hose" materials on the way: Furez 10/2awg, enough to redo the rear surrounds. The center channel gets an upgrade on the cable; Vampire Wire, 50/50 blend of copper and silver plated copper 13/4awg to be used in a single application making it 9awg.

Black TechFlex, heat shrink and Emotiva banana plugs will complete the set up. Photos will be presented smile.gif
post #24662 of 34941
The lsim series use vifa or Polk own design of radiating ring tweeters?
post #24663 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLee View Post

You can probably just use punctuation to create the emoticons... colon + capital D, semi-colon and right parenthesis, etc.... or maybe the "smart" phone won't let you? (I'd call that a "smart A$$" phone!)

Yeah I suppose so but I'm not sire if my phone has all the required punctuation symbols. biggrin.gif

Edit-that worked lol.
post #24664 of 34941
Jesus guys... I give up. 15 pages to read.... Yeah not gonna happen
post #24665 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Jesus guys... I give up. 15 pages to read.... Yeah not gonna happen

This is one busy thread. I made a short post yesterday and now it's 3 pages back. Thanks for the welcome guys. I really like my T15 add-ons. They sound fine with my old Klipsch B3 and B2 speakers. Sure can't beat the price for the quality.
post #24666 of 34941
Welcome back ender...ya missed the party!

Oh yeah they were talkin bout carver stuff too.
post #24667 of 34941
trying to make a final decision before the black Friday deals are over for the monitors, is the rti8 that much of a jump over the monitor 70s . going from small satellites will i notice any sort of difference between the two? also i do not have the space to add a large external amp and a pretty small room with no door if that is a factor
Edited by swarm87 - 12/1/13 at 9:30am
post #24668 of 34941
The rti8 is better then the monitors. If the cost difference is insignificant get the 8's...if not the 70's are far from a bad choice.
post #24669 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post

trying to make a final decision before the black Friday deals are over for the monitors, is the rti8 that much of a jump over the monitor 70s . going from small satellites will i notice any sort of difference between the two? also i do not have the space to add a large external amp and a pretty small room with no door if that is a factor

 

Get the 8's. Jason has the 70's and you definitely don't want to be like him.  :D 


Edited by XStanleyX - 12/1/13 at 9:40am
post #24670 of 34941
Hey guys, would anyone be able to recommend me a subwoofer that would go well with monitor 65t fronts and cs20 center? I live in Canada so prices are often worse here, but I'm really just looking for something that's not too expensive, because I don't really care for really loud bass to be honest. I guess a side question would be, will the front speakers alone have a decent amount of bass without even getting a sub?
Nonetheless, maybe refer here for some of the subs they have on Amazon canada: link
I wouldn't really want to spend over $200 on it.
post #24671 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmholtz View Post

Hey guys, would anyone be able to recommend me a subwoofer that would go well with monitor 65t fronts and cs20 center? I live in Canada so prices are often worse here, but I'm really just looking for something that's not too expensive, because I don't really care for really loud bass to be honest. I guess a side question would be, will the front speakers alone have a decent amount of bass without even getting a sub?
Nonetheless, maybe refer here for some of the subs they have on Amazon canada: link
I wouldn't really want to spend over $200 on it.
Canada prices suck. I say look for the often recommended budget subs, Polk 505, bic f12, klipsc rw12d
post #24672 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post

trying to make a final decision before the black Friday deals are over for the monitors, is the rti8 that much of a jump over the monitor 70s . going from small satellites will i notice any sort of difference between the two? also i do not have the space to add a large external amp and a pretty small room with no door if that is a factor

Get the 8's. Jason has the 70's and you definitely don't want to be like him.  biggrin.gif  
Yo old man Wtf were you trying to say here!?
biggrin.gif
post #24673 of 34941
Would it be safe to say I can hook up an external amplifier to this receiver?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_033AVX1000/Denon-AVR-X1000.html#details-tab
post #24674 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmholtz View Post

Hey guys, would anyone be able to recommend me a subwoofer that would go well with monitor 65t fronts and cs20 center? I live in Canada so prices are often worse here, but I'm really just looking for something that's not too expensive, because I don't really care for really loud bass to be honest. I guess a side question would be, will the front speakers alone have a decent amount of bass without even getting a sub?
Nonetheless, maybe refer here for some of the subs they have on Amazon canada: link
I wouldn't really want to spend over $200 on it.

I had 50's with a cs1. My sub was an Energy S10.3. Worked fantastic together. They are kind of hard to find now and I'm not sure about the availably in Canada but I got mine from Newegg and they have them on Amazon. Not sure if either of those sites have "sister" sites in Canada or not.
post #24675 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post


Yo old man Wtf were you trying to say here!?
biggrin.gif


I was only agreeing with you. What were the chances of that!  Good morning everyone. :) 

post #24676 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumprunlogan View Post

Would it be safe to say I can hook up an external amplifier to this receiver?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_033AVX1000/Denon-AVR-X1000.html#details-tab

Well it doesn't have pre-outs so that makes things harder. It seems that pre-outs are now considered a high-end luxury item that comes on the more expensive models only.
post #24677 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

Yo old man Wtf were you trying to say here!?
biggrin.gif


I was only agreeing with you. What were the chances of that!  Good morning everyone. smile.gif  

Just checkin! :P
post #24678 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Get the 8's. Jason has the 70's and you definitely don't want to be like him.  biggrin.gif  

would 18g wire be enough for the 8's? thats what im running now with less than 12ft runs, and the guy at magnolia said they use 16 as a mininum also are banana plugs nessary
post #24679 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Get the 8's. Jason has the 70's and you definitely don't want to be like him.  biggrin.gif  
Nanners are optional. Use 12 or 14 awg wire if you can, just to be "safe". If you already have the 18awg stuff you will probably be okay...in most circumstances.

would 18g wire be enough for the 8's? thats what im running now with less than 12ft runs, and the guy at magnolia said they use 16 as a mininum also are banana plugs nessary
post #24680 of 34941
just measured and realized i dont have the space for the csi5 would the rti A4 be a good match for the 8's. also is the 25c better than the A4, i have a feeling that the center channel will be the deciding factor until i get enough space for a larger tv stand as the one i currently have is only 15" deep and from the tv to the edge is 8"
Edited by swarm87 - 12/1/13 at 10:56am
post #24681 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Jesus guys... I give up. 15 pages to read.... Yeah not gonna happen

Dude, just check my post on the Carver amp. I'll need your help on how to fix lights on a TFM-35.
post #24682 of 34941
The A4 will match the rti's. The 25c matches the monitors.

There is no way you can make the i5 fit?
post #24683 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post


Dude, just check my post on the Carver amp. I'll need your help on how to fix lights on a TFM-35.

You need a solder gun.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carver-Amplifier-TFM-45-TFM-35-TFM-25-TFM-55-Replacement-Meter-Light-Bulbs-/280955470808

 

Should be an easy fix since I'm not doing it.


Edited by XStanleyX - 12/1/13 at 11:08am
post #24684 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

The A4 will match the rti's. The 25c matches the monitors.

There is no way you can make the i5 fit?

did more measuring and nothing fits(well the 25c is just too big); i don't think the landlord wants me drilling anymore holes to mount the tv on the wall so that's out. guess im stuck with the rm6880 fronts wired into the "poor man's tower" aka what the manual says and it actually sounds pretty good with a 80Hz cutoff for the pb-1000(recommend for anyone with blackstones and want a better sub than a budget one). sorry for wasting everyone's time with so many stupid questions.
post #24685 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Dude, just check my post on the Carver amp. I'll need your help on how to fix lights on a TFM-35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

You need a solder gun.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carver-Amplifier-TFM-45-TFM-35-TFM-25-TFM-55-Replacement-Meter-Light-Bulbs-/280955470808

Should be an easy fix since I'm not doing it.

Aha. Something I can post on with confidence... LOL

Make sure you get a soldering iron that is rated for the job. For light work, as you are going to be doing, get a 25 - 40 watt iron. The wattage of the iron determines the heat. You don't want to damage the boards, runs, or accidentally desolder another component due to your iron being too hot. Also make sure you use an adequately sized tip, as they determine how much heat is transferred as well.

BTW, if you want to, you can replace the incandescent bulbs with LEDs of any color. biggrin.gif (unless you like the warm glow and the occasional replacement process).

All you need to do if find the right voltage LED and a resistor. Check this site out. They have everything LED. cool.gif

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/component-leds/

You can replace an LED in practically anything. They have them all.
Edited by climber07 - 12/1/13 at 11:43am
post #24686 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post


Dude, just check my post on the Carver amp. I'll need your help on how to fix lights on a TFM-35.

 

This is the bulb. I guess you can get them in different colors. Blue would look cool. I'll let you do the search for them. Or let climber do it.  :D

 

419-LAM-C Clear Axial Lead 12V

 

You can find them a lot cheaper than that ebay ad.

post #24687 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Dude, just check my post on the Carver amp. I'll need your help on how to fix lights on a TFM-35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

This is the bulb. I guess you can get them in different colors. Blue would look cool. I'll let you do the search for them. Or let climber do it.  biggrin.gif

419-LAM-C Clear Axial Lead 12V

You can find them a lot cheaper than that ebay ad.

I would go the LED route. You can use any color in the spectrum. They last for 20 years too.
post #24688 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post



I would go the LED route. You can use any color in the spectrum. They last for 20 years too.

Yep, I read there is a LED alternative. I don't know the numbers for those.

post #24689 of 34941
On my way to grab this baby!
post #24690 of 34941
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Dude, just check my post on the Carver amp. I'll need your help on how to fix lights on a TFM-35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Yep, I read there is a LED alternative. I don't know the numbers for those.

If you want to go that route Carlos, I can help with the tutorials and such. You can also put in a little connector (like the one on computer fans) and simply plug in an LED (for color changing when you want).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread