or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Energy Owners Thread - Page 1402

post #42031 of 51587
Very interesting pricing on the Veritas there, although the step to the 6.3 is rather steep at more than twice the price of the 6.2. Given the prices for the 6.3, 5.2c and V-S are respectively 2.4, 4, and 3 times less expensive than at FutureShop in Canada, I think it would be very tempting indeed.
post #42032 of 51587
Great discount for the Veritas v series.This may be the last chance to get this beautiful speakers.smile.gif
post #42033 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post

Very interesting pricing on the Veritas there, although the step to the 6.3 is rather steep at more than twice the price of the 6.2. .
Yeah, the difference after promo code is a lot less than the difference BEFORE the promo code... frown.gif
post #42034 of 51587
Does anyone have his tv set directly ontop of their center channel speaker? I am getting my tv in today (plasma weighing about 106lbs) and figure this would be too much weight to set on top of my center speaker (v2.0ci). Any thoughts?
post #42035 of 51587
I wouldn't take the chance.

I'm in an apartment, and can't put my TV on the wall. I got this riser to elevate the TV so it's fully visible above the speaker (RC-LCR), which I put in front of it.


Edited by hernanu - 11/17/12 at 7:39am
post #42036 of 51587
Great solution. Thanks for the advice! I may need to use books or something for now since the tv will be here in a couple hours and it doesnt appear that anything like this is in stock at walmart or anywhere i can get to today.
post #42037 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro

Very interesting pricing on the Veritas there, although the step to the 6.3 is rather steep at more than twice the price of the 6.2. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper_1 View Post

Yeah, the difference after promo code is a lot less than the difference BEFORE the promo code... frown.gif

Even when Vanns had a sale on the 6.3 the lowest price I remember was $599. Maybe it was a little lower for a few days at one time. Both Vanns and WWStereo have had the 6.2 for $299 now.

Considering the Veritas 6.3 is supposed to be a better speaker than the RC-70 $599 or $699 is a fair price. The finish is gorgeous on the V6.3. The 6.2 is a steal at $299. I don't think I ever saw the 6.2 for the MSRP $1199 at Vanns at all.
post #42038 of 51587
Tore a small hole in one of my RC-30 grill cloths. Does anyone have an idea where I can get a replacement?
post #42039 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by remedy1978 View Post

Tore a small hole in one of my RC-30 grill cloths. Does anyone have an idea where I can get a replacement?
go grill-less!
post #42040 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by advil_yum View Post

I just nearly had a heart attack with WW Stereo's latest sale mentioning the V6.2's for $299, but showing the pictures of V6.3's... still, great price for the v6.2!
All Energy speakers are discounted with EARLYBIRD promo with some amazing deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Not bad prices on the Energy Veritas at WWStereo.com. All prices are each
V6.2 - $299
V5.2 - $249
V6.3 - $699
V5.1 - $199
V-S surround $199
EARLYBIRD promo
Those are pretty fair prices.
Thanks Advil_yum for the promo info.

Thanks a ton guys, ordered a pair of V--S smile.gif the wait was long but fruitful smile.gif

Now I am very tempted to go for the V6.3..its may end up as one of those impulsive buys frown.gif or should I settle for a 6.2? This is my current setup:
Pair of RC10
RC-LCR Center
Pair of V-S surrounds (just ordered)
Energy S10.3 Sub
Denon Receiver

Will I get a substantial improvement by going for the V6.3 or V6.2?
Edited by SandyMan007 - 11/17/12 at 8:50am
post #42041 of 51587
Well they're much larger speakers than the RC-10 so you'll get a fuller sound from either tower. The RC LCR doesn't quite match the V-Series though, you'd really want the V5.2 center which is another $249. Most people are saying the V series has a brighter tweeter than the more laid back RC series. Don't know if you have a preference or not.

Don't know if you live close to a Fry's Electronics but someone a page back or so mentioned they will have RC-70s on Black Friday. If this is true get those for your fronts instead unless you want to completely revamp your front stage. http://www.avsforum.com/t/630450/energy-owners-thread/42120#post_22587134

2 V6.3 plus V5.2C = $1650
2 V6.2 plus V5.2C + $850?

2 RC-70's if Fry's has them = $?? Vanns last sold them for $480 each. I would definitely take RC-70s over the smaller V6.2.
Edited by afrogt - 11/17/12 at 9:18am
post #42042 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Well they're much larger speakers than the RC-10 so you'll get a fuller sound from either tower. The RC LCR doesn't quite match the V-Series though, you'd really want the V5.2 center which is another $249. Most people are saying the V series has a brighter tweeter than the more laid back RC series. Don't know if you have a preference or not.
Don't know if you live close to a Fry's Electronics but someone a page back or so mentioned they will have RC-70s on Black Friday. If this is true get those for your fronts instead unless you want to completely revamp your front stage. http://www.avsforum.com/t/630450/energy-owners-thread/42120#post_22587134
2 V6.3 plus V5.2C = $1650
2 V6.2 plus V5.2C + $850?
2 RC-70's if Fry's has them = $?? Vanns last sold them for $480 each. I would definitely take RC-70s over the smaller V6.2.

I'll just take it easy for now and wait for a RC 70, I like how my current RC sounds and got them only recently so don't want to change them out, though I can make a profit on my center with current used prices I see on ebay smile.gif

Don't have any Fry's around, will try to get a used RC70 somewhere or have someone pick a pair at Frys this black friday which will be difficult smile.gif
post #42043 of 51587
Beside the veritas v6.3 tweeters be a little prominent do to the sensitivity of the speakers,If you are listening to a bad or mediocre mix recordings they will sound bad, they wont hide bad or mediocre mix. This speakers are very revealing.The speakers force me to listen to only audiophile recordings with excellent mixing smile.gif.
Edited by losservatore - 11/17/12 at 11:16am
post #42044 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoggz View Post

Does anyone have his tv set directly ontop of their center channel speaker? I am getting my tv in today (plasma weighing about 106lbs) and figure this would be too much weight to set on top of my center speaker (v2.0ci). Any thoughts?

Do you mean like this?

erh_HT_11.jpg

My current TV set (Vizio E321VL) weighs only 20 pounds; weight is not an issue for me at this time. You may want to explore purchasing a TV riser; they are available at Amazon. See: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_5?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=tv+riser+stand&sprefix=TV+ri%2Caps%2C412

My situation worked well because the dimensions of the TV's base did not exceed the depth and width of my CC-10 center channel speaker.
Edited by erhurd - 11/17/12 at 1:37pm
post #42045 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdub1 View Post

ya, I re-ran audyssey. It set fronts to full range so I turned them back to small and set the front/center cross over at 80 and the rear surround crossovers at 90 (cb 5's) . they are essentially set up the same as when my cb10's were the fronts, but the cb10's seem louder in perspective to where the volume is on the receiver. I'm not sure how that's possible unless the cf70's are using more power and cause me to turn up the volume knob more on the receiver?

I have the CF-70's and your CB-10's should not throw a loader sound then the CF-70's at the same volume. Are you sure everything is hooked up correctly?
I noiced you mentioned one of your tweeters was not functioning correctly all the time, or at least when you 1st hooked them up.
post #42046 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoggz View Post

Does anyone have his tv set directly ontop of their center channel speaker? I am getting my tv in today (plasma weighing about 106lbs) and figure this would be too much weight to set on top of my center speaker (v2.0ci). Any thoughts?

How deep is your tv stand?
post #42047 of 51587
I have rc-10 as fronts, rclcr and svs sub, looking for rears, was thinking about maybe cb-50's, or cb-20, another set of rc-10 or maybe boston acoustic cs 23 II, what ever i can find on ebay or around 100$ to finish off a 5.1 system, any suggestions?
post #42048 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikullla View Post

I have rc-10 as fronts, rclcr and svs sub, looking for rears, was thinking about maybe cb-50's, or cb-20, another set of rc-10 or maybe boston acoustic cs 23 II, what ever i can find on ebay or around 100$ to finish off a 5.1 system, any suggestions?
another set of RC10s if you can find them.
post #42049 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoggz View Post

Does anyone have his tv set directly ontop of their center channel speaker? I am getting my tv in today (plasma weighing about 106lbs) and figure this would be too much weight to set on top of my center speaker (v2.0ci). Any thoughts?


Just one more reason why I love floating tv stands. smile.gif
post #42050 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikullla View Post

I have rc-10 as fronts, rclcr and svs sub, looking for rears, was thinking about maybe cb-50's, or cb-20, another set of rc-10 or maybe boston acoustic cs 23 II, what ever i can find on ebay or around 100$ to finish off a 5.1 system, any suggestions?



Front sound stage of the same brand and model is very important to have, But surrounds from the same brand and model is not so critical.You should be fine with this Fluance AVBP2 Bipolar Surround for only $125 a pair free shipping.Is $25 over your budget .Is very hard to found bipolar or dipolar speakers for $100.


http://fluance.com/product/AVBP2_Bipolar_Surround_Sound_Satellite_Speakers.eng-79.html


I recommend dipole/bipole speakers because they are easy to wall-mount also they look better on the wall.
Edited by losservatore - 11/18/12 at 6:41pm
post #42051 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikullla View Post

I have rc-10 as fronts, rclcr and svs sub, looking for rears, was thinking about maybe cb-50's, or cb-20, another set of rc-10 or maybe boston acoustic cs 23 II, what ever i can find on ebay or around 100$ to finish off a 5.1 system, any suggestions?

To make it slightly easier for you -

I was in the same boat and put forward same question a while ago, based on the suggestions here I would look for a RC-R or a V-S that would be a good match. Again, this is based off suggestions around here and I personally haven't heard a lot of HT setups and am just starting off.
post #42052 of 51587
I am going to have a pair of used RC-R's for sale shortly. 325.00 plus shipping. I will ship to Canada as well.
PM me with your zip code and city and I will tell you what the shipping cost are going to be.
post #42053 of 51587
Hi Guys -

I have a question on surround speaker distance. Everything I have been able to read tells me the surrounds should be further away, so not to overwhelm the listener. I have mounted only one at this point, but I think it might be too close to the center listening position. They are located 2 ft above my head when seated, with a distance of 5 ft away. As a reference, my front speakers are 10 ft from the listener.

Due to a door one one side, I only have the ability to go one more stud over. Is it worth patching the drywall and going over 16 inches on each side? That will increase the distance between the speakers another 32 inches, basically placing the speakers over the lamps shades.


Edited by Titan Uranus - 11/19/12 at 7:01am
post #42054 of 51587
are they side surrounds or rears ?
post #42055 of 51587
Side. It is a 5.1 system.
post #42056 of 51587
I'd say it's not worth the trouble of spacing them further apart, assuming your AVR is able to calibrate their levels. I think they're pretty much ideally positioned considering you probably can't mount them on side walls.
post #42057 of 51587
No sir, I cannot. Thank you for the advice!
post #42058 of 51587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Uranus View Post

Hi Guys -
I have a question on surround speaker distance. Everything I have been able to read tells me the surrounds should be further away, so not to overwhelm the listener. I have mounted only one at this point, but I think it might be too close to the center listening position. They are located 2 ft above my head when seated, with a distance of 5 ft away. As a reference, my front speakers are 10 ft from the listener.
Due to a door one one side, I only have the ability to go one more stud over. Is it worth patching the drywall and going over 16 inches on each side? That will increase the distance between the speakers another 32 inches, basically placing the speakers over the lamps shades.


I agree with neutro.....i have my RC-10 surrounds at a similar location as your picture (maybe even closer to the listener) and it sounds great. I would say give it a try and see what you think.

Before you mount the second one though, i would prop it up in position (stack some books or something on the end table) for your testing to save you some work if you decide to change the locations.
post #42059 of 51587
It'll sound OK from the middle seat, but from either end of the couch one surround will tend to dominate the other because you'll be so much closer to it. If they were spaced further apart the end seats would be better.
post #42060 of 51587
+1

I agree with kriktsemaj99's rationale regarding the spacing of the surround speakers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread