Ressurecting an old topic that hopefully someone can answer for me easily (and quickly):
I just got a new HTPc with an ATI 4550 based card with HDMI output. Previously I was getting near 1:1 pixel mapping through VGA connection, but now on HDMI and the new HTPC everything is messed up.
- By default, 1365x768 is not a resolution i can select in display resolutions in Win7
- If I go into "Signal" info in the NEC menu, it says it's
H. Freq = 33.8khz
V. Freq = 60.0hz
H + V polarity = positive
Memory = 94
Resolution = 1920x1080
This stays the same no matter what resolution i choose.
- I am getting quite a bit of underscan with about 1" around all the sides
- I've tried installing powerstrip with no luck, although I'm new to powerstrip so may have done something wrong
- I tried adding my own custom resolution of 1365x768 with these powerstrip timing values I found way earlier in the thread:
PowerStrip timing parameters:
Generic timing details for 1365x768:
HFP=51 HSW=50 HBP=60 kHz=47 VFP=4 VSW=4 VBP=12 Hz=60
VESA detailed timing details:
PClk=72149.00 H.Active=1365 H.Blank=161 H.Offset=35 HSW=50 V.Active=768 V.Blank=20 V.Offset=4 VSW=4
Linux modeline parameters:
"1365x768" 72.149 1365 1416 1466 1526 768 772 776 788 +hsync +vsync
However, even when I "paste timings from clipboard" that into a custom resolution into powerstrip, the resoultion that gets configured is 1364
x768, not 1365x768.
- Oddly, in the display profiles screen, my plasma is being detected as "Generic PnP Monitor" with max resolution of 1280x720 at 50hz". Not sure why it's not detecting it as the NEC 50XR5 like it used to on my old HTPC when connected through DVI. (no idea whether it should report somethign different, just watned to give more info in case it helps)
Any help would be appreciated! I'm crazy frustrated