or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Definitive Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Definitive Owners Thread - Page 981

post #29401 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

I found that one of the positive terminal on one of my ST tower is loose. Speaker still works but I'm just afraid it'll get worse from vibrations. Is there a fix for it without sending it out? I'm trying to avoid sending out because shipping might be much especially going out from Hawaii.

They may be able to just send another one for free if the terminal just comes out. I'm not sure how it works exactly, but for my brother's BP2X broken terminal, they just send a single terminal out for free. I'm not sure if the Mythos would be the same, but I would call and ask.
post #29402 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

I found that one of the positive terminal on one of my ST tower is loose. Speaker still works but I'm just afraid it'll get worse from vibrations. Is there a fix for it without sending it out? I'm trying to avoid sending out because shipping might be much especially going out from Hawaii.

It probably just has a lose nut on the inside of the tower. I believe if you pull the bottom cap off the tower (4 screws?) you will be able to reach up and tighten up the nut on the back of the pos terminal. Should be a very easy repair/fix.
post #29403 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder240 View Post

Hey guys, I've been reading all the happy customer reviews of the 8060s, as well as the Absolute Sound review, and it got me wondering, what's different between the 8000 series and the 7000 series that I own? (I have a pair of 7002s in an HT setup, though I use them quite often for stereo music). Did Deftech introduce any new technology on the 8000 series? Has anyone noticed sonic differences?

I doubt that I'd upgrade, especially after the work I out into fixing a problem recently with one of my speakers that some of you may remember. Really just asking out of curiosity.

I like the bp7002's a lot, but I think the bp8060's have better highs.
post #29404 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJSmitty View Post

It probably just has a lose nut on the inside of the tower. I believe if you pull the bottom cap off the tower (4 screws?) you will be able to reach up and tighten up the nut on the back of the pos terminal. Should be a very easy repair/fix.
Ok.. I'll try that. Thanks..
post #29405 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

Ok.. I'll try that. Thanks..
Hi Rhed, let us know if that works OK? Best, Joe
post #29406 of 30938
I had some high hopes when i picked up a pair of studiomonitor 350's based on the reviews I found, however, i'm underwhelmed. Maybe someone can help...

I find the lows to be very good when coupled with my passive onkyo sub, but the highs are very harsh and difficult to listen to at high volume.

Based on a review i found, I'm wondering if my reciever is the problem. Part of the review states:

"Low Points
• The StudioMonitor 350 presents a relatively difficult load to drive, and does not mesh well with entry-level receivers or low power/current amplifiers."

I'm using the reciever from the HT-3400 onkyo HTIB, I figure this is an entry level reciever and could be the problem, but what specs do i need to get the speakers to perform?

Also, these only have about 20 hours on them, I get they aren't broken in, but when i got my 8040 towers last year they sounded awesome right out of the box. So i'm a little confused.

This is a garage 2.1 setup just for music BTW.
post #29407 of 30938
All,

I am reposting a message in this thread, as I am about to become an owner of about 15 different definitive technology speakers as we are using them throughout our house ((8) DI6.5, (3) UIW RLS III, and (4) AW6500) and thought that someone here may have suggestions on placement location for a few of them. Right now we are having a hard time picking speaker locations for our living room and dining room. We are going to use the 6.5 there. This is really about background music, and having music in the living room is more important than in the dining room.

Below is a diagram. The room is a big rectangle about 20" wide by 34' long. The ceiling height is 8', except in the dining room area where it goes up to about 14' for a clerestory (meaning there are windows mostly all around). The diagram says 15', but it is really 14'.

We were considering a pair of stereo speakers in the corridor that sort of splits the room (Def Tech 6.5STR), with right and left aimed into the opposing sides of the room. That is where the A's are marked. However, we are not sure if that is a good idea. So, then the alternative would be to put in the Def Tech 6.5's where the B's are marked and pre-wire to where either the C's or D's are in case we decide we do want another set of speakers there in the future.

Any thoughts?
photo LR_DRDrawing_zpsb9156b31.jpg

Frogster
post #29408 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcamaro70 View Post

I had some high hopes when i picked up a pair of studiomonitor 350's based on the reviews I found, however, i'm underwhelmed. Maybe someone can help...

I find the lows to be very good when coupled with my passive onkyo sub, but the highs are very harsh and difficult to listen to at high volume.

Based on a review i found, I'm wondering if my reciever is the problem. Part of the review states:

"Low Points
• The StudioMonitor 350 presents a relatively difficult load to drive, and does not mesh well with entry-level receivers or low power/current amplifiers."

I'm using the reciever from the HT-3400 onkyo HTIB, I figure this is an entry level reciever and could be the problem, but what specs do i need to get the speakers to perform?

Also, these only have about 20 hours on them, I get they aren't broken in, but when i got my 8040 towers last year they sounded awesome right out of the box. So i'm a little confused.

This is a garage 2.1 setup just for music BTW.

Timber will be very different compared the the towers, but the older tweeter do take some time to break in. A bigger amp and loud music can help with that wink.gif
post #29409 of 30938



























My unorthodox micro movie theater room with descriptions of photos in order.

Just started to cut out my RCS II speaker openings. The front wall will be removed and rebuilt making it more secure for my TV and also widen. It's a false wall.

My three RCS II front L, C & R speaker cut-outs.

My left front RCS II, side and back RSS II speaker cut-outs.

My false wall removed.

The inside of my closet with wall removed.

The completed framing of the area where my TV and cabinet will be mounted.

Inside closet view of my newly supportive wall.

Dry walling my wall.

Inside closet view of my finished wall.

Temporary mounting of my TV Bracket for measurement purposes. It will be lowered four inches.

My solid Cherry Wood bottom wall unit. All 1-3/4" thick wood except for bottom and top which is two inches thick of solid Cherry.

Cabinet has a one inch solid peace of Corian that has a marble look to it. Where the TV goes will be one inch plywood and then a quarter inch of Cherry Wood panel will go on the front. My cat is a ham for pictures. LOL.

Sorel color of Corian. One inch thick.

The finished product. Though the room is really bright, Cherry wood is a little darker. The photo shows it much lighter. The two doors on left have a dark yellowish tint to it.

This is what the in-ceiling speakers look like. Very clean and sleek looking.

The back of my room.

My closet and some of my wiring.

My components with adjustable shelves that can be locked in place so they don't move if you pull out or push in the components. All components have felt installed on feet to protect the Cherry Wood from scuffing.
Removable doors in closet to access the rear of my components. There screwed into the framing.

Some of my wiring before I re-route everything and clean it up better.

This is what the Definitive Technology RCS II look like. These will be my front Left, Right & Center Speakers. All speakers are angled and aimed towards the viewer.

My Front Center Speaker. These speakers are very illus ional as this system sounds like it has standing tower speakers when in reality you don't. These are very unusual ceiling speakers that really sound great and will amaze you.

What my surround side and back speakers look like. Definitive Technology RSS II.

My right side bi-directional speaker with metal cover off.


My room diameter is 9'- 4" wide and 14' long. It's a small room and sits three people in it comfortably. This is kind of like my own man cave so to speak. I've tested my system with it's built-in Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 with six room positions and it did a pretty good job calibrating everything. Though I will be having Jeff Meyer: http://www.accucalhd.com/index.htm come in from Missouri to do a custom Plasma and Audio calibration to tweak my system even more. My system is very unorthodox when it comes to speaker placement but the 7.1 surround really sounds amazing. It's very hard to believe that these ceiling speakers can actually sound like as if you had tower speakers all around you. I can't explain it. It's magical. Here's a link to the website that you can read about the exact Definitive Technology Speaker setup I read and used for my room. After reading this review, I decided to go out on a limb and take a chance. And it has really paid-off for me.

http://www.avguide.com/review/definitive-technology-uiw-rcs-ii-ceiling-speaker

I tested my 7.1 system with the movies Thor and Toy Story 3 and the details of the 7.1 really came through excellently. I was surprised on how much details my setup produced. I can't explain it, you'll have to experience it for yourself. I'm sure many people will have doubts about this speaker setup and the positions of the speakers. But for a small room that use to have a 5.1 PSB setup and now a 7.1 Def. Tech. setup, it seems to work perfectly. A very skeptical, unorthodox 7.1 movie theater setup that breaks all the boundary's and myths towards ceiling or in-wall speaker setups.

My system consists of:
Panasonic Plasma TC-P65VT50
Panasonic DMP-BDT500 Blue-Ray
Integra DHC-80.3 Pre-amp
Integra DTA-70.1 9.2 channel amp
Pioneer LX-70 DVR/DVD recorder. (Region Free)
An old RCA VCR ( I know I fail )
Comcast/Xfinity DVR and 3D Capable cable box
JL Audio Fathom F112 Subwoofer
Definitive Technology RCS II - Front Left, Right and Center Speakers
Definitive Technology RSS II - Left and Right, Side and Back speakers
APC S20JBLK surge protector with battery back-up
I have two SurgeX SA20 surge protectors behind my components. Each on it's own dedicated 20 amp outlet. Both outlets are on the same main line.
All my HDMI cables are from Blue Jean Cables and consist of the FE Series.
All my audio connects are from Blue Jean Cables which are balanced and are Belden 1800F Series.
I have not encountered any hum in any of my components.
My air filtration system is by Cool Components, Inc.

The only component that gets hot to the touch is the Integra DHC-80.3. It will consist of two exhaust fans mounted on the top of the vents to force the heat out the back and into my closet. All other components seem to stay very cool, even the amp with eight plus hours of heavy usage. Please don't ask what I paid for my movie theater as you can buy a new car for what I spent. But hey, you only live once and it's my man cave. I hope you've enjoyed my post and photos. I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have. And I will say; even though this setup is proven not to produce true 7.1 surround on paper and in theory, I will say that this setup breaks all the laws of audio physics and misconceptions producing incredible detailed 2.0 - 7.1 surround sound. You have too hear it to believe it and witness for yourself. Though nothing beats conventional speakers such as towers setup all around you, but having space limitations and going against the norm, this setup can't be beat and is truly an incredible sound producing unorthodox system that breaks all the rules for true 7.1 surround sound.

I want to wish all of you a blessed summer and life. smile.gif
post #29410 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarjohn47 View Post

My room diameter is 9'- 4" wide and 14' long. It's a small room and sits three people in it comfortably. This is kind of like my own man cave so to speak. I've tested my system with it's built-in Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 with six room positions and it did a pretty good job calibrating everything. Though I will be having Jeff Meyer: http://www.accucalhd.com/index.htm come in from Missouri to do a custom Plasma and Audio calibration to tweak my system even more. My system is very unorthodox when it comes to speaker placement but the 7.1 surround really sounds amazing. It's very hard to believe that these ceiling speakers can actually sound like as if you had tower speakers all around you. I can't explain it. It's magical. Here's a link to the website that you can read about the exact Definitive Technology Speaker setup I read and used for my room. After reading this review, I decided to go out on a limb and take a chance. And it has really paid-off for me.

http://www.avguide.com/review/definitive-technology-uiw-rcs-ii-ceiling-speaker

I tested my 7.1 system with the movies Thor and Toy Story 3 and the details of the 7.1 really came through excellently. I was surprised on how much details my setup produced. I can't explain it, you'll have to experience it for yourself. I'm sure many people will have doubts about this speaker setup and the positions of the speakers. But for a small room that use to have a 5.1 PSB setup and now a 7.1 Def. Tech. setup, it seems to work perfectly. A very skeptical, unorthodox 7.1 movie theater setup that breaks all the boundary's and myths towards ceiling or in-wall speaker setups.

My system consists of:
Panasonic Plasma TC-P65VT50
Panasonic DMP-BDT500 Blue-Ray
Integra DHC-80.3 Pre-amp
Integra DTA-70.1 9.2 channel amp
Pioneer LX-70 DVR/DVD recorder. (Region Free)
An old RCA VCR ( I know I fail )
Comcast/Xfinity DVR and 3D Capable cable box
JL Audio Fathom F112 Subwoofer
Definitive Technology RCS II - Front Left, Right and Center Speakers
Definitive Technology RSS II - Left and Right, Side and Back speakers
APC S20JBLK surge protector with battery back-up
I have two SurgeX SA20 surge protectors behind my components. Each on it's own dedicated 20 amp outlet. Both outlets are on the same main line.
All my HDMI cables are from Blue Jean Cables and consist of the FE Series.
All my audio connects are from Blue Jean Cables which are balanced and are Belden 1800F Series.
I have not encountered any hum in any of my components.
My air filtration system is by Cool Components, Inc.

The only component that gets hot to the touch is the Integra DHC-80.3. It will consist of two exhaust fans mounted on the top of the vents to force the heat out the back and into my closet. All other components seem to stay very cool, even the amp with eight plus hours of heavy usage. Please don't ask what I paid for my movie theater as you can buy a new car for what I spent. But hey, you only live once and it's my man cave. I hope you've enjoyed my post and photos. I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have. And I will say; even though this setup is proven not to produce true 7.1 surround on paper and in theory, I will say that this setup breaks all the laws of audio physics and misconceptions producing incredible detailed 2.0 - 7.1 surround sound. You have too hear it to believe it and witness for yourself. Though nothing beats conventional speakers such as towers setup all around you, but having space limitations and going against the norm, this setup can't be beat and is truly an incredible sound producing unorthodox system that breaks all the rules for true 7.1 surround sound.

I've got a few questions:

1) That's a small room for RCS/RSS II; why didn't you select the RCS/RSS III?
2) Your couch appears to be located right below the rear surrounds- have you tried moving the couch below the LR surrounds?
3) Did you consider using RCS for rear surrounds? Why did you choose RSS? You'll probably get multipath off the back wall.

I just installed some DT in-walls (RLS III and RSS III) here... the price is insane. I don't think you'll get much lip from AVSForum regarding price- we're all pretty nuts. rolleyes.gif
post #29411 of 30938
Well yes, I'm more crazy nutty. I like to live on the edge at times and prove that nothing is impossible when it's impossible on paper. I'm so crazy that I read just one review about the Def. Tech. Speakers and decided to give it a try. The review chose a JL Audio Sub Fathom F112, so I did the same. But I would tell you that the sound is amazing and I hear more details in my new setup compared to my old PSB 5.1 setup. Not putting down PSB but I got tired of these massive square speakers protruding from my walls and decided to try something more of a contemporary look.

Answering your questions:

1) I sent all the information to Def. Tech and talked to Chet on the phone and that's what he recommended me to do.

2) Yes and the couch would be better below the surrounds but I do have space limitations and will be too close to the TV.

3) Like I said in question 1, I was told to go with the RSS in the rear for surround sound applications. And on top of that, Chet from Def. Tech. didn't recommend me to go with a 7.1 setup. He told me to stay with a 5.1 setup and that my room was too small for a 7.1 setup. But I still wanted to try a 7.1 setup anyway and I'm glad I did. If it doesn't work out that good, I can always patch up the holes and stick with a 5.1 setup. But hey, I'm a nutty audiophile that's why I joined AVS. A place where insane audiophiles can socialize. People on the outside world don't understand us or our point of views.

So far, I haven't had any multipath issues of signals bouncing off of the rear walls. My Audyssey seem to fix it pretty good. I was amazed, but tomorrow, I will be getting them recalibrated by a professional who doesn't believe in the Audyssey Room Calibration System and they should sound much better than they are now. I'll also will be putting up sound acoustical panels in various locations through-out the room to help with the signals bouncing off the walls. That should clean up the sound much better and help in creating much more better details. Though, after testing my system and watching THOR and Toy Story 3 in 7.1 I was blown away from the detail accuracy I've heard. But hey, I know my setup is very unorthodox and doesn't work on paper, but it seems to work in my room. But if I had the space, I would have went with a more conventional method and have tower front speakers, have my center speaker level with my head and have my surrounds and back speakers also level with my head and be at least 5 to 6 feet away from my side and rear speakers. But, I'm a crazy nut and wanted to push the envelope more and try the impossible. Though the next time around, I'll probably change it all over again and try a different, more conventional method. Who knows? Though I partially blame AVS for some of my insanity quests. LOL

I hope I've answered your questions somewhat even though my answers and way of thinking are on an unorthodox level. Have you noticed, I seem to use the word unorthodox a lot. Strange? Yes I am. Thanks AVS. LOL. rolleyes.gif



I've got a few questions:

1) That's a small room for RCS/RSS II; why didn't you select the RCS/RSS III?
2) Your couch appears to be located right below the rear surrounds- have you tried moving the couch below the LR surrounds?
3) Did you consider using RCS for rear surrounds? Why did you choose RSS? You'll probably get multipath off the back wall.

I just installed some DT in-walls (RLS III and RSS III) here... the price is insane. I don't think you'll get much lip from AVSForum regarding price- we're all pretty nuts. rolleyes.gif
post #29412 of 30938
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the advice. I've contacted the Def Tech support team.
post #29413 of 30938
Joe, how much would a replacement sock be for a 8060 tower?
post #29414 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Joe, how much would a replacement sock be for a 8060 tower?
Hi JLP, I suggest you contact customer service. Chet, TJ and Adam are pretty good about this sort of thing smile.gif
info@definitivetech.com or 800-228-7148. Best, Joe
post #29415 of 30938
Quick question for fellow Definitive owners. I currently have a set of Chapman T1(boutique speakers) for my mains and the rest of my system consists of a Definitive Technology CLR2500, 4 Def Tech BPX surround speakers and an SVS 20-39 PC+ sub mated to a Pioneer Elite SC-55 Receiver and an OPPO BDP-93 Blu-Ray player. Basically, I'm looking to upgrade the front soundstage and I'm wondering if a pair of BP-8080ST front speakers would match with the system or if I should also add a CS-8080HD center channel in place of the CLR2500. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. cool.gif
post #29416 of 30938
We're returning to the U.S. after three years down under, and I intend to use my (stored) Definitive speakers in our new place. I have a pair of BP2002 towers, a CLR2002 center, and a pair of small, direct firing in-wall surrounds (forget the model number). System will be installed in a large space - approximately 20x50' room - with the home theater on one side (facing the long wall) and home gym / play area on the other. I sold my cheap Yamaha AV receiver before I left (and which clipped noticeably at times), so need a new one to connect with my HTPC, Roku and Xbox. Would like to spend < $1k but get plenty of power (understanding that my speakers have powered subs). I don't need a lot of bells and whistles - my HTPC and Roku provide all the streaming services I need, and I'm quite content with my Gyration remote.

Was thinking about going with Emotiva separates - the UMC-200 Preamp ($599) and either the UPA-700 ($429 for 7x80w) or the UPA-500 ($359 for 5x80w). I like the simplicity of the approach, and also that the UMC-200 has room correction (unlike the Outlaw version). I'm sure there are receivers that would work great with more features for similar money (for example, the new Elite SC-71) but I have an active distaste for feature overkill.

A few questions:
Would the Emotivas match well with my speakers?
Are the 80w models sufficient?
Would you go with the 5 or 7 channel version? (I don't plan to go beyond 5.1, but understand I could bi-amp the front speakers).
Should I get the BP2X surrounds to replace my small in-walls? They're pretty cheap on eBay

Thanks for any advice!
Edited by mismjy1 - 6/17/13 at 7:43pm
post #29417 of 30938
I called previously and was quoted 35 ea for the 8040 socks.
post #29418 of 30938
My main advice would be don't regret whatever you do wishing you had gotten a little more or the next level up. Buyers remorse sucks. I would look at the new Denon Avr's. Denon has really taken good steps in offering more for a smaller price. Their new E and X series ones. Or a previous model. You can get last years 3313 model for $800! Or a 2313 for $550! Or my recommendation is the brand new X4000 for 1050 from AV Science. Yes they have more bells and whistles but you should try to get past that because what they offer. With your speakers and non dedicated sub (s) you will have some room accoustic issues that would be seen if measurements were taken. So Audyssey Multi EQ XT 32 on the X4000 would be a very nice touch for you sound quality and experience. You don't have to be a crazy nerd all up in the measurement software, etc. but let's not totally ignore that sound interacts with your room and everything in it. While Audyssey or any other EQ is really meant to be an icing on the cake EQ, it does and can help those who don't wish to travel down that road.

:Dhttp://www.audyssey.com/audio-technology/multeq/tour
post #29419 of 30938
OK, I asked this a couple posts back, but didn't get any responses so I'll try again. I really need some help soon as I'm looking to make a purchase within the week.

I'm pretty much set on buying the BP-8080ST Towers for my mains and I'm just wondering if they will work well with my current CLR2500 center channel or if I should upgrade to the BP-8080HD center. Is anyone else here running the 8080ST's with a CLR2500?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. cool.gif
post #29420 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Madden View Post

OK, I asked this a couple posts back, but didn't get any responses so I'll try again. I really need some help soon as I'm looking to make a purchase within the week.

I'm pretty much set on buying the BP-8080ST Towers for my mains and I'm just wondering if they will work well with my current CLR2500 center channel or if I should upgrade to the BP-8080HD center. Is anyone else here running the 8080ST's with a CLR2500?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. cool.gif

Perhaps some may be. But general rule of thumb is to have the same drivers matched all across the front at a minimum. So you need to decide if the cost is worth it to you. Perhaps try them together first and go from there.
post #29421 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Perhaps some may be. But general rule of thumb is to have the same drivers matched all across the front at a minimum. So you need to decide if the cost is worth it to you. Perhaps try them together first and go from there.

Thank you for responding. That's pretty much the answer I was expecting. I'm sure I could "get by" with the CLR2500 matched with the 8080ST mains, but I'm assuming the 8080HD is probably the better match. Has anyone here had a chance to A/B those 2 specific center channels and if so, how do they compare? The CLR2500 has served me well for several years now, but I'm sure the 8080HD is probably an improvement given the advances DT has made with their speakers over the last few years.

cool.gif
post #29422 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Madden View Post

Thank you for responding. That's pretty much the answer I was expecting. I'm sure I could "get by" with the CLR2500 matched with the 8080ST mains, but I'm assuming the 8080HD is probably the better match. Has anyone here had a chance to A/B those 2 specific center channels and if so, how do they compare? The CLR2500 has served me well for several years now, but I'm sure the 8080HD is probably an improvement given the advances DT has made with their speakers over the last few years.

cool.gif
Hi Brent, I agree with JLP that the CS-8080 HD is the better match, as it has the upgraded BDSS series II drivers, plus an upgraded powered woofer / bass radiator setup. It also has a more powerful amp. So the 8080 will play a little deeper and go a bit louder without distorting. I also agree that you can try the 2500 first and see what you think. It's a fine center channel of course. We see some very enthusiastic owners of the CS-8080 HD on here though...people love it! Best, Joe
post #29423 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeatdefinitive View Post

Hi Brent, I agree with JLP that the CS-8080 HD is the better match, as it has the upgraded BDSS series II drivers, plus an upgraded powered woofer / bass radiator setup. It also has a more powerful amp. So the 8080 will play a little deeper and go a bit louder without distorting. I also agree that you can try the 2500 first and see what you think. It's a fine center channel of course. We see some very enthusiastic owners of the CS-8080 HD on here though...people love it! Best, Joe

Thank you for responding, Joe. I'm pretty much 100% certain I'm going to buy the 8080HD along with 8080ST mains as I've found an authorized dealer that's going to give me a good combo price on all 3 speakers. Can't wait to add a completely new front soundstage to my system. cool.gif
post #29424 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Madden View Post

Thank you for responding, Joe. I'm pretty much 100% certain I'm going to buy the 8080HD along th 8080ST mains as I've found an authorized dealer that's going to give me a good combo price on all 3 speakers. Can't wait to add a completely new front soundstage to my system. cool.gif
You are welcome Brent. Let us know how it sounds when you get it all hooked up - best, Joe
post #29425 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

...my recommendation is the brand new X4000 for 1050 from AV Science.

That's an interesting recommendation. It sounds like the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 plus Sub EQ HT combo is pretty compelling. Am I correct that the Sub EQ HT would be especially helpful for my setup, since I will have two subs (integrated with the 2002's)?

Where do you get the X4000 for $1050? shop.avscience.com lists only two Denon receivers - the 2113 and the 4520.

Thanks!
post #29426 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by mismjy1 View Post

That's an interesting recommendation. It sounds like the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 plus Sub EQ HT combo is pretty compelling. Am I correct that the Sub EQ HT would be especially helpful for my setup, since I will have two subs (integrated with the 2002's)?

Where do you get the X4000 for $1050? shop.avscience.com lists only two Denon receivers - the 2113 and the 4520.

Thanks!

Hi there. Call Craig at avscience.com. I read that on the Denon E/X series thread. I called him because I have been thinking about an X4000. Yes hooking up LFE to your two towers would be beneficial with SubEQ HT. although if you had one step down like I do with my Denon 3313 an only have multi EQ XT it's generally okay to have two subs if you have them equal distance from the main listening position which you would with the towers. Now it is a little different with multi EQ XT 32. First of all XT 32 applies 512 filters on both the speakers and the sub. Multi EQ only applies 128 on the sub and 16 on the speakers. So this generally means you can hook up your towers via speaker wire or speaker wire and lfe and get the same EQ performance from Audyssey. But if you hook up lfe then you will have better manual control over the crossover points.

Also a big plus would be to get XT 32 with the many more filters/EQ points along your frequency response line. Especially if you have a weird room layout or don't plan on room treatments. Which sounds, in general, your plan. smile.gif


Edited by jlpowell84 - 6/20/13 at 6:13pm
post #29427 of 30938
Hey all. I have several Definitive products I'm going to sell. 8040 center, 8040 surrounds, pro monitor 1000's and 8060 towers. I'll ship to anywhere. I'd rather not ship the towers but am willing to. smile.gif
post #29428 of 30938
Hey all,
I have a 'finish' question for all of you Def Tech owners. I have an old CLR 2000 that I needed to replace the end caps on, and after an exhaustive search I was able to track down a pair of end caps from bajawaverunner on eBay......unfortunately they are the cherry finish while all of my other gear has the black finish frown.gif Long story short, has anyone ever tried to re-finish a set of the end caps......SUCCESSFULLY? I'm basically just trying to see if anyone can give me a specific brand/type of black lacquer that they used with good results. I know I need to sand them down with some 800 grit and then prime them, but I need to find a good black lacquer that will give me the finished look to match the original Def Techs. Thanks in advance for any help biggrin.gif
post #29429 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Hey all. I have several Definitive products I'm going to sell. 8040 center, 8040 surrounds, pro monitor 1000's and 8060 towers. I'll ship to anywhere. I'd rather not ship the towers but am willing to. smile.gif

So do think you should post the prices?????????????????????

Age condition finish
post #29430 of 30938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo2012 View Post

So do think you should post the prices?????????????????????

Age condition finish

Hi there. Everything is 5 months old and very gently used. PM me for prices if interested. smile.gif. All speakers are black
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Definitive Owners Thread