or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Energy Owners Thread - Page 1427

post #42781 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx View Post

Guys, what do you think would be a good center channel stand for my LCR?
]

I would get this one

http://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Systems-NFC18B-Natural-Foundations/dp/B001I70XZ6/ref=sr_1_29?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1356632104&sr=1-29

Here's what mine looks like with the LCR on it, I got the Cherry color but it comes in black obviously.
post #42782 of 51536
Hello fellow audio enjoyers, I am requesting a recommendation for 2.0 speakers. I am currently running Energy Take 5's and a BIC F12 sub through a Pioneer VSX-1021K, which is a 7.1 reciever. I would like to get better sound for music (mainly metal and rap) out of my FR and FL speakers, so I am looking for recommendations for either bookshelf or tower speakers to add to my current setup. I would then be using the current front speakers as "Front High's", or moving them to the rear for more surround.

Energy speakers that sort of match would be a plus, but not totally necessary. Budget can go up to $200. Alright, thanks.
Edited by stevman17 - 12/27/12 at 11:00am
post #42783 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaR3D View Post

I would get this one
http://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Systems-NFC18B-Natural-Foundations/dp/B001I70XZ6/ref=sr_1_29?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1356632104&sr=1-29
Here's what mine looks like with the LCR on it, I got the Cherry color but it comes in black obviously.

Thanks. For $20 more I can just get the Steel Foundations Version which matches my set. My gripe with the wood series was the amount of weight they could hold. The LCRs were heavy.
post #42784 of 51536

Ha ha "Energy" is now being sold in Wal Mart
post #42785 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by advil_yum View Post

Well, I posted a few days ago about the RC-70's at Future Shop's boxing day sale and how I wasn't and couldn't pull the trigger on the upgrade from my RC-50's. Well, I lied. rolleyes.gif I did pull the trigger... tongue.gif
I'm sure that I *won't* hear much difference between these and my current 50's because of my unfortunate room set up, but I thought about it and thought about it, and I just couldn't pass them up again knowing that it very well could be the last time we see these brand new and at these prices. When I bought the 50's my plead to my wife was "I'll never need speakers again after these" or something along those lines.... She reminded me about what I said when I mentioned these. rolleyes.gif Well, these 70's will surely be "the last speakers I ever need"! Someone on here please remind me of this!
I can't wait to get them into a better room situation to enjoy them more fully.... Now to sell the RC-50's - or keep them?? hahaha
Anyone in the Kitchener-Waterloo area interested in a pair of 1 year old RC-50's? wink.gif
Edit: Really hoping they drop to $400/each again too! biggrin.gif

I made the same upgrade a year or so ago. I kept the 50's, put them in a separate room and run them as zone 2 speakers off my avr. Very glad I did. Definitely worth keeping imo, unless you need the cash or waf.
post #42786 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post


Ha ha "Energy" is now being sold in Wal Mart


wow this is sad...energy at Walmart.
post #42787 of 51536
FYI for anyone in the market for a Veritas V5.2, wwstereo has both colors available for $170 after promo code VER52WW. Easily the cheapest I've seen them.

http://www.wwstereo.com/Energy/V5.2CPIANB

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
post #42788 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post


Ha ha "Energy" is now being sold in Wal Mart
maybe that's the "exciting new news" that energy was promising on their facebook page for 2013
post #42789 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post

maybe that's the "exciting new news" that energy was promising on their facebook page for 2013

[GAGGING]
post #42790 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by benunc View Post

FYI for anyone in the market for a Veritas V5.2, wwstereo has both colors available for $170 after promo code VER52WW. Easily the cheapest I've seen them.
http://www.wwstereo.com/Energy/V5.2CPIANB
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thanks for that. i picked up a pair.
post #42791 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Just to be clear -- let's distinguish here between the "crossover" knob on the subwoofer itself (which is usually actually a low-pass filter, or LPF) and the crossover setting in the receiver. When you use a subwoofer with a modern digital processor, you want to either disable the LPF on the sub or crank it all the way to the max, so you get it out of the way. You don't want "overlapping" filters, because the receiver is handling the bass management digitally. So the "crossover" on the sub itself should be taken out of the loop (either by bypassing or by maxing it out) and then you set the crossover digitally in the receiver.

Thank you for that explanation. I have RC-Micros (5.1 set) hooked up to a yamaha RX-V665 and just discovered that I had the receiver set to 80hz but the sub knob set on 150... I Knew I was missing something in the sound, just mistakenly wrote it off to the size of the micros...

Unfortunately, I have been bit by the upgrade bug, even though I discovered the largest part of my dissatisfaction was my fault. I have been looking at the V-minis(5.0 set) and the V5.2-c's (L/C/R). my questions are:

Will I perceive a $600 difference in quality stepping up to the v-minis or would I be better suited dropping $500 on three V5.2-C's? (Priced @ WWStereo)

Also, will I have a problem pushing 3x v5.2-c's speakers on my RX-V665. I understand that it's rated power output of 90w is a little exaggerated (also learned that in this thread). Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Note: My speakers are setup in a 18'x12' living room space that is open to the right of the listening area. Single family home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benunc View Post

FYI for anyone in the market for a Veritas V5.2, wwstereo has both colors available for $170 after promo code VER52WW. Easily the cheapest I've seen them.
http://www.wwstereo.com/Energy/V5.2CPIANB
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thank you very much for sharing that.
post #42792 of 51536
If you've got room for three V5.2C's by all means get those instead of the V-Minis. That's not even a fair fight.

You'll have no problem driving the V5.2 speakers with your Yamaha unless you play it at reference level all day long. Those V5.2 speakers have sensitivity of 93db which will be easy for your receiver to handle. Plus you have a sub to perform low frequency duties.
post #42793 of 51536
After briefly looking and the last few pages of post, I am having some penis envy. I picked up a Denon AVR 1713 receiver with the Energy Take Classic 5.1 speaker system. Purchased everything with warranty for well under $1000. Far less then what some of you audiophiles are paying, but a start for me coming from a 6 year old HTIB.

I have gone through the setup process and have everything arranged. The biggest hurdle was the wires. I have 14 gauge wire on order for the speakers but had to temporarily go with the left over wire from my old HTIB. I am thinking the wire is 18 gauge or more. Definitely really thin and cheap looking.

I am currently watching The Lord of the Rings to try to experience the sound and benefits of the receiver and new speakers. I am "sort of" impressed as it sits. Definitely clear and feels more immerse then my old setup. I am just wondering if the 14 gauge wire I have on order will enhance my experience? Or is there a better way to calibrate/enhance the sound other then the auto-setup? I want to push my system and TV to their extremes and experience all their benefits.

I am kind of new with this whole individual audio setup and would appreciate any advice from people with more knowledge then I.


My current system:
60" Panasonic ST50
Denon AVR 1713
Energy Take Classic 5.1
PS3
post #42794 of 51536
I doubt if the new speaker wires will take you from "sort of" impressed to Wow! Larger speakers would do that.

How big is the room?
post #42795 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by benunc View Post

FYI for anyone in the market for a Veritas V5.2, wwstereo has both colors available for $170 after promo code VER52WW. Easily the cheapest I've seen them.
http://www.wwstereo.com/Energy/V5.2CPIANB
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Damn. How does this compare to RC-10s up front and more specifically, RC-LCR?
post #42796 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

I doubt if the new speaker wires will take you from "sort of" impressed to Wow! Larger speakers would do that.
How big is the room?

Not large. Guessing around 15' x 10'

The more I watch the more I'm starting to smile. A few heavy rain scenes really showed the clarity I was looking/listening for.
post #42797 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080pee View Post

Damn. How does this compare to RC-10s up front and more specifically, RC-LCR?

I have RC-10s up front with a RC LCR and love them but since you can't get them anymore this is a very good deal.

I'd rather have 3 RC LCR's across the front because of the dual midrange in that speaker.

The V series and RC series are different speakers which has been well covered in this owners forum. V series is a little brighter sounding but better fit and finish. RC series is mellower, more laid back soundng. Its a personal preference which one you would like better.
post #42798 of 51536
I took some advice on here and went and listened to some speakers. I am liking the CF-70s and am thinking of doing a pair of those for my fronts with either a CC-10 or CC-5 for the center and then the Take Classic satellites for the rears (7.1). I still need to decide on a sub. My question is twofold 1) What is a good price to shoot for on the CF-70s? It seems like $545 is the going price right now and 2) Why are these Energy speakers so hard to find? It seems there are very few places to get them. Are they being discontinued?
post #42799 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

I have RC-10s up front with a RC LCR and love them but since you can't get them anymore this is a very good deal.
I'd rather have 3 RC LCR's across the front because of the dual midrange in that speaker.
The V series and RC series are different speakers which has been well covered in this owners forum. V series is a little brighter sounding but better fit and finish. RC series is mellower, more laid back soundng. Its a personal preference which one you would like better.

Okay thanks for the info. I already have the RCs but I could have easily sold them and bought the V set. I'll probably just stick with the RCs since I like them.
post #42800 of 51536
If you get the CF 70s definitely get the larger CC 10 center. The CC 5 will be inadequate for those big towers.

Don't know what current pricing is, but the difficulty in finding inventory is because of these lines being discontinued. The recent CF and Veritas lines were brought out under Klipsch ownership... Since Audiovox bought them out, it's anyone's guess wtf is going on there. The only new products that have come out are little computer speakers and sound bars.

All that said... I would scrap your plans and buy three of the V5.2C's for your front soundstage. Check the link a few posts up -- you can snag three for $510, that is a ridiculous price and the Veritas speakers are much higher quality than the Connoisseurs. That's cheaper than the pair of CF 70s for three superior, perfectly matched speakers. Spend the savings on an awesome sub and/or better surrounds.
post #42801 of 51536
First thing, don't get a CC-5 with those large towers, get the CC-10.

Is that $545 each for the CF-70? Way too much if that is what you're seeing. They used to go on sale for $200 each, no way I'd pay $545. If you're looking to spend $500 each start looking at some other brands.
Quote:
Why are these Energy speakers so hard to find? It seems there are very few places to get them. Are they being discontinued?

Because Klipsch/Audiovox is ruining the brand. RC series is discontinued a the CF/CB series is on the way out too.
post #42802 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Is that $545 each for the CF-70? Way too much if that is what you're seeing. They used to go on sale for $200 each, no way I'd pay $545. If you're looking to spend $500 each start looking at some other brands.

Yes, they are $545 each at Vanns, Best Buy, WW Stereo, Amazon, etc. If they are being discontinued, I would hope to find them cheaper, but these prices are super high.
post #42803 of 51536
They've been discontinued for quite some time. Maybe stock is so low now that they're going to gouge everyone for the remaining speakers.

You could always ask for a manager at Best Buy and see how low they're willing to go.

Or get some KEF iQ90's for $329 each.
http://www.kefdirect.com/iq90-floorstanding-loudspeaker.html
post #42804 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

If you've got room for three V5.2C's by all means get those instead of the V-Minis. That's not even a fair fight.
You'll have no problem driving the V5.2 speakers with your Yamaha unless you play it at reference level all day long. Those V5.2 speakers have sensitivity of 93db which will be easy for your receiver to handle. Plus you have a sub to perform low frequency duties.

Thank you for your feedback and thank you to all the regulars that help us less knowledgable. The information and perspectives that you provide really are appreciated.
post #42805 of 51536
Then you're going to jump on those Veritas? I sure would at that price, and that special code won't last long.
post #42806 of 51536
Well I just made an impulse buy on that deal. Bought 3 of them. I hope this fixes my issue of constantly having to turn the volume up and down when watching a movie with my wife. That's even with room treatments everywhere and the range compression on my receiver. For that price its worth a try. Coming from polk monitor 60s and cs2 center.
post #42807 of 51536
Hi,

I posted a few months ago on my setup: Denon 1912 and the Take 5 Classic set. Since then i upgraded the TV from a Sony Bravia 40" LCD to a wonderful samsung UN55EH6050 which i totally love.


Before

2012-06-12 17.46.54.jpg

After



Now i wanted to upgrade the three front speakers to a pair of RC 10s and a RC LCR but...i waited too long and now they're gone.

So i need you guys for advice:

A fellow forumer was selling me for a very good price a pair of RC 70 towers and the CC -10, and like a said a very good deal, but was two much for me right now, since i had to shell some cash for the TV and a new AC unit for the condo.

What are my options?

Energy Veritas V5.2 center speaker pair with CB 10s or CB20s?

I'd like to keep it around $500.00 for these three speakers if possible, bear in mind i'll still have to pay for shipping to Panama (where i live).

Forgot, i'm gona have my woodworker make me a custom TV riser, which i need now and i'll need more once a i get the bigger CC speaker.

Any help is welcome.
post #42808 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeppelin75 View Post

Hi,
I posted a few months ago on my setup: Denon 1912 and the Take 5 Classic set. Since then i upgraded the TV from a Sony Bravia 40" LCD to a wonderful samsung UN55EH6050 which i totally love.
Before
2012-06-12 17.46.54.jpg
After

Now i wanted to upgrade the three front speakers to a pair of RC 10s and a RC LCR but...i waited too long and now they're gone.
So i need you guys for advice:
A fellow forumer was selling me for a very good price a pair of RC 70 towers and the CC -10, and like a said a very good deal, but was two much for me right now, since i had to shell some cash for the TV and a new AC unit for the condo.
What are my options?
Energy Veritas V5.2 center speaker pair with CB 10s or CB20s?
I'd like to keep it around $500.00 for these three speakers if possible, bear in mind i'll still have to pay for shipping to Panama (where i live).
Forgot, i'm gona have my woodworker make me a custom TV riser, which i need now and i'll need more once a i get the bigger CC speaker.
Any help is welcome.
WOW that TV looks great!! You could get 3 of these http://www.wwstereo.com/Energy/V5.2CPIANB Use promo code VER52WW and they are $170 each. I know its above your budget but It is a nice upgrade from what you have.
post #42809 of 51536
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post

WOW that TV looks great!! You could get 3 of these http://www.wwstereo.com/Energy/V5.2CPIANB Use promo code VER52WW and they are $170 each. I know its above your budget but It is a nice upgrade from what you have.

So you are saying that with that promo code i can get al, three of them for $510.00?, not bad. And this particular speaker works great for FL and FR speakers?
post #42810 of 51536
Ahhhhh, i hate you guys, i just pulled the plug on these Energy Veritas 5.2 speakers, three of them, for $510.00 i couldn't resist. Gonna have to pay close to 170.00 for shipping to Panama and get the TV riser, but who cares! Yeyyyyy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread