or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 877

post #26281 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

I need some help. I can't seem to find the thread the explains how to use the calibration software REW. Can someone provide me a linky por favor?


try here
post #26282 of 34906
Before


After


Sorry Stan. Didnt get to the spray...

This imgae will require a smidge of explaination I have been working on a rear diffusor panel. My daughter is studying Nuclear Medicine and brought home several forms designed to secure a human head during cancer treatment. The forms in this photo were left behind... The recipients of this treatment did not surivive.



LONG LIVE GREAT AUDIO!
post #26283 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

If you like sticky tires and bikes, you should take that liter bike for a short spin (my photo above), that will put hair on your chest then blow it off biggrin.gif

Yeah man that thing looks nasty. I'm sure it would have np putting it on and blowing it off. Trust me, after about two years I was in Cycle max every other week sitting on the kawi 600's, 1000's and the Yamaha yzf1000. I think the Yamaha was my favorite. I don't think I'd go all out and get a super sport bike or just a crusier, something in between like a yzf600 or 1000 rather then the r6 or r1000. Although with me being on the smaller side a liter bike might be too much for me lol. Maybe I'll just stick to fast cars, I used to 4 wheel drift my 02 Maxima on the back road on the way home. That thing was neutral as all hell for a fwd, or at least when I drove it it was. biggrin.gif
post #26284 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG INJUN CHIEF View Post

Before


After


Sorry Stan. Didnt get to the spray...

I may beat you to it. Just a matter of remembering to pick up a rattle can next time I'm out.

post #26285 of 34906
Thanks. I'll start reading tonight.
post #26286 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Could you please ask that certain forum member to post pics of the 7.1 soon to be 11.1 setup here?

Well here is proof I am now the proud owner of another set of LSi's, specifically the 7's.



With that said, I have been informed I will NOT be running 7.1 in this location since we are hopefully buying a house in the next few months, so it will be a 7.1 in my next location.

I have yet to mention that its going to eventually be a 11.1 hehehe....

Although if I get the Anthem AVR I am looking at, I am stuck at 7.1. The Pioneer SC's can do 11.2 if I were to get more speakers and amp channels...
post #26287 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

Could you please ask that certain forum member to post pics of the 7.1 soon to be 11.1 setup here?

Well here is proof I am now the proud owner of another set of LSi's, specifically the 7's.



With that said, I have been informed I will NOT be running 7.1 in this location since we are hopefully buying a house in the next few months, so it will be a 7.1 in my next location.

I have yet to mention that its going to eventually be a 11.1 hehehe....

Although if I get the Anthem AVR I am looking at, I am stuck at 7.1. The Pioneer SC's can do 11.2 if I were to get more speakers and amp channels...



cool! cool.gif
post #26288 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post


Well here is proof I am now the proud owner of another set of LSi's, specifically the 7's.

With that said, I have been informed I will NOT be running 7.1 in this location since we are hopefully buying a house in the next few months, so it will be a 7.1 in my next location.

I have yet to mention that its going to eventually be a 11.1 hehehe....

Although if I get the Anthem AVR I am looking at, I am stuck at 7.1. The Pioneer SC's can do 11.2 if I were to get more speakers and amp channels...

Getting a house will sure be worth the wait. Nice speakers!

post #26289 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Getting a house will sure be worth the wait. Nice speakers!

LOL.... I like your new ones better TBH..... but I am happy with my new 7's. Its getting me closer to being done.

Once we get a house I plan to start hoarding speakers for 2 channel. 1st on my list is a set of Magnepan 1.7's. While I LOVE 2.7QR's, they are simply too wide for my setup. The 1.7's are about the same width as the MMG's but taller, so they would work well in smaller spaces. I will probably break the "purist" theme and go with a sub as well to augment the low end.
post #26290 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post


LOL.... I like your new ones better TBH..... but I am happy with my new 7's. Its getting me closer to being done.

Once we get a house I plan to start hoarding speakers for 2 channel. 1st on my list is a set of Magnepan 1.7's. While I LOVE 2.7QR's, they are simply too wide for my setup. The 1.7's are about the same width as the MMG's but taller, so they would work well in smaller spaces. I will probably break the "purist" theme and go with a sub as well to augment the low end.


I passed on the 2.7's and will just pick up the CC for the Revels tomorrow. I sure do love the sound of ribbons though. I've had the Carver ALIII's and some Newform Research R645's that sounded really nice. I'll bet the Maggies must sound really good. Wish I had a wider front stage also so I could put a couple pair up front and use my speaker selector switch. I could so some rearranging but it would put me too close for the projector. Damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. Hope you find a house with a nice area for audio. I'll bet that'll be going through your mind as your looking.

post #26291 of 34906
My day was going awesome, until I received a PM from an Emotiva member regarding the amp he was selling. This was his answer to my question, and I quote:
Quote:
I don't deal with anyone that quotes an anti-white, woman raping, communist. [ anti-racist is a code word for anti-white ]




This is what I use as my signature at the Emotiva forum:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr.


I am mesmerized and baffled as to why he responded with that comment. Would anyone care to enlightened me?
post #26292 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

My day was going awesome, until I received a PM from an Emotiva member regarding the amp he was selling. This was his answer to my question, and I quote:
This is what I use as my signature at the Emotiva forum:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr.


I am mesmerized and baffled as to why he responded with that comment. Would anyone care to enlightened me?

Gus, I could go in to a 10 page diagnosis of why some people are like that, but for the sake of brevity I'll leave it at:

post #26293 of 34906
It means he is intellectually inferior.
post #26294 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

My day was going awesome, until I received a PM from an Emotiva member regarding the amp he was selling. This was his answer to my question, and I quote:
This is what I use as my signature at the Emotiva forum:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr.


I am mesmerized and baffled as to why he responded with that comment. Would anyone care to enlightened me?

That is stereotypical white supremacist banter. Don't respond and don't entice. Trust me, it's not worth it.
post #26295 of 34906
My answer back to him was: "Okie dokie. I am not really sure where you get that from."

I didn't want to get into it, but it is really bothering a lot. My daughter is half white and half black. So, it gets to me when people make such comments. mad.gif I'm just going to go and watch a movie and get my Gentlemen's Jack with coke cool.gif
post #26296 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

Gus, I could go in to a 10 page diagnosis of why some people are like that, but for the sake of brevity I'll leave it at:


So, it's that you?
post #26297 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

My day was going awesome, until I received a PM from an Emotiva member regarding the amp he was selling. This was his answer to my question, and I quote:
Quote:
I don't deal with anyone that quotes an anti-white, woman raping, communist. [ anti-racist is a code word for anti-white ]




This is what I use as my signature at the Emotiva forum:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr.


I am mesmerized and baffled as to why he responded with that comment. Would anyone care to enlightened me?

if it were me id post it in the for sale thread over on the lounge in order to enlighten other lounge members and hopefully affect his ability to sell the amp.....if it were me.


stupidity drives me nuts.

edit - i think i found the thread over there. i will gladly post it for you if you and take any potential heat.
post #26298 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

So, it's that you?

Sure, you think you're the only one that rides?biggrin.gif
post #26299 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

So, it's that you?

Sure, you think you're the only one that rides?biggrin.gif

hell i thought it was geofff. eek.gif
post #26300 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

hell i thought it was geofff. eek.gif

It is, but I thought he's been picked on enough.
post #26301 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post


Although if I get the Anthem AVR I am looking at, I am stuck at 7.1. The Pioneer SC's can do 11.2 if I were to get more speakers and amp channels...

So which Anthem AVR are you gonna get? MRX-710?
post #26302 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

hell i thought it was geofff. eek.gif

It is, but I thought he's been picked on enough.

its never enough, until his heart stops beating.
post #26303 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

if it were me id post it in the for sale thread over on the lounge in order to enlighten other lounge members and hopefully affect his ability to sell the amp.....if it were me.


stupidity drives me nuts.

edit - i think i found the thread over there. i will gladly post it for you if you and take any potential heat.

Thanks. One of the Moderators contacted me about the issue. I requested for the thread to be removed as well. I don't want it to cause friction / issues because of it. Wow, I'm usually a pretty mellow person, and things don't get to me at all, but this one got me for a bit.
post #26304 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

hell i thought it was geofff. eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

It is, but I thought he's been picked on enough.

You guys are bullies! My daughter had to write a paper about, what would she want to get rid of...or something like that. She said, she wanted to get rid of bullies because bullies are not nice people biggrin.gif
post #26305 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

if it were me id post it in the for sale thread over on the lounge in order to enlighten other lounge members and hopefully affect his ability to sell the amp.....if it were me.


stupidity drives me nuts.

edit - i think i found the thread over there. i will gladly post it for you if you and take any potential heat.

Thanks. One of the Moderators contacted me about the issue. I requested for the thread to be removed as well. I don't want it to cause friction / issues because of it. Wow, I'm usually a pretty mellow person, and things don't get to me at all, but this one got me for a bit.

glad to hear a mod got involved.

im a nutcase on this thread and forum, but irl im mellow as well....and i hate seeing someone done wrong...even worse when the situation isn't corrected.
post #26306 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

hell i thought it was geofff. eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

It is, but I thought he's been picked on enough.

You guys are bullies! My daughter had to write a paper about, what would she want to get rid of...or something like that. She said, she wanted to get rid of bullies because bullies are not nice people biggrin.gif

new years resolution to self - a) stop picking on geoff or b) start picking on gus.

wonder which one will be easier to keep..... tongue.gif
post #26307 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG INJUN CHIEF View Post

Before


After


Sorry Stan. Didnt get to the spray...

This imgae will require a smidge of explaination I have been working on a rear diffusor panel. My daughter is studying Nuclear Medicine and brought home several forms designed to secure a human head during cancer treatment. The forms in this photo were left behind... The recipients of this treatment did not surivive.



LONG LIVE GREAT AUDIO!

CHIEF,

You've got a lot of amps. I don't see much of a difference between the before and after pics though. I'm going to have to google that nuclear medicine thingie. This is the first time I hear of it.
post #26308 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

new years resolution to self - a) stop picking on geoff or b) start picking on gus.

wonder which one will be easier to keep..... tongue.gif

LMAO...you just made me spill my Gentlemen Jack and coke tongue.gif
post #26309 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

new years resolution to self - a) stop picking on geoff or b) start picking on gus.

wonder which one will be easier to keep..... tongue.gif


Why chose one? wink.gif
post #26310 of 34906
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

new years resolution to self - a) stop picking on geoff or b) start picking on gus.

wonder which one will be easier to keep..... tongue.gif

LMAO...you just made me spill my Gentlemen Jack and coke tongue.gif

merry christmas! biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread