or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Energy Owners Thread - Page 1405

post #42121 of 51471
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

The Veritas speakers will be an absolutely monstrous leap forward from the e:XLs. First off, you would be going from a small bookshelf to a full sized tower (huge on its own considering you have no sub). But more importantly you are going from entry level speakers to Energy's current top of the line. The e:XLs are perfectly fine little speakers (in fact a pair of e:XL-15s are the first Energy speakers I owned, $20 off Craigslist) but, while the new Klipsch-designed Veritas aren't as good as the "true" Veritas of old, they are still just light years ahead of the XLs. The only thing to be concerned about wit the newer Veritas is that they have a pronounced treble that some find a bit harsh or "bright" for certain content.
The new Veritas are also reasonably sensitive and it sounds like you are in a relatively small space so I think you will be fine with the Marantz 1602.
In terms of other suggestions, it would help if you cold provide more general parameters.... Budget, listening preferences, room size, etc. However, if you are near a Fry's and can grab a pair of RC-70 for the $350 each sale price (assuming that's for real) then that is an unbeatable option.

Thank you much for the response. I do have a sub, it is just not hooked up at this time. When I do hook it up, it will be set more for music than for heavy thumping surround for movies. I am a huge fan of film scores, older jazz, some pop music and remastered older rock and such plus just about every other type of genre of music but in lesser amounts.

My flat is rather odd shaped but it long and narrow. On one side near center of the length is an alcove of about 11 feet. This is where plasma and audio now reside. So pretty much I have a wall behind the system and it all faces a wall about 12 feet across and no real "left and right" walls in this scenario. I plan to put a small sofa in front of some bookshelves on the facing wall so that I am seated approximately 8 feet from the plasma screen. The screen takes up 60 inches of space or so (65" screen). This leaves me most likely speakers on each side of the screen with just a few inches to spare (as one side of that alcover like set up has a door way that swings inwards).

I am not married to getting Energy speakers but this time around, I want to really enjoy music, take advantage of the HD audio with blu ray and a hint of that "thump" with the sub. I am mindful of my neighbors in the building as well as having very good hearing. Btw, the eXL 16's do have a slightly forward sound to the tweeters but have relatively okay midrange and surprisingly good low midrange (what they consider bass).

Would the Veritas 6.2 be a better best than the 5.1 bookshelfs? I have read that some find the bookshelfs to be overall better sounding. I am also curious as to whether the smaller sub Energy offers is any good or just stick with my old Kipsch 10 inch.

Thanks again
post #42122 of 51471
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

I have then on ebay for sale.A 29 weeks premature baby girl is coming home soon and the movie room will be her room,I don't have any space to keep then but I was undecided which one to keep, If the RC-70 or the VERITAS 6.3, It was a really hard decision.

Congrats! And welcome to the club! I hope the baby and her mother are well. Now take some deserved family time. These are very unique moments to appreciate fully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

However, if you are near a Fry's and can grab a pair of RC-70 for the $350 each sale price (assuming that's for real) then that is an unbeatable option.

If those prices are real yeah, hard to beat, although it will probably be much harder to find matching LCRs and RC-10s from now on. So if it's only for 2-channel music, then okay, but the Veritas is a safer proposition if a 5.1 system is the goal down the road.
post #42123 of 51471
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

I have then on ebay for sale.A 29 weeks premature baby girl is coming home soon and the movie room will be her room,I don't have any space to keep then but I was undecided which one to keep, If the RC-70 or the VERITAS 6.3, It was a really hard decision.

Wishing you & the best with your new baby girl
post #42124 of 51471
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

I think the RC-70's will sell quicker. Nobody knows much about the V6.3's.


No doubt about it ,already 5 watchers on ebay smile.gif


thank you baron2 and neutro.smile.gif
Edited by losservatore - 11/23/12 at 7:42pm
post #42125 of 51471
Quote:
Originally Posted by advil_yum View Post

Damn you American's! wink.gif
$350 would be insane... I think the lowest I've seen them in Canada was $400.
--edit; also, couldn't you buy them now and price match them when or if they do go on sale?
I've always been tempted to upgrade from my RC-50's, but can never pull the trigger. I can't justify the extra cost in my poor room set-up at this time. Plus, being in Canada, I have to rely on a a few Ameri-friends which thankfully has worked out pretty well in the past.

I guess I could but why spend $1600 plus tax if I don't have to? I only live 5 minutes from Fry's so its easy for me to get there when the sale happens. Besides the line was ridiculously long on Black Friday. Didnt want to stand there for 30+ minutes for full price speakers.
post #42126 of 51471
Frys is selling then for $799 each speaker.I though the $799 was the total for a pair.
post #42127 of 51471
Hello all..

wow rc 70 for 350 holy cow wished i lived in the usa sometimes but most of the time im happy up here in Canada.. 1250 reg for rc70 each.. but the good news is i just bought the

6.3 veritas and veritas 10 in sub in a package deal at less than 1/2 price in Canada.. 999 and 999 and 499 for 2499 awesome price for me .. listen in the store with a crappy listen area
and the show room speakers had a pushed in dome tweaters... 5 times i went in .. i cant really afford to send more cash...

really love totems with some mcintosh amps.. out of my wallet tho...

the 6.3 sounded way better than the rc 70s... i will try em out in my home and can take em back up until jan 5/13 if not happy..

i also picke up the denon 3313ci for 999 as well 25% off the speakers are coming in about a week been playing with the new avr... multQx thingy worked awesome on the old speakers..

setting up the acoustics of the room..


My question will the denon 3313ci have enough power to run the 6.3 veritas at 125 watts or it can bi amp assign to 250 watts but drops down to a 5.1 system.. or is the bi amping not even enought power????

hope to get some replies..

thanks
post #42128 of 51471
Biamping from the receiver doesn't give you 250 watts.
post #42129 of 51471
My 5.1 setup includes a pair of RC-70s up front, RC-10s as surrounds, a RC-LCR center and a Sony Sawm40 subwoofer. I'm using a Sony STR-DG820 receiver. I have my receiver set to Large for the RC-70s. Should I set the RC-LCR to small or large on my receiver?
Thanks
post #42130 of 51471
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post



the 6.3 sounded way better than the rc 70s... i will try em out in my home and can take em back up until jan 5/13 if not happy..


I wouldn't said that the veritas sound way better,I own both setups they have different sound characteristics.veritas have a foward sound over the rc-70 that have a laid back warm sound.

Is all about preference.
Edited by losservatore - 11/24/12 at 4:58pm
post #42131 of 51471
I will say this Dark Side Of The Moon & A Farewell To Kings ( Rush ) Even Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush Live & Stevie Ray Vaughan really sound good on my RC-70's hooked up to an old 1970's Pioneer Amplifier. I have found that the RC-70's are a very versital speaker no matter what your listening taste are. If you havent bought into them yet do so before the opportunity is no longer available. Yes there are better speakers out there but the price point these sell for there is nothing close.
Edited by baron2 - 11/24/12 at 2:53pm
post #42132 of 51471
Where should I set the crossover for energy rc70s rc10s rclcr and a Sony sawm40 sub?
Thanks
post #42133 of 51471
Hello everyone,

I posted a while back about having a new home built and incorporating quad Energy S10.3's in the new place and wanted to share my experience so far in a dedicated thread. I have a lot to do before the final word is in. Have a great day. smile.gif

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1441048/quad-subwoofers-in-real-world-living-room
post #42134 of 51471
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddRiffic View Post

Hello everyone,
I posted a while back about having a new home built and incorporating quad Energy S10.3's in the new place and wanted to share my experience so far in a dedicated thread. I have a lot to do before the final word is in. Have a great day. smile.gif
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1441048/quad-subwoofers-in-real-world-living-room

Nice ToddRiffic
post #42135 of 51471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Wadian View Post

Where should I set the crossover for energy rc70s rc10s rclcr and a Sony sawm40 sub?
Thanks

I've got two RC50's, RC-LCR, RC-10's, RC-mini's and two S10.3 subs. I set the crossover to 80 Hz., all speakers to small so the subs take responsibility for 80Hz and below.

I would think you'd want to use the sub as much as is possible.
post #42136 of 51471
Thank you. Will my RC70s, RC10s, and RCLCR sound any better with the grills on or off?
post #42137 of 51471
It shouldn't make much of a difference. Do you have the speakers? If so, why not take them off and see for yourself what you like more?
post #42138 of 51471
Ok let me try this again, since no one commented on my last post. I'm looking at a a pair of Veritas V-6.2 and a Veritas V-5.2 to replace my Energy C-100 pair and a Energy C-C100 center channel speakers. I'm guessing this is a pretty big upgrade they are still on sale at World Wide Audio. I'm assuming these are the new Veritas vs the older ones are they still as big an upgrade for me? Any help guys would be appreciated. I really like the sound I have now, but if I can have a bit better sound for under a grand I'm in. I'm just running a 5.1 setup. I have a pair of the old Radio Shack Minimus 7's as my rears. They work fine and they are unobtrusive. I'm just thinking the Veritas's would add some much needed punch to the front side of things?

Thanks,

Bill
post #42139 of 51471
Quote:
I'm assuming these are the new Veritas vs the older ones are they still as big an upgrade for me? Any help guys would be appreciated. I really like the sound I have now, but if I can have a bit better sound for under a grand I'm in.

If you mean older Veritas as in the speakers produced 10+ years ago yes these are much newer. The V series came out in the last year or two. They will be MUCH BETTER than the C-100 and C-C100 you currently own. I had those C series speakers and sold them all. They sounded a little muffled to me. The V6.2 and V5.2 will be clearer sounding and have a much better build quality, close to furniture grade build with its glossy finish.

A huge upgrade over what you currently own.
post #42140 of 51471
What's the question? If all you want is confirmation that the Veritas will be a major upgrade then the answer is a resounding yes. The only thing to be aware of is that the new Veritas are considerably brighter than the C series speakers you currently have, which have a somewhat recessed treble.
post #42141 of 51471
Thanks guys that's what i thought but I wanted to be sure. Are these the best that Energy offers anymore?

Thanks,

Bill
post #42142 of 51471
yeah, they're the best current models.Everything else is pretty much discontinued. The V6.3 is better if you're willing to pay the higher price.

unfortunately you're a little late to the game.
post #42143 of 51471
Hi...

so if i bi amp a denon 3313 ci to my v6.3s it wont give me 250 watts..

could you please tell what if would give me??

thanks
post #42144 of 51471
where did you see rc70s in Canada for 400 each?

was it off the back of a truck ?

thanks
post #42145 of 51471
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

Hi...

so if i bi amp a denon 3313 ci to my v6.3s it wont give me 250 watts..

could you please tell what if would give me??

thanks

Receiver bi-amping gives you nothing. Don't even worry about it. The 3313 will have no trouble driving the Veritas, in all likelihood you will be using less than 10 watts unless you have a huge room and are driving the speakers to theater levels.
post #42146 of 51471
Thanks Afrog, yes I know I'm late to the game but i think they would still be a very nice improvement over what I'm currently using. you seem to concur. Just because they are now designed by kiplich isn't a reason to shy away from them is it? i realize they aren't the Energy speakers of old but I guess my concern is, am i making a good move here? I can easily afford these speakers though the wife may not speak to me for a week when the card comes lol. That's not necessarily a bad thing!

Bill
post #42147 of 51471
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post

where did you see rc70s in Canada for 400 each?
was it off the back of a truck ?
thanks

For the past 2 or 3 years FutureShop gets a boatload of RC-70s and sells them during the holidays for $500 each. Last year at least most of the remainder were in clearance fo $475 each first, then $400 , in January then February. The price shot back to MSRP in late spring. No warranty that the same situation will repeat itself this year but if you're in the market it's worth waiting a month.

However FutureShop did not offer any other speaker in the RC series. In the past as a Canadian you had to go to the US but now they're just unavailable. So alright for a 2-channel setup put not so for a 5.1 setup.
post #42148 of 51471
Quote:
Originally Posted by billlh View Post

Thanks Afrog, yes I know I'm late to the game but i think they would still be a very nice improvement over what I'm currently using. you seem to concur. Just because they are now designed by kiplich isn't a reason to shy away from them is it? i realize they aren't the Energy speakers of old but I guess my concern is, am i making a good move here? I can easily afford these speakers though the wife may not speak to me for a week when the card comes lol. That's not necessarily a bad thing!
Bill

We've already told you it is a good move. Much better speakers than your C-100, C-C100. Go for it!
post #42149 of 51471
Yes i know you did but you also said I was a little late to the game and I wasn't really sure what you meant by that? I looked at the 6.3's also and they are available still but are 700 more then the 6.2's i just don't see the need for a three way since I have a good sub woofer now. Sorry not trying to be annoying here, I just like to get good value for my money and i like to weigh all the options before I move on something. the C-100's and the C-C100 i bought a few years ago were well worth it at the time and the money I had available. But I would like to update them now. I was also a bit concerned that they weren't as good since Kiplich took them over. Anyway thanks for the help.

Bill
post #42150 of 51471
Quote:
Originally Posted by billlh View Post

Yes i know you did but you also said I was a little late to the game and I wasn't really sure what you meant by that? I looked at the 6.3's also and they are available still but are 700 more then the 6.2's i just don't see the need for a three way since I have a good sub woofer now. Sorry not trying to be annoying here, I just like to get good value for my money and i like to weigh all the options before I move on something. the C-100's and the C-C100 i bought a few years ago were well worth it at the time and the money I had available. But I would like to update them now. I was also a bit concerned that they weren't as good since Kiplich took them over. Anyway thanks for the help.

Bill


With a 3 way speaker what you really benefit is on vocals.The veritas do not have the klipsch sound.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread