or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Energy Owners Thread - Page 1400

post #41971 of 51452
I haven't set them up yet, I'm waiting to close escrow on a house right now with a dedicated home theater room so I have just been buying all my speakers. I started out with a pair of cf70s and a cc10 which I still have packed away in their original packaging. Because of this forum and all the rave reviews on the rc series, I just started putting the system together. My rc 10s 4 rc 70s lcr are all new and unboxed. The only speakers I bought used were the rcrs because video revolution wanted 400 for the pair. I think I spent a total of $2200 for all 9 speakers, which is awesome considering the original retail price would have cost a little over $6300.
Edited by cxr369 - 11/11/12 at 1:14pm
post #41972 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr369 View Post

Thanks for the replies. I have noticed that turning the volume knob on the RCRs is difficult. Is that normal? Also the cabinets are a little dirty, what do you reccomend I use to clean them.

A couple years ago I bought an RC70 setup. One of my RCRs had that same problem with the volume nob, I exchanged it...no problem. Hey by the way you are looking for an Onkyo. From everything Ive read they seem to have alot of relibility issues. Just my 2 cents but Id go high end Yamaha or Denon.
post #41973 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr369 View Post

I haven't set them up yet, I'm waiting to close escrow on a house right now with a dedicated home theater room so I have just been buying all my speakers. I started out with a pair of cf70s and a cc10 which I still have packed away in their original packaging. Because of this forum and all the rave reviews on the rc series, I just started putting the system together. My rc 10s 4 rc 70s lcr are all new and unboxed. The only speakers I bought used were the rcrs because video revolution wanted 400 for the pair. I think I spent a total of $2200 for all 9 speakers, which is awesome considering the original retail price would have cost a little over $6300.

Thats great. congrats on your new purchase. Thats some planning and a lot purchasing on your HT setup smile.gif
post #41974 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Mardukous View Post

Frankenstein Veritas anyone? They may still sound good, and if the price is negotiable could be worth a try, they are pretty beat up though.
http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-Energy-Veritas-Speaker-towers-2x-tour-de-system-de-son-W0QQAdIdZ430355663
baron2, you are missing an emmersive sound that will send chills throughout your whole body. All I can say is you realize how good things can be in this world while listening to music, the sound will surround you and summon emotions that you have no control over. I am not a huge RUSH fan, but they sound fantastic on vinyl at all listenable volume levels. If you have the opportunity, get a pair and listen to my and torht's recommendation of 200+ watts of power. Place the speakers correctly and enjoy them forever.
torht-That Rotel 1090 amp is a beast! Do you love the sound of everything? Is the sound precise and distinct from the bass all the way up? I have messed around with some Rotel amps but no monsters yet.

The hybrid/frankenstein veritas just seems wrong

I just bought a new amp for my 1.8s. I had them tri-amped with the Emotiva IPS-1 (7x140 watts@8ohms or 200watts@4ohms). I always wondered what they would sound like with some more juice. I bought an Emotiva RPA-1 (2x200 watts@8ohms or 350watts@4ohms) and I must say it really kicks a$$ now. Im still using the monster Z3 speaker cables. I just ordered a PS Audio xStream Statement SC power cable for the amp and also have some PS Audio xStream Statement speaker cables coming.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/amplifiers/emotiva-rpa-1-amplifier

Hey Hank I read your thoughts on the Veritas 6.3 I was a little surprized. It only makes me apreciate the 1.8s more, I will never part with them. IMO the 1.8s and the 2.8s are the best speakers Energy ever produced. They dont have woofer issues, or crossover issues, and the finsh doesnt peel off. I feel very fortunate to be a proud owner.
Edited by darcman - 11/11/12 at 8:56pm
post #41975 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcman View Post

A couple years ago I bought an RC70 setup. One of my RCRs had that same problem with the volume nob, I exchanged it...no problem. Hey by the way you are looking for an Onkyo. From everything Ive read they seem to have alot of relibility issues. Just my 2 cents but Id go high end Yamaha or Denon.

When you say you exchanged it, what do you mean? Did you exchange the whole speaker or did you get a new nob from energy?

I currently have a pioneer elite sc 37, but I'm looking to run 11 channels not just 7. I've read good things about the Onkyo 5010, how does the Denon match up with the energy speakers. I've heard certain receivers make the speakers sound different, not sure how true that is. I would be interested in the Denon 4520 if anyone has any experience with Energy and Denon. I have a Nad T-955 5x100 amp to power the rc 70s and lcr, so I would need the receiver to power the other 6 surrounds.
post #41976 of 51452
Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMan007 View Post

Thats great. congrats on your new purchase. Thats some planning and a lot purchasing on your HT setup smile.gif

Thanks
post #41977 of 51452
Veritas V-Mini's in Rosenut on sale on Buy.com through WWstereo for 99.99 with free shipping.
post #41978 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Mardukous View Post

....
torht-That Rotel 1090 amp is a beast! Do you love the sound of everything? Is the sound precise and distinct from the bass all the way up? I have messed around with some Rotel amps but no monsters yet.

The amp does a great job; very precise and distinct, great sound stage as well. I need to do some room treatments though; the room has concrete floors and high ceilings.
post #41979 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr369 View Post

When you say you exchanged it, what do you mean? Did you exchange the whole speaker or did you get a new nob from energy?
I currently have a pioneer elite sc 37, but I'm looking to run 11 channels not just 7. I've read good things about the Onkyo 5010, how does the Denon match up with the energy speakers. I've heard certain receivers make the speakers sound different, not sure how true that is. I would be interested in the Denon 4520 if anyone has any experience with Energy and Denon. I have a Nad T-955 5x100 amp to power the rc 70s and lcr, so I would need the receiver to power the other 6 surrounds.

Ya I exchanged the whole speaker as I bought them new. I actually might have exchanged both RCRs the volume nobs didnt look right on both of them. The one nob was pretty much almost seized

Just from what Ive read of the big 4 receiver manufacturers, the Onkyos seemed to be the least reliable or most problematic. Ive heard the SC37 is a great receiver. Yamahas are said to be brighter. I powered my 70s with a yamaha RX-V1900 and they sounded excellent. I heard 70s on a lesser Pioneer than yours and I didnt thiink they sounded as good.
I now have a Yamaha RX-A3000 but it is strictly used as a preamp as I have the 2 emotiva amps powering everything. I havent used the 70s for quite some time as I use the 1.8s in my 7.1 setup. I merely suggested the Yamaha or Denon because by all accounts they are both great receivers. If you dont need the 4k support, I would suggest either the Yamaha RX-A3010 or Denon 4310 along with any of the XPA emotivas 2,3,or 5 channel amps. Youd probably still be cheaper than the Onkyo. Either receivers and an amp and you could be rockn to an awesome 11 channel setup
I hope I dont sound like a know it all but you could probably find deals on both receivers since the new models are out. The XPA emotivas just represent excellent value in amplification.
post #41980 of 51452
Guys looks like I have hit a dead end, there are no RC-R or V-S (dont want to pay 300 each) surrounds to be had anywhere - new or used. Are there any other alternatives that you would suggest?
post #41981 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMan007 View Post

Guys looks like I have hit a dead end, there are no RC-R or V-S (dont want to pay 300 each) surrounds to be had anywhere - new or used. Are there any other alternatives that you would suggest?

Well you have all RC stuff so maybe just stick with RC. Pick up some 10s or bigger RC towers for the front and move your 10s to the rear. then just wait it out for some RCRs to come up for sale sometime
post #41982 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcman View Post

Well you have all RC stuff so maybe just stick with RC. Pick up some 10s or bigger RC towers for the front and move your 10s to the rear. then just wait it out for some RCRs to come up for sale sometime

Good luck finding them, though!
post #41983 of 51452
If someone is looking for a pair of RC-10's... I can help with that.
post #41984 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMan007 View Post

Guys looks like I have hit a dead end, there are no RC-R or V-S (dont want to pay 300 each) surrounds to be had anywhere - new or used. Are there any other alternatives that you would suggest?

Do they have to be bipole speakers? Would another pair of RC-10s suffice? Someone is selling their RC-10s in the post above.
post #41985 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcman View Post

Well you have all RC stuff so maybe just stick with RC. Pick up some 10s or bigger RC towers for the front and move your 10s to the rear. then just wait it out for some RCRs to come up for sale sometime

That would have been ideal, but the problem with me is I will be moving back to my country in a year or so and any additional RC10 or towers will make shipping and more importantly custom clearance problematic because of their size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaiii View Post

If someone is looking for a pair of RC-10's... I can help with that.

Thanks for the offer, I will touch base with you first thing in case I decide to go for RC10s for my rear speakers.
post #41986 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Do they have to be bipole speakers? Would another pair of RC-10s suffice? Someone is selling their RC-10s in the post above.

Thanks afrogt, the main reasons for going with a di/bi pole surrounds are because of their size and also I am looking for a room filling sound experince with a distinct sound from a particular channel only when something like a bullet is fired or a helicopter flies by etc. Guess that kind of leaves me with di/bi pole surrounds, correct me if I am wrong.
post #41987 of 51452
It's interesting to me that Energy Speakers has a Facebook page. It even uses the Energy graphics and logo. However, Facebook shows it being an Indianapolis company, which makes me think it's not updated by the company. None the less, I posted:

Is there a future for the RC line? They're sure hard to find, if at all.

There was a response:

You can find the RC-Micro 5.1 and 5 pack systems on Amazon. Fry's has the RC 70s. Vann’s has a few models as well.

At this time, there isn’t plans to update the box line.

To which I posted:

No RC 70's that I can see... anywhere!


I'm not sure what to make, of this. Kinda like being in limbo.
post #41988 of 51452
.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
post #41989 of 51452
Hi you guys! I have a little "hardware question" regarding the 2.5 ways bi-wired speakers such as Energy CF-30 or 50. I read somewhere that in such cases there are separate signal inputs for the tweeter and the woofer(s). Ok my question is: are the tweeter and its associated woofer-midrange in the same circuit? Or more simply: if the tweeter-associated woofer is getting signal can I say the tweeter is getting it too? I guess this is a really basic question but I don’t really know anything about internal speaker's circuits, crossovers and things like that. I just want to make me sure that everything is well connected. Thanks!
post #41990 of 51452
If you want to be sure everything is well connected then leave the metal jumpers in place between the top and bottom speaker terminals and connect them like a normal set of speakers.

There is no advantage to bi-wiring your speakers.
post #41991 of 51452
+1 to afrogt.

Here's some information about why it doesnt' improve things and may actually worsen them:
Edited by hernanu - 11/13/12 at 9:39am
post #41992 of 51452
What is the final verdict in differences (crossovers, cabinet structure, drivers, etc) between the RC and Veritas (newer) speakers? For example, what are the differences between the RC-50 and V6.2? I heard someone mention that the newer veritas are a RC speaker with different crossover network, is that correct?
post #41993 of 51452
well I decide to put on sell my rc-70s for $350 each that will be $700 for the pair. I know the economic is not at the best and I want to be fair.however I didn't get the $800 sale.They where at $499 each when I bought then.buyer have to paid shipping, they are in excellent condition I have all the accessories and original boxes.sorry dont pm if you want then cheaper, only serious buyers.The speakers are posted at the classified section.If anything goes wrong during the years with the speakers just contact me and I will help with the parts because the warranty is not transferable.but remember that warranty do no cover damages if you abuse then.
Edited by losservatore - 11/13/12 at 12:54pm
post #41994 of 51452
I will be an Energy speaker owner for the first time, making a little introduction here smile.gif

My last home theater purchase was a decade ago, and I was using a basic Yamaha 5.1 receiver and a Fluance 5.1 speaker set. I'm surprised to see the Fluance speakers still being recommended here for a starter set! Now that I can finally afford better gear I purchased a variety of new gear for a new system:

Denon 2112CI receiver
Energy Veritas 6.2 mains
Energy Veritas 5.2 center
Dayton RSS466 HO 18 inch sub (sealed build)
Dayton 1000 watt sub amp

I will build the enclosure for the sub myself. I may use use my old Fluance speakers for surrounds (bad idea?) no budget right now for better surrounds.
post #41995 of 51452
Don't see why the Fluances can't fill in until you can upgrade. The front 3 are the most important, and while the surrounds are best matched with the fronts, it's not as necessary.
post #41996 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Mardukous View Post

Frankenstein Veritas anyone? They may still sound good, and if the price is negotiable could be worth a try, they are pretty beat up though.
http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-Energy-Veritas-Speaker-towers-2x-tour-de-system-de-son-W0QQAdIdZ430355663
baron2, you are missing an emmersive sound that will send chills throughout your whole body. All I can say is you realize how good things can be in this world while listening to music, the sound will surround you and summon emotions that you have no control over. I am not a huge RUSH fan, but they sound fantastic on vinyl at all listenable volume levels. If you have the opportunity, get a pair and listen to my and torht's recommendation of 200+ watts of power. Place the speakers correctly and enjoy them forever.
torht-That Rotel 1090 amp is a beast! Do you love the sound of everything? Is the sound precise and distinct from the bass all the way up? I have messed around with some Rotel amps but no monsters yet.

Hank, thanks for the information
post #41997 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

well I decide to put on sell my rc-70s for $350 each that will be $700 for the pair.

I think that's really a fair price for the pair. I recently bought a pair on eBay for 700 plus shipping. I saw your ad the other day but I thought 800 was a bit higher. All the Best.
post #41998 of 51452
Forgive my ignorance, but us there somebody who actually sells the veritas line still?

Vans has had out of stock on them for a while and I keep waiting.

I would like to grab a pair.

So If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.
post #41999 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd H. View Post

Forgive my ignorance, but us there somebody who actually sells the veritas line still?
Vans has had out of stock on them for a while and I keep waiting.

Last time I checked wwstereo had veritas 6.2 and 6.3 series speakers
post #42000 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd H. View Post

Forgive my ignorance, but us there somebody who actually sells the veritas line still?
Vans has had out of stock on them for a while and I keep waiting.
I would like to grab a pair.
So If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

I know it's not relevant to you personally but it's worth noting that they are still distributed by FutureShop in Canada. Well, FS has the 6.3, 5.2c center and V-S surrounds; they don't have the 5.1 bookshelves nor the 6.2. And the V-S are $600 apiece.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread