or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Energy Owners Thread - Page 1526

post #45751 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan__ View Post

I posted a short while back about my dilemma for my den.

And as far as the RC-LCR goes, it's black and it's new, (though the box was opened by me upon receipt from Vann's many months ago. I have a rosenut one in use now that I'd expect to keep to use with the RC-70s.) Do you think I could I expect to get about $375 for the black one? (I'm trying to keep my expenditures as close to (or below) $200 as much as possible.

Thanks,

Dan

I sold my RC-LCR on eBay recently for 350. But I had no takers on this forum for that price. Good luck.
post #45752 of 51540
This defiantly isn't the best place to considering selling your items. If anything it's one of the worse lol.
post #45753 of 51540
^^^^^100% Im selling my denon avr 1911 at the classified and you dont want to know the offers, last offer was $150 free shipping.biggrin.gif

Im including everything remote,calibration mic,antenna,manual ,original box.
post #45754 of 51540
I've actually had good luck here. I bought and sold my RC-50s and RC-mini center here. I sold my CF-70s, CC-10 and CB-5s here as well. Right time, right place and I've dealt with some good people. Good luck with your sale!
post #45755 of 51540
post #45756 of 51540
Is this a huge upgrade for my surround? I am using v mini for my surround now. If i upgrade on this speakers is it a huge upgrade?

I am planning to buy these mordaunt short carnival 2 as a replacement for my v minis as surrounds.
post #45757 of 51540

Seems like the ad is very misleading. In the end he is asking $1150 for a pair of RC-R's. The title seems to list a whole slew of speakers though.

I kick myself for not buying these when they were $280 a pair. No biggie though.
post #45758 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

Is this a huge upgrade for my surround? I am using v mini for my surround now. If i upgrade on this speakers is it a huge upgrade?

I am planning to buy these mordaunt short carnival 2 as a replacement for my v minis as surrounds.

I think they would be very nice surrounds, but IMO, VERY over-priced. I think the seller (who might be on here from time to time, if I remember correctly) is banking on the fact that those speakers are very rare and is hoping that somebody is willing to pay that type of money to round out their RC set up.
post #45759 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Seems like the ad is very misleading. In the end he is asking $1150 for a pair of RC-R's. The title seems to list a whole slew of speakers though.

I kick myself for not buying these when they were $280 a pair. No biggie though.

I agree; that title certainly got my attention! To be fair, the seller spells it out pretty clearly in the description that he is selling two speakers.

$280 a pair?!? I must have missed that one. smile.gif
post #45760 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl4004 View Post

I think they would be very nice surrounds, but IMO, VERY over-priced. I think the seller (who might be on here from time to time, if I remember correctly) is banking on the fact that those speakers are very rare and is hoping that somebody is willing to pay that type of money to round out their RC set up.
Like more or less how much should i get those used mordaunt short carnival 2? Any rough idea?
post #45761 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

Like more or less how much should i get those used mordaunt short carnival 2? Any rough idea?

I've never heard those speakers, so I really don't know. I've looked into them in the past and they seem pretty nice. They'd most likely play a little deeper than the minis, but that's about all I can speculate about them...sorry.
post #45762 of 51540
I own the Carnival 2's, IMO they're fantastic little speakers and I believe the price he's asking is fair. The seller and I bought ours at about the same time, we were gushing about them in parallel on several conversations. I also had both the Carnival 2 and RC-10 in my home at the same time, they share similar characteristics. I think they'd make fine surrounds, possibly decent fronts for a small space. I use them on my desktop as both computer speakers and for audio. If interested, here's my experience.

If I were looking for what I think would be a very nice budget 7.1 system I'd buy arshishb's Carnival 2's and use them as fronts with this from accessories4less.
post #45763 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk View Post

I own the Carnival 2's, IMO they're fantastic little speakers and I believe the price he's asking is fair. The seller and I bought ours at about the same time, we were gushing about them in parallel on several conversations. I also had both the Carnival 2 and RC-10 in my home at the same time, they share similar characteristics. I think they'd make fine surrounds, possibly decent fronts for a small space. I use them on my desktop as both computer speakers and for audio. If interested, here's my experience.

If I were looking for what I think would be a very nice budget 7.1 system I'd buy arshishb's Carnival 2's and use them as fronts with this from accessories4less.
So he is selling for $150. Is that a good price? How much brand new for those? I am wondering how those speakers sounds for surrounds and what kind of stand need to be use?
post #45764 of 51540
What did I just say? wink.gif Yes, for $150 that's a good price. The Mordaunt Short are nice speakers, reviewed well by both publications and individuals, and I still see people looking for them. As for stands, probably any decent speaker stand that puts the midrange at ear level from where you will be sitting, they're a little over 10 lbs. I paid $250, I think they retailed for $299.
post #45765 of 51540
Hey guys, I'll sell my rosenut RC-10s for $2000!! They are totally unavailable now and rare! I might be willing to entertain a little less though so make an offer, $1800 or so. Why can't things appreciate instead of depreciate right?

RC-10 RC-30 RC-50 RC-70 Veritas Connoisseur Reference Bargain Value Affordable Paradigm B&W Keyword Keyword Keyword
post #45766 of 51540
+2000

biggrin.gif
post #45767 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Hey guys, I'll sell my rosenut RC-10s for $2000!! They are totally unavailable now and rare! I might be willing to entertain a little less though so make an offer, $1800 or so. Why can't things appreciate instead of depreciate right?

RC-10 RC-30 RC-50 RC-70 Veritas Connoisseur Reference Bargain Value Affordable Paradigm B&W Keyword Keyword Keyword

O man...i literally lol'd. tongue.gif

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
post #45768 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc88keyz View Post


An Apple TV2 goes for 3 1/2 times its worth which should be about $60 bucks on a consumer depreciated market.

Why would an Apple TV2 be going for that price when you can get the 3rd generation for $99 new, which is better as it has 1080p vs the 720p in the 2nd generation?
post #45769 of 51540
Energy RC-R = Stradivarius

Umm, no.
post #45770 of 51540
Hey losservatore, I think the problem is that you aren't asking enough. You need to raise the price of that AVR-1911 to double the original msrp, since it is a discontinued model somebody might REALLY want it.
post #45771 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Hey losservatore, I think the problem is that you aren't asking enough. You need to raise the price of that AVR-1911 to double the original msrp, since it is a discontinued model somebody might REALLY want it.

losservatore, in honor of the language barrier, he is TOTALLY KIDDING smile.gif Just so you know smile.gif
post #45772 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc88keyz View Post

you can always buy low and sell hi batpig,

pawn shops do it every day.

Here is a scenario: pawn shop buys vintage guitar for 800, sells for 1600, buyer of guitar from pawnshop sells guitar for 2350.

Things do appreciate if bought at the right price.

I am a musician,

I bought an instrument in 2007 for 1600 - 30 percent bing cash back, In 2012 i sold it for 2200 something (five years of studio use only)

Then i turned around and bought a 5 year newer model for 1800. that was 3700 retail. I bet the pawn shop took it in for $900-1100 max.

and the cycle will likely continue, It will be worth $2400-2500 still in 4-5 years should I desire to upgrade.

The point is you are trying to take advantage of people because a particular item isnt readily available. I love the "pawn shops do it everyday" line as if that justifies your actions..tsk tsk. Pawn shops also readily accept and sell goods obtained thru home invasions..sometimes with full knowledge of it being obtained in that manner. I guess that makes it ok because hey.."pawn shops do it everyday." eek.gif

Here is another good slogan you might wanna consider.."just because it CAN be done, doesnt mean it is TO be done." You can drive your car with your feet if ya want to..but that doesnt make it a good idea..
Edited by Sousa86 - 3/15/13 at 1:23am
post #45773 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousa86 View Post

The point is you are trying to take advantage of people because a particular item isnt readily available. I love the "pawn shops do it everyday" line as if that justifies your actions..tsk tsk. Pawn shops also readily accept and sell goods obtained thru home invasions..sometimes with full knowledge of it being obtained in that manner. I guess that makes it ok because hey.."pawn shops do it everyday." eek.gif

Here is another good slogan you might wanna consider.."just because it CAN be done, doesnt mean it is TO be done." You can drive your car with your feet if ya want to..but that doesnt make it a good idea..

I agree. I would love to get a hold of those speakers as surrounds but I don't think I would even pay half of what the seller is asking for. There comes a point where you have to ask yourself, "is it really worth it?" In this case, definitely not.
post #45774 of 51540
ok, so i guess its not worth it to buy those mordaunt from the classified ads! can someone chip in here or help me to find/look for a replacement for my v mini for my surrounds?any recommendations are welcome. thanks.
post #45775 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

^^^^^100% Im selling my denon avr 1911 at the classified and you dont want to know the offers, last offer was $150 free shipping.biggrin.gif

Im including everything remote,calibration mic,antenna,manual ,original box.

$150 before shipping isnt all that off from the I think it should go for. I paid $350 for my 1911 brand new and it must be 2 years old now. I've seen 1612's and 1613's going for $150-200 on craigslist here.

But I agree, I sure wouldnt sell my 1911 for $150 shipped.


LOL.....$1200 with shipping! Thats a good one. I cant get over what people ask for stuff on ebay. Do they really think they are going to get those prices? rolleyes.gif
post #45776 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

ok, so i guess its not worth it to buy those mordaunt from the classified ads! can someone chip in here or help me to find/look for a replacement for my v mini for my surrounds?any recommendations are welcome. thanks.

can you provide some info on what you are looking for? What is it you dont like about the mini's as surrounds?

Are you looking for a bigger, fuller speaker? Or a bipole/dipole design for the more immersed sound?

These details will help point you in the right direction.
post #45777 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc88keyz View Post

#duct tape off

I appreciate the personal character bashing from a few of you, although from some of you it was totally unexpected

Would would be nice at this point is some forum moderation.

Just clean up the last 10-15 post related to peoples opinions of what I do and how I do it.

I don't think that is too much to ask.

#duct tape on

Dude.... you know guys on this thread watch Ebay like dingos eyeing up a baby! Everyone is looking for a great deal on our favorite speakers... of which many times those links are posted on here. Likewise, when someone posts a price so outside the norm, it is going to get recognized also. You chose to try grab as much cash as you can for your speakers... so be it. But, don't be surprised or hurt when that action doesn't get a bunch of thumbs up on this particular thread!
post #45778 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

ok, so i guess its not worth it to buy those mordaunt from the classified ads! can someone chip in here or help me to find/look for a replacement for my v mini for my surrounds?any recommendations are welcome. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallerie View Post

can you provide some info on what you are looking for? What is it you dont like about the mini's as surrounds?

Are you looking for a bigger, fuller speaker? Or a bipole/dipole design for the more immersed sound?

These details will help point you in the right direction.

Caloyzki - What about matching the rc70's and v5.2c with 2 more v5.2c's for $199 each as surrounds (rosenut)? That would be a really good timbre match - in fact the best you could do for $400 (minus the return of the surrounds - $160) = $240. I am considering doing that....probably won't though. I did need to up my db a little on my vmini surrounds, but I think they are pretty good.
post #45779 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallerie View Post

can you provide some info on what you are looking for? What is it you dont like about the mini's as surrounds?

Are you looking for a bigger, fuller speaker? Or a bipole/dipole design for the more immersed sound?

These details will help point you in the right direction.
sorry, i think a little bigger to compensate my fronts RC 70's and V5.2C center. v minis are good. like maybe a little bigger and fuller for surrounds.
post #45780 of 51540
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

sorry, i think a little bigger to compensate my fronts RC 70's and V5.2C center. v minis are good. like maybe a little bigger and fuller for surrounds.

eah9's suggestion for 2 5.2c's is good. You have a closer tonal match and powerful speakers for surrounds.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread