New beta firmware is up on the Altech Site v1.1.1_beta5. Seem to be some incremental fixes to some problems. Items in red are the fixes.
1) Photo slide show method -> Improved
- The loading message that used to obstruct the screen has been moved to the bottom right corner
- Current photo remains visible (instead of black screen or animation) while loading next photo- Keep getting errors when displaying Jpeg files => Bug fixed.
(If the resolution is too high, full screen slides cannot be maintained so all screen got erased.)
2) Internet radio function -> Added
- Configure and setup the Internet Radio settings on the Configuration/Setup screen
- Press the Left key on the Main screen (list) to move to the Device and Application screen where the I-radio icon can be selected
- Press the I-radio icon to get a broadcasting station list from a server. (Currently www.shoutcast.com
- After creating an 'iradio' folder on the root of the local hard drive, if an .m3u or .pls file that contains the broadcasting station list is saved in
the folder, a direct connection to a broadcasting station is possible without having to connect to a server first. (Currently shoutcast and icecast protocol are supported)
- If a broadcasting station is selected, a channel list will appear
- Choose a channel to listen to the radio
- A manual containing further details and usage guide will be uploaded shortly
- Depending on the server's resources and condition, connection may fail.
3) Additional Internet setup options -> Added
4) A few unplayable MP3 files now playable.
- MP3 files carrying ID3 tag can be palyed.- MP3 files carrying WAVEfmt headers can now be played.
5) RECYCLE.BIN folder is hidden (not visible) if connecting to Vista via network
6) Certain jpeg files that cannot be displayed in Portraitmode can now be displayed- the color of certain photos that are in Portraitmode can go off => Bug fixed
7) Possible to change to 4:3 Letterbox/16:9 display while viewing a movie (via Menu button)
8) Caption sync in 0.5 second intervals up to 2 seconds, in 1 second intervals after that9) When entering a text string => '-' added after 'Z'
10) "User: Media Password: gate" account added for network connection.
11) Multi-language caption supported (by selecting 1+2 for caption). Up to 2 languages can be displayed simultaneously.12) Srt subtitle remains until next subtitle appears => bug fixed.