or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 890

post #26671 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

this one is in stock

After the bad experience I've had with Onkyo, I'm bias towards it and I usually don't recommend it. I would go with Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, Yamaha, Integra, Sherbourn (which by the way is on sale http://www.sherbourn.com/collections/theater/products/pt7030), but its a little bit over your budget.
post #26672 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

senile old fart, why the f**k did you repost my link?

Stanley, did you tell the youngster he could speak?
post #26673 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

Stanley, did you tell the youngster he could speak?


Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight!!!biggrin.gif
post #26674 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

After the bad experience I've had with Onkyo, I'm bias towards it and I usually don't recommend it. I would go with Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, Yamaha, Integra, Sherbourn (which by the way is on sale http://www.sherbourn.com/collections/theater/products/pt7030), but its a little bit over your budget.

I've heard bad things about Onkyo, but maybe they're better now.
post #26675 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

this one is in stock

After the bad experience I've had with Onkyo, I'm bias towards it and I usually don't recommend it. I would go with Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, Yamaha, Integra, Sherbourn (which by the way is on sale http://www.sherbourn.com/collections/theater/products/pt7030), but its a little bit over your budget.

you know onkyo and integra are the same thing?

and i dont blame folk for being leery of onkyo these days.
post #26676 of 34852
Is $500 for a pair of used excellent condition cherry Rtia7s a good price?
post #26677 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

senile old fart, why the f**k did you repost my link?

Stanley, did you tell the youngster he could speak?

lets see if i can get the old man to have a heart attack
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




post #26678 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishDude View Post

Is $500 for a pair of used excellent condition cherry Rtia7s a good price?

not bad.
post #26679 of 34852
Not hardly a youngster just an older guy who likes home theater more than the next guy. The old avr the 1513 would go to my son-n-law. The wife knows about the onscreen display but the new avr will be shipped to my mothers house for installation when my wife isn't home. Hopefully will have the same look but maybe she won't notice a different OSD and remote.
post #26680 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

not bad.

+1. You can get new RTI10's for $600 but they don't look near as nice as the RTIA's with that full cherry front. You might be able to find them cheaper, but as Jason said, not bad.
post #26681 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post


Stanley, did you tell the youngster he could speak?


You can lead a donkey to water but ..... You know how it goes.  :D 

post #26682 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumprunlogan View Post

Not hardly a youngster just an older guy who likes home theater more than the next guy. The old avr the 1513 would go to my son-n-law. The wife knows about the onscreen display but the new avr will be shipped to my mothers house for installation when my wife isn't home. Hopefully will have the same look but maybe she won't notice a different OSD and remote.

devious...i like it. biggrin.gif
post #26683 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

lets see if i can get the old man to have a heart attack
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





OMG, you killed Stanley. You bastage. biggrin.gif
post #26684 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

lets see if i can get the old man to have a heart attack
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





OMG, you killed Stanley. You bastage. biggrin.gif

and the world keeps turning.
post #26685 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

Stanley, did you tell the youngster he could speak?


You can lead a donkey to water but ..... You know how it goes.  biggrin.gif  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #26686 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

OMG, you killed Stanley. You bastage. biggrin.gif

I've received training for first aid. Where did I leave that defribrillator!
post #26687 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

My but she looks happy. 

post #26688 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

LMAO! I often wonder what you do at work!
post #26689 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

I've received training for first aid. Where did I leave that defribrillator!

Better find it or it's mouth to mouth.eek.gif
post #26690 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post


I've received training for first aid. Where did I leave that defribrillator!

I have my own. I need it in this thread.

post #26691 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

hey im still young and they pay me 6 figures a year for sitting on my butt most of the time and i only work half the week so i cant complain. tongue.gif

I work 40 hours usually. The problem is I can get away with not working hard since I'm one of the bosses so that makes it incredibly difficult to perform at work when I can be here. cool.gif Especially since I'm waiting for gear to be delivered at my work place haha.
Edited by AlphaPie - 12/26/13 at 10:42am
post #26692 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

Better find it or it's mouth to mouth.eek.gif

Not really, I've read that a plunger works better!biggrin.gif
post #26693 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

Better find it or it's mouth to mouth.eek.gif

Not really, I've read that a plunger works better!biggrin.gif

^^^this.
post #26694 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

hey im still young and they pay me 6 figures a year for sitting on my butt most of the time and i only work half the week so i cant complain. tongue.gif

I work 40 hours usually. The problem is I can get away with not working hard since in one of the bosses so that makes it incredibly difficult to perform at work when I can be here. cool.gif Especially since I'm waiting for gear to be delivered at my work place haha.

welcome to the madness...assuming you are following the thread currently.
post #26695 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post


For God sake, Don't forget the electrical tape.

 

WHY!?!?!  Electrical tape was NOT necessary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

wink.gif
post #26696 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I have my own. I need it in this thread.
post #26697 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Not really, I've read that a plunger works better!biggrin.gif

Scuse me while I get something to clean up the soda on my screen. biggrin.gif
post #26698 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I have my own. I need it in this thread.

lmao good one gus.
post #26699 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitaface View Post

WHY!?!?!  Electrical tape was NOT necessary!

It was if it was Jason wearing the fishnets and high heals.
post #26700 of 34852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitaface View Post

WHY!?!?!  Electrical tape was NOT necessary!

It was if it was Jason wearing the fishnets and high heals.

fishnet leather and spikes, but no heels thank you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread