or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread - Page 989

post #29641 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeme View Post

Lets try to hit 1k pages at stock settings before the night is out ok? Also, is there an avs live chat server? That would be great!


Not me, it's past my nap time.  :p 

post #29642 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post


Not me, it's past my nap time.  tongue.gif  

LOL. I go and take a nap while ripping movies and wake up to find all of you have come out of the woodwork.
As for the WDTV Live, from what I can tell, It can read both the HD's attached to it and any network shared drives like files on
your computer so you will also be able to transfer files from your computer to the attached HD of the WDTV...which appears to be
the preferred way of some people.
post #29643 of 35356
My Vlc player at times stutters when playing AVI videos sometimes. I find Pot Player to work well though.
post #29644 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post


Not me, it's past my nap time.  tongue.gif  

Do you live in the UK or something? I'm trying to sleep around 10 but even with my 20mg of oxyneo I've only been able to get around 4hrs of continuous sleep. Whoever said that zopiclone has no withdrawl effects was full of Bologna and should be put on it for a couple of months and taken off as punishment.

Anyway, anyone have good luck with a particular brand of Chinese gu10 led lights? I'm in die need, but I'm not paying the 18 bucks a bulb they want here in Canada for them.
post #29645 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumprunlogan View Post

My Vlc player at times stutters when playing AVI videos sometimes. I find Pot Player to work well though.

I'm often streaming with ps3 media player if I'm too lazy to grab the mouse, but, the quality is in my opinion around 20 percent better when viewed directly from the computer source with the video calibrated as closely as i can match. P plus, i can't seem to get the ps3 to output 192khz like i can from the pc.
post #29646 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post


As for the WDTV Live, from what I can tell, It can read both the HD's attached to it and any network shared drives like files on
your computer so you will also be able to transfer files from your computer to the attached HD of the WDTV...which appears to be
the preferred way of some people.

Then that transfer will take forever even on a small mkv file 6gb (dvd) No way would I transfer any movies from a pc over network to a attached hd to a device. When I had my 2TB in my dune base I would dock the drive and do the transfer via usb on my pc. WD player has only a 100MB network port, and I dont even think the transfer rate will be 8-10MB/s.
post #29647 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post

Then that transfer will take forever even on a small mkv file 6gb (dvd) No way would I transfer any movies from a pc over network to a attached hd to a device. When I had my 2TB in my dune base I would dock the drive and do the transfer via usb on my pc. WD player has only a 100MB network port, and I dont even think the transfer rate will be 8-10MB/s.

That's what I was thinking, but if you go on some of the WD forums, they seem to be doing it pretty quickly. I've been trying to read up as much as possible on all the info that's out there but I'm pretty much at the saturated point.
post #29648 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeme View Post

I'm often streaming with ps3 media player if I'm too lazy to grab the mouse, but, the quality is in my opinion around 20 percent better when viewed directly from the computer source with the video calibrated as closely as i can match. P plus, i can't seem to get the ps3 to output 192khz like i can from the pc.

Generally most may argue that display output from a pc source whether it's video or gaming is better than the Ps3. However casual web browsing may be a wash with network speed. I do not know the specs on the Ps4 or X Box One so these new consoles may have tipped the scales but there is a very devoted pc fan base for gaming still.

Maybe a firmware upgrade to your Ps3 will help your issue.
post #29649 of 35356
Ok so if the tweeters and drivers are interchangeable, I wonder what the chances are of the grills from the RTiA's fitting on RTi's? They look a lot nicer.
post #29650 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNestico View Post

Ok so if the tweeters and drivers are interchangeable, I wonder what the chances are of the grills from the RTiA's fitting on RTi's? They look a lot nicer.

Even if they don't fit perfectly, that sounds like a perfectly doable mod.
post #29651 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post


Not me, it's past my nap time.  tongue.gif  

Yep, just got up from my In-n-Out double-double induced food coma... biggrin.gif Ya gotta get on every hour or so or you end up reading 200+ posts about XMBC and audio outputs. rolleyes.gif
post #29652 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

Yep, just got up from my In-n-Out double-double induced food coma... biggrin.gif Ya gotta get on every hour or so or you end up reading 200+ posts about XMBC and audio outputs. rolleyes.gif

Oh man, I was sooooo close to going to In-n-Out today. Did you get a shake with that? biggrin.gif
post #29653 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

Oh man, I was sooooo close to going to In-n-Out today. Did you get a shake with that? biggrin.gif

Yep. A chocolate and vanilla mix.
post #29654 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

Yep. A chocolate and vanilla mix.

Ahhh, that explains the food coma...and a possible brain freeze. biggrin.gif
post #29655 of 35356

No In-n-Outs here but I do remember stopping at one years ago while driving through Southern Cal.  Been so long ago I don't even remember what I had or if I liked it. Wish I had one of their bumper stickers.

post #29656 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post


Ahhh, that explains the food coma...and a possible brain freeze. biggrin.gif


I don't need a shake for a brain freeze. I can do that all by myself.

post #29657 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by cytoSiN View Post


Even if they don't fit perfectly, that sounds like a perfectly doable mod.


+1. Duct tape it.

post #29658 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

No In-n-Outs here but I do remember stopping at one years ago while driving through Southern Cal.  Been so long ago I don't even remember what I had or if I liked it. Wish I had one of their bumper stickers.

Stan, you're too old to have the In-n-out urge. eek.gif
post #29659 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post


Stan, you're too old to have the In-n-out urge. eek.gif


I'm not too old to pretend!  :D 

post #29660 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumprunlogan View Post

Generally most may argue that display output from a pc source whether it's video or gaming is better than the Ps3. However casual web browsing may be a wash with network speed. I do not know the specs on the Ps4 or X Box One so these new consoles may have tipped the scales but there is a very devoted pc fan base for gaming still.

Maybe a firmware upgrade to your Ps3 will help your issue.

Ps3 media server is a program that streams so it degrades the quality somewhat for certain files visa the transposing process required for the ps3 to read the files. :-)
post #29661 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266 View Post

Stan, you're too old to have the In-n-out urge. eek.gif
Never to old to have the urge, there may be snow on the roof, but there's fire in the furnace biggrin.gif
post #29662 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Never to old to have the urge, there may be snow on the roof, but there's fire in the furnace biggrin.gif

Albeit a wee fire... LMAO!!! Get it??? "wee" fire. I crack myself up. rolleyes.gif
post #29663 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by cytoSiN View Post


I agree with Enders, but variety is the spice of life, so I'll throw this out there: I prefer MPC-HC (properly set up, of course), because XBMC is too much of a GUI (almost an OS) to me. Don't get me wrong, it's highly functional. But I prefer to just open windows explorer and double click the file I want to play. Good thread here on how to set up MPC-HC: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1357375/advanced-mpc-hc-setup-guide

Amen. Finally someone like me. Those fancy front ends like media portal and xbmc are nifty and all but I prefer opening up explorer and double clicking the video. A properly set up mpc is hard to beat!
post #29664 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

Albeit a wee fire... LMAO!!! Get it??? "wee" fire. I crack myself up. rolleyes.gif

Lol! That was funny.
post #29665 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumprunlogan View Post

Lol! That was funny.

If you keep encouraging them, Jason will come out of the wood work and start with his bad jokes and puns. And we wouldn't want that. wink.gif
post #29666 of 35356
Here is my little HTPC running Xbmc.

LIAN LI PC-Q25B case that could fit up to 8 hard drive.
ASUS P8H77-I LGA (which has 6 sata port)
Intel SSD
i3 ivy bridge
8gb of corsair ram
Corsair PSU.

post #29667 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post

Here is my little HTPC running Xbmc.

LIAN LI PC-Q25B case that could fit up to 8 hard drive.
ASUS P8H77-I LGA (which has 6 sata port)
Intel SSD
i3 ivy bridge
8gb of corsair ram
Corsair PSU.

 

 Looks nice. :)

post #29668 of 35356

I finally got the widgets I wanted for XBMC on the PC. I'm in happy land. Just took a lot of research and was a bit of a PIA.

post #29669 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

 Looks nice. smile.gif

Thanks. Its probably the smallest foot print for a case to fit all those hard drives...smile.gif I also love the 5 hot pluggable bays. Lian Li makes the best computer cases IMHO. Only bad thing about it cause its sooo small the cable management were a pain the butt.
post #29670 of 35356
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

Yep, just got up from my In-n-Out double-double induced food coma... biggrin.gif Ya gotta get on every hour or so or you end up reading 200+ posts about XMBC and audio outputs. rolleyes.gif

Double Double??? Sleepy? Not until you get a 4x4 animal style with animal style fries. Thats a Coma! Possibly a heart attack but everything is a risk now a days.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread