or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Energy Owners Thread - Page 1540

post #46171 of 51446
If anyone is in dallas , Fort Wayne, Arlington, there might be a deal to be made on these.

http://goo.gl/JkUFb
post #46172 of 51446
hi its been a really rough weekend after 3 days at the hospital trying to control my heart rate now finally home, there is plan to do a ablation and I hope it would not get to that point ,well got home around 3 pm and there was the av receiver in the box well I decide to check if there was nothing wrong inside tomorrow i will post my impressions.


take care guys.
post #46173 of 51446
I have the v6.2 for my Fronts with the v5.2 center and VS Surrounds. I don't feel anything lacking but I also have a dedicated 12 inch sub crossed over at 80hz.
post #46174 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

hi its been a really rough weekend after 3 days at the hospital trying to control my heart rate now finally home, there is plan to do a ablation and I hope it would not get to that point ,well got home around 3 pm and there was the av receiver in the box well I decide to check if there was nothing wrong inside tomorrow i will post my impressions.


take care guys.

Best wishes, losservatore; I'll be looking forward to reading the post of your impressions!
post #46175 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

hi its been a really rough weekend after 3 days at the hospital trying to control my heart rate now finally home, there is plan to do a ablation and I hope it would not get to that point ,well got home around 3 pm and there was the av receiver in the box well I decide to check if there was nothing wrong inside tomorrow i will post my impressions.


take care guys.
Wow, I've heard of people being anxious to get their new gear, but never hospitalization tongue.gif

Jokes aside, all the best to you and your health.
post #46176 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

hi its been a really rough weekend after 3 days at the hospital trying to control my heart rate now finally home, there is plan to do a ablation and I hope it would not get to that point ,well got home around 3 pm and there was the av receiver in the box well I decide to check if there was nothing wrong inside tomorrow i will post my impressions.


take care guys.


at least you're home. hopefully everything will get worked out fast.
post #46177 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

hi its been a really rough weekend after 3 days at the hospital trying to control my heart rate now finally home, there is plan to do a ablation and I hope it would not get to that point ,well got home around 3 pm and there was the av receiver in the box well I decide to check if there was nothing wrong inside tomorrow i will post my impressions.


take care guys.


Wow. Sorry to hear of the rough few days. Pace and prioritize yourself my audio brother.
post #46178 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

hi its been a really rough weekend after 3 days at the hospital trying to control my heart rate now finally home, there is plan to do a ablation and I hope it would not get to that point ,well got home around 3 pm and there was the av receiver in the box well I decide to check if there was nothing wrong inside tomorrow i will post my impressions.


take care guys.

Losservatore - Please take care and thanks for all your contributions and help on this forum.
post #46179 of 51446
Has anyone tried running a veritas v-mini center speaker with energy cf-70's?
post #46180 of 51446
Its a much smaller speaker than the CF-70's but should sound okay. A CC-10 would be better though if you have the space.

I've run my RC Mini center with RC-70's and it does pretty well but the RC LCR is much bigger and better. RC Mini center is the same size and performance as the V Mini center.
post #46181 of 51446
I was wondering if running the v-mini would improve TV viewing or have no noticeable improvement due to its relative small size compared to the cf-70. The cc-10 will not fit in my TV stand and costs three times what the v-mini goes for at wwstereo. Basically just asking if I should by one or just run two channel stereo?
post #46182 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbuckwa View Post

Has anyone tried running a veritas v-mini center speaker with energy cf-70's?

You could try the v5.2 for $199 at vanns. Only in rosenut. Really great center imho. Dialogue is crystal clear. Might be too big though.
post #46183 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbuckwa View Post

Has anyone tried running a veritas v-mini center speaker with energy cf-70's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbuckwa View Post

I was wondering if running the v-mini would improve TV viewing or have no noticeable improvement due to its relative small size compared to the cf-70. The cc-10 will not fit in my TV stand and costs three times what the v-mini goes for at wwstereo. Basically just asking if I should by one or just run two channel stereo?

For the price, I would definitely go with a V-mini Center. Considering you don't have space for the CC-10 (which means not enough space for the RC-LCR or V5.2), the next best option would be either the CC-5 or the V-miniC. The V-miniC is higher quality in both build and sound. Also, I believe the CF-70 is less bright than the CF-30 or 50, so the slightly-more-bright-than-RC-series, mixed with the slightly-less-bright-than-C-towers, might mean a pretty good mix.
post #46184 of 51446
Thank you guys


I really appreciate your words of encouragement.


well I decide to plug the receiver with the help of my wife, I started to listen to various songs but still testing the receiver so far it sounds great! what I did notice is that the marantz slim have a different sound I dont want to get in to a conclusion but I will keep posting.smile.gif
post #46185 of 51446
Got the energy speakers all hooked up and mounted. Need some help on the set up. I am running (3) v-mini-c up front and a pair of take classics in the rear. I have paired them with an SVS PB 1000. After running Audyssey it set the crossovers at 70 front, 70 center, and 90 rear. Sounds like the minis should be in the 100-120 range(need confirmation), not sure on the take classics. I am running the sub at settings that the manual suggests, 10 o'clock position on the volume, phase at 0, low phase set to the LFE position.
post #46186 of 51446
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/3662799455.html

anybody heard about these speakers? are they good?
post #46187 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/3662799455.html

anybody heard about these speakers? are they good?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1188864/nht-superone-speakers
post #46188 of 51446
Quote:
last update since 2009 lol. maybe this is no good speakers. no one owns them.
post #46189 of 51446
All,
After owning the RC-70 for almost two years, my upgrade itch start to kick in and I have been audition few speakers at the dealers last few weeks which included the following :

PSB imagine T2, Synchrony one, Totem forest, B & W 804D.

For the sound, the B & W 804D is at the top of my list and the Synchrony one come distant (not close) second.

The 804D produces the best sound stage and bass. The Synchrony one has good bass but my wife and I just feel there are something missing about the sound stage.

And here are the funny parts, none of these speakers I mentioned above seems to sound better than my RC-70 at home. I am not sure if it was the setup at the dealers but both of dealers are high-end stores so I assume their setup should not be that bad! In case you asked, there is no in-home trial from both dealers. Am I crazy to feel like the RC-70 is on par or even better than these well-known speakers when properly setup?

I would liket to hear the RC-70 owners out there if they have similar experience

BTW, I plug all the ports and used two subwoofers for low-end bass if this make a difference.
post #46190 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmith115 View Post

Got the energy speakers all hooked up and mounted. Need some help on the set up. I am running (3) v-mini-c up front and a pair of take classics in the rear. I have paired them with an SVS PB 1000. After running Audyssey it set the crossovers at 70 front, 70 center, and 90 rear. Sounds like the minis should be in the 100-120 range(need confirmation), not sure on the take classics. I am running the sub at settings that the manual suggests, 10 o'clock position on the volume, phase at 0, low phase set to the LFE position.

You'll want the fronts around 80-100hZ and the rears at 120hZ. No way the Take Classics do 90 efficiently. Since you have such a precise hitting sub, you won't have to worry about giving more duty to the sub to "free up" your speakers.
post #46191 of 51446
Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macstatic View Post

You'll want the fronts around 80-100hZ and the rears at 120hZ. No way the Take Classics do 90 efficiently. Since you have such a precise hitting sub, you won't have to worry about giving more duty to the sub to "free up" your speakers.

Do you typically leave the trim levels where the Audyssey set up puts them at? After I ran the Audyssey yesterday it sounded like the rears were set too high, couldn't really hear the fronts.
post #46192 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by batt50 View Post

tell me about it. it happened today again :-).

Had to chime in. Looks awesome.
post #46193 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmith115 View Post

Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macstatic View Post

You'll want the fronts around 80-100hZ and the rears at 120hZ. No way the Take Classics do 90 efficiently. Since you have such a precise hitting sub, you won't have to worry about giving more duty to the sub to "free up" your speakers.

Do you typically leave the trim levels where the Audyssey set up puts them at? After I ran the Audyssey yesterday it sounded like the rears were set too high, couldn't really hear the fronts.

You might want to spend some time reading through the Audyssey FAQ's available: http://batpigworld.com/wp/?page_id=37

What you are hearing is the interaction of Dynamic EQ with non-film sources. You can reduce the effect of this by lowering the "reference level offset" parameter which is found in the Audyssey settings (not sure which receiver you have).

What source are you experiencing this with? Try a Blu-ray movie and see how it sounds.
post #46194 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

You might want to spend some time reading through the Audyssey FAQ's available: http://batpigworld.com/wp/?page_id=37

What you are hearing is the interaction of Dynamic EQ with non-film sources. You can reduce the effect of this by lowering the "reference level offset" parameter which is found in the Audyssey settings (not sure which receiver you have).

What source are you experiencing this with? Try a Blu-ray movie and see how it sounds.

I starting reading the audyssey reports on your website last night. I am using a Onkyo TXNR616 receiver. I noticed it more while just watching TV. If I adjust the level offset for TV watching will I have to adjust it back when watching movies?
post #46195 of 51446
I just wanted to update you all on my set-up. This is for folks that need very small speakers and want a more than satisfactory Home Theatre set-up. I am using the Energy V-mini Bookshelves as Front L/R and an Energy V-mini Center. I also have an unknown brand of in-walls for the surrounds and rear surrounds. I have 2 Klipsch RW-12d subs and all this is connected through a Denon AVR-791 using Audyssey.

We had family movie night and watched Rise of the Guardians. It was VERY impressive to say the least. Those small speakers did an excellent job. So if you are in need of a very petite set of front speakers and are easily satisfied, give these a try! My wife, who normally does not care at all about audio, actually said that it sounded amazing! smile.gif

We have Energy CB-20's and Energy CC-10 upstairs and the V-mini set is definitely more "clear" and detailed than those. Now I am trying to figure out why Energy is discontinuing these. confused.gif
post #46196 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmith115 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

You might want to spend some time reading through the Audyssey FAQ's available: http://batpigworld.com/wp/?page_id=37

What you are hearing is the interaction of Dynamic EQ with non-film sources. You can reduce the effect of this by lowering the "reference level offset" parameter which is found in the Audyssey settings (not sure which receiver you have).

What source are you experiencing this with? Try a Blu-ray movie and see how it sounds.

I starting reading the audyssey reports on your website last night. I am using a Onkyo TXNR616 receiver. I noticed it more while just watching TV. If I adjust the level offset for TV watching will I have to adjust it back when watching movies?

Not surprised it was TV viewing, that's what I suspected. The problem is that (1) TV programs are not mixed at the same reference level as movies, and also (2) many TV programs pump too much info into the surrounds because they are trying to sound more impressive through the typical HTIB speakers that most consumers have.

Honestly, I'm not sure if Onkyos allow you to save this setting independently for different sources. On Denon/Marantz receivers all of the Audyssey settings (EQ curve, Dyn EQ/Vol, Ref Level Offset, etc) are memorized for each source separately. It would be pretty simple to test though... go to your cable TV input, set the offset to 15dB, and then flip back to your Blu-ray input and check to see if it's still 0dB or if it's also 15dB.
post #46197 of 51446
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Not surprised it was TV viewing, that's what I suspected. The problem is that (1) TV programs are not mixed at the same reference level as movies, and also (2) many TV programs pump too much info into the surrounds because they are trying to sound more impressive through the typical HTIB speakers that most consumers have.

Honestly, I'm not sure if Onkyos allow you to save this setting independently for different sources. On Denon/Marantz receivers all of the Audyssey settings (EQ curve, Dyn EQ/Vol, Ref Level Offset, etc) are memorized for each source separately. It would be pretty simple to test though... go to your cable TV input, set the offset to 15dB, and then flip back to your Blu-ray input and check to see if it's still 0dB or if it's also 15dB.[g

Thanks for the feedback batpig. I will give that a shot tonight and advise.
post #46198 of 51446
Just saw one of the nicest deals I've seen in a long, long while...I'd buy them if I didn't just drop $650 on the exact same speakers / stands 4 months ago...

Veritas 2.2i's w/dedicated stands -- for a mere $350!!!
Checked with the seller -- still available, and they are indeed the 2.2i's.
Just for reference, the stands alone used to cost that much...and bolt directly into the speakers, since they're designed for the 2.2i's.

Hope somebody snags this deal -- I was tempted myself, even though I already have some!

Guarantee nothing will compare even remotely close to $350!!!

link:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/for/3700663114.html

PS - Someone post if you purchase these -- I'd love to know if they go to someone on here! smile.gif
post #46199 of 51446
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb4467 View Post

Just saw one of the nicest deals I've seen in a long, long while...I'd buy them if I didn't just drop $650 on the exact same speakers / stands 4 months ago...

Veritas 2.2i's w/dedicated stands -- for a mere $350!!!
Checked with the seller -- still available, and they are indeed the 2.2i's.
Just for reference, the stands alone used to cost that much...and bolt directly into the speakers, since they're designed for the 2.2i's.

Hope somebody snags this deal -- I was tempted myself, even though I already have some!

Guarantee nothing will compare even remotely close to $350!!!

link:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/for/3700663114.html

PS - Someone post if you purchase these -- I'd love to know if they go to someone on here! smile.gif

Great price. Those grilles look like 2.2's though. Anyway, with that price, someone should jump on them.
post #46200 of 51446
Hello,

I am considering connecting Energy Take Classic 5.1 system with my TV without a receiver. Anyone having this setup ..Or Receiver is a must ?

Best Regards
Amit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread