or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Energy Owners Thread - Page 1636

post #49051 of 51453
When I bought my RC 70's and LCR from Vann's a while back on sale, I'm pretty sure they still had the rosenut available for purchase. I went with the black ash. Now every time I see a pic of that beautiful finish I am kicking myself in the butt!
post #49052 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post


Is my rc 10 rosenut or cherry? Not really sure. Previous owner said it's cherry.but looks like rosenut.

You bought the ones from the guy in Bohemia?
post #49053 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

You bought the ones from the guy in Bohemia?
The guy from Bellport. He came to my house. Which is very nice of him.
post #49054 of 51453
Well if is the same time I bought my black RC 70 ,I only saw cherry towers available. That was at the beginning of last year. I don't remember any rosenut speakers even a year before that ,when I bought my RC 50 and RC 30.
Edited by losservatore - 8/28/13 at 12:10pm
post #49055 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

The guy from Bellport. He came to my house. Which is very nice of him.

You got a good deal then. I opted for a pair of CF30s to go with the CC-5 and CB-5s.
post #49056 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

You got a good deal then. I opted for a pair of CF30s to go with the CC-5 and CB-5s.
Yes. Coz i thought you gonna but it. Then he contact me right away.

Btw is my surround back is too high? I know my place are very limited.
post #49057 of 51453
I don't think it's too high at all. The surrounds are so close to your couch that having it elevated like that probably helps it "disappear" more instead of firing right into your ears.

How do the RC-10's blend with the Veritas?
post #49058 of 51453
anyone know the tweeter part# for the V-mini?

i got one thats dented in and was not described a such by ebay seller. Just trying to work something out with seller.

Thanks.
post #49059 of 51453
^^^^here is the ones that I order with the part number


Edited by losservatore - 8/28/13 at 2:30pm
post #49060 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

Yes. Coz i thought you gonna but it. Then he contact me right away.

Btw is my surround back is too high? I know my place are very limited.
Yeah it is. You better change all of your speakers again biggrin.gif
post #49061 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menasor View Post


You guys are welcome! Btw batpig I just noticed how many posts you and afrogt have amassed over the past few years eek.gif

But we're nowhere close to jdsmoothie. I think he's over 36,000.
post #49062 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

I don't think it's too high at all. The surrounds are so close to your couch that having it elevated like that probably helps it "disappear" more instead of firing right into your ears.
Yes too close for my couch. Coz of my limited space thats all o can Do. I didnt try a movie yet, but i will let you know how it sounds with the veritas.

How do the RC-10's blend with the Veritas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post

Yeah it is. You better change all of your speakers again biggrin.gif

LOL!
post #49063 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menasor View Post


You guys are welcome! Btw batpig I just noticed how many posts you and afrogt have amassed over the past few years eek.gif

But we're nowhere close to jdsmoothie. I think he's over 36,000.

post #49064 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post


How do the RC-10's blend with the Veritas?
How come rc 10 sound much better than the Mordaunt?
post #49065 of 51453
Hadn't been on here for a bit, but to jump back on and see what the current conversation is about. Looks like some people have picked up some nice speakers lately! Am seeing some new RC's, and some of the v2 Veritas line in the pages leading up to here. smile.gif
It is a bit of a bummer to not see this thread as bustling as much as it was when the RC's were still shipping...but is great to have the regulars still around. smile.gif
post #49066 of 51453
Hi All,

I'm new to the forums and just picked up a set of v-mini's.. Does anyone have any suggestions on what receiver to go with? I'm considering the Marantz NR1604 but I'm concerned about it being underpowered for these speakers.

Thoughts?
post #49067 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizimes View Post

When I bought my RC 70's and LCR from Vann's a while back on sale, I'm pretty sure they still had the rosenut available for purchase. I went with the black ash. Now every time I see a pic of that beautiful finish I am kicking myself in the butt!

Well, if you are looking to start making the switch to the Rosenut finish, I have my RC-LCR for sale!smile.gif

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1485501/energy-rc-lcr-in-beautiful-rosenut-finish
post #49068 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsp1711 View Post

Hi All,

I'm new to the forums and just picked up a set of v-mini's.. Does anyone have any suggestions on what receiver to go with? I'm considering the Marantz NR1604 but I'm concerned about it being underpowered for these speakers.

Thoughts?


I have the NR1402 and Im using it with my veritas v mini,I try the reciever with my veritas towers and sub and it was making my towers scream the sub was making my walls and floor vibrating.

We are talking about very efficient speakers.
Edited by losservatore - 8/28/13 at 7:16pm
post #49069 of 51453
Is there any reason why you want the new version of the slim marantz ,I paid $250 for my NR1402 from audio advisor,you can also find a good sale from accessories4less.
post #49070 of 51453
My needs are pretty basic, so I'm open to suggestions.. I mentioned the NR1604 because I happened to come across it online.. I have a total of 5 speakers and 1 sub indoors and 2 outdoor speakers I'm looking to power with this receiver.. I need something that airplay compatible and supports 2 zones.
post #49071 of 51453
The Marantz 1604 is fine for that purpose, so are the 1603 and sr5007. If a slimline model is not required I'd opt for the 5007.
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MANR1603
http://www.accessories4less.com/index.php?page=item&id=MARSR5007&gclid=CPa64PDPobkCFWfhQgodUQYAtw

plus plenty of Denon receivers would fit the bill too.
post #49072 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsp1711 View Post

My needs are pretty basic, so I'm open to suggestions.. I mentioned the NR1604 because I happened to come across it online.. I have a total of 5 speakers and 1 sub indoors and 2 outdoor speakers I'm looking to power with this receiver.. I need something that airplay compatible and supports 2 zones.


Any reason why you need the slim receiver?space limitation,for a bedroom or just like the look?

1 If you have the space for a regular size reciever

2 if is not for a bedroom

3 don't care about the slim look,


I recommend a regular size receiver

You will save more money and and probably get more extra features with a regular size receiver.
post #49073 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

Any reason why you need the slim receiver?space limitation,for a bedroom or just like the look?

1 If you have the space for a regular size reciever

2 if is not for a bedroom

3 don't care about the slim look,


I recommend a regular size receiver

You will save more money and and probably get more extra features with a regular size receiver.

Mostly for the look, and I'm somewhat limited on space. I love the look of the Marantz models, but they do come at a premium. Future Shop has the Yamaha RXV673 B on sale for $500. It's $250 less than the NR1604 and appears to offer similar functionality.
post #49074 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

Any reason why you need the slim receiver?space limitation,for a bedroom or just like the look?

1 If you have the space for a regular size reciever

2 if is not for a bedroom

3 don't care about the slim look,


I recommend a regular size receiver

You will save more money and and probably get more extra features with a regular size receiver.

Mostly for the look, and I'm somewhat limited on space. I love the look of the Marantz models, but they do come at a premium. Future Shop has the Yamaha RXV673 B on sale for $500. It's $250 less than the NR1604 and appears to offer similar functionality.
post #49075 of 51453
post #49076 of 51453
post #49077 of 51453
The 1602 won't give him second zone Airplay that he wants. You can use airplay in zone 2 to but it also has to be on in the main zone.

1603 and 1604 let you use airplay in zone 2 while another source can be playing in the main zone.
post #49078 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb4467 View Post

Hadn't been on here for a bit, but to jump back on and see what the current conversation is about. Looks like some people have picked up some nice speakers lately! Am seeing some new RC's, and some of the v2 Veritas line in the pages leading up to here. smile.gif
It is a bit of a bummer to not see this thread as bustling as much as it was when the RC's were still shipping...but is great to have the regulars still around. smile.gif

There have been huge spaces with no posts but if you'd been following you would see that the regulars are always lurking in the background and come out of nowhere to help when they're needed. Like guardian angels!

As far as new acquisitions...I just scored a set of V2.1's in cherry. After finding a crack in the tweeter surround I was refunded $50 so I ended up paying $177.50 shipped. These things are simply awesome! You'll notice I didn't say "for the price" or "for the size". They are just incredible sounding speakers. They lack the dedicated mids of the V2.2's and up, but they did a great job on the crossovers and they've got those wonderful-sounding tweeters. I actually have been running them stereo and listening to them instead of my V2.3's/V2.0C/V2.0R's. HUGE soundstage! I honestly had to unplug my subwoofers and surrounds just to be sure the sound was all coming from the little V2.1's! I urge everyone to nab a pair if you can, if only to experience the second-generation Veritas sound. I REALLY didn't need them but I couldn't resist them "for the price".
post #49079 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fears4Ears View Post

There have been huge spaces with no posts but if you'd been following you would see that the regulars are always lurking in the background and come out of nowhere to help when they're needed. Like guardian angels!

As far as new acquisitions...I just scored a set of V2.1's in cherry. After finding a crack in the tweeter surround I was refunded $50 so I ended up paying $177.50 shipped. These things are simply awesome! You'll notice I didn't say "for the price" or "for the size". They are just incredible sounding speakers. They lack the dedicated mids of the V2.2's and up, but they did a great job on the crossovers and they've got those wonderful-sounding tweeters. I actually have been running them stereo and listening to them instead of my V2.3's/V2.0C/V2.0R's. HUGE soundstage! I honestly had to unplug my subwoofers and surrounds just to be sure the sound was all coming from the little V2.1's! I urge everyone to nab a pair if you can, if only to experience the second-generation Veritas sound. I REALLY didn't need them but I couldn't resist them "for the price".

Congrats! Nice score. Where did you get them btw? Also, you need to post some pics!
post #49080 of 51453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menasor View Post

Congrats! Nice score. Where did you get them btw? Also, you need to post some pics!

If my room looked as nice as yours I'd throw some pics up! I checked out draperies today. I want to take down the stupid plantation shutters. They rattle like crazy with all the subwoofage in my room! Trouble is, it would take 27 feet of black-out curtains to do what I want to do!

The V2.1's I got off eBay. Actually, quite a few have been popping up, as well as V2.2's and V2.0C centers. I bought a spare center in case I need to rob a woofer. I also bought an additional woofer for the center and a spare woofer for the V2.3's. I also bought a V2.1WM wall mount for $77, so that gives me a backup for the woofer for my V2.2WM or V2.2HM. I also got a mid/tweeter module for backup on the V2.3's. I'm thinking about building a box for my V2.2HM horizontal mount and trying that as a center. It just might match the V2.3's better. I could then use the two centers vertically as my multi-channel surrounds and the V2.1's for wides eventually. I think I'm set!


So why do I keep watching eBay for deals?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread