or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Energy Owners Thread - Page 1644

post #49291 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

Hello energy guys, if you have a 7.1 energy system, which decoders you prefer most while watching blu ray movies? And why? Thanks.
neo x sounds natural and center vocals are very clear
post #49292 of 51489
Calgary cowboys:

Personnally, yes i've got my 2 rc 70s for 600$ while they were on 2 for 1 sale. The sale clearly excluded the veritas line, but nothing was said on the rc line. So even if they tried to hoax me, and refused to sell them to me, I didn't take a no as answer. It was written nowhere, no erratum was present in store, nor on the site... They legally had nothing to prove me wrong, and they knew it. So the customer service gave me what I wanted. Boring, but it works like that in commerce. Complain upwards, by respecting the hierarchy, until you get what you want. If you demand is legit, works 100% of the time.

Didn't have to scream, just exposed the legal facts one by one in a very rigid but rather diligent way.
post #49293 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarghon View Post

Calgary cowboys:

Personnally, yes i've got my 2 rc 70s for 600$ while they were on 2 for 1 sale. The sale clearly excluded the veritas line, but nothing was said on the rc line. So even if they tried to hoax me, and refused to sell them to me, I didn't take a no as answer. It was written nowhere, no erratum was present in store, nor on the site... They legally had nothing to prove me wrong, and they knew it. So the customer service gave me what I wanted. Boring, but it works like that in commerce. Complain upwards, by respecting the hierarchy, until you get what you want. If you demand is legit, works 100% of the time.

Didn't have to scream, just exposed the legal facts one by one in a very rigid but rather diligent way.
When was this sale?
post #49294 of 51489
a month ago brendelac... It happens once in a while!
post #49295 of 51489
was happy to get them at that price, thought about selling that pair (because I already had one) for a profit... Might do so, but for now, they are awesome surround speakers !
post #49296 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarghon View Post

a month ago brendelac... It happens once in a while!
so they were $300 each? I've never seen them below $350.
post #49297 of 51489
well they were at 600$ each, but with the "supposedly" aimed towards connoisseur line buy one get one free promo, yes, I,ve paid 300$ each
post #49298 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarghon View Post

well they were at 600$ each, but with the "supposedly" aimed towards connoisseur line buy one get one free promo, yes, I,ve paid 300$ each
I see. I'm surprised they made that mistake again. That's how I got my RC70s back in early 2012.
post #49299 of 51489
What's really amazing is that they originally retailed for $2000 a pair. They are also highly reviewed by several big name audio sites/magazines. If it wasn't for Energy's parent company being bought out by Klipsch (who right after got bought out by Audiovox) these speakers would be going for a lot more right now. Years after being discontinued they are still being produced and are superior to Energy's current offerings (about on par with Veritas).

I got mine months ago in the Frys $300 farewell blowout sale. Apparently the lowest they ever retailed for before stock dried up completely. They are currently going for $600 per speaker at frys but they are back-ordered and who knows if they will ever come back into stock.
post #49300 of 51489
The fine print in the deal excluded the Veritas and discontinued product. We all know the RC series is discontinued but Future Shop does not list them as such anywhere. I think that is where they messed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarghon View Post

Calgary cowboys:

Personnally, yes i've got my 2 rc 70s for 600$ while they were on 2 for 1 sale. The sale clearly excluded the veritas line, but nothing was said on the rc line. So even if they tried to hoax me, and refused to sell them to me, I didn't take a no as answer. It was written nowhere, no erratum was present in store, nor on the site... They legally had nothing to prove me wrong, and they knew it. So the customer service gave me what I wanted. Boring, but it works like that in commerce. Complain upwards, by respecting the hierarchy, until you get what you want. If you demand is legit, works 100% of the time.

Didn't have to scream, just exposed the legal facts one by one in a very rigid but rather diligent way.
post #49301 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfist9 View Post

What's really amazing is that they originally retailed for $2000 a pair.
Whats amazing to me is the markup that they must have put on them at $2000 because surely they must still be making a profit (if only marginally) at $400. God bless capitalism.
Edited by brendelac - 9/24/13 at 2:10pm
post #49302 of 51489
Calgary cowboy: most of what Futureshop sells is discontinued, in the audio department. They do a lot of cash that way by selling stuff at a "lower regular price" than other competitors. For sure: They sell their Klipsch rf600b, which are in fact rebadged rf gen one, at the price of rf IIs. It's their motto.

Like you say, they use the term " discontinued " for excluding them of bigger promos. They don't want to affix "discontinued" on good sellers, because it would tag an "outdated" status in a customer mind that was already willing to pay more for a renowned product. Henceforth, they don't label their good selling stuff as "discontinued" anywhere. But they do so with clearance items that are poor sellers and often sell under the cost. In fact, their promos clearly exclude clearance items, like every store does. But discontinued items can't be excluded clearly because they are still "regular" stock for future shop since they can still order some stock and their price fluctuates... And clearance prices are final. and they only go down.

Sorry if it seems like I'm giving a "commerce ****** practices" 101 course...I didn't want it to look that way for sure. But I work in managing,and sadly, it's how it works...

To add further ridiculousness to their practices, last week they upped the price of the rc70 to 1000$ a piece, regular price. This week, they put them on sale, at 400$ a piece, with a ridiculous regular price of ... 500$. Lol, they want to trick us prior to a sale, by upping their price and make us think, woooow what a deal... And they counter-attack with a reduction of regular price making you think that you save 100$ a piece on sale week..Contradiction!! Ahaha they try to hoax us a week, and the week after they say the opposite. What an unclear, dishonest pricing strategy. And a badly managed company that is bound to disappear in 5 years or so...

Enough spitting on a company that still gave me great deals ( after I refused being tricked of course biggrin.gif
post #49303 of 51489
Hi guys is my surrounds are over kill?


post #49304 of 51489
They are mismatched?
post #49305 of 51489
Yes lol. What do you think?
post #49306 of 51489
Caloyzki, I don't think they are overkill. Just think they need a little more breathing room in the back!
post #49307 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarghon View Post

Caloyzki, I don't think they are overkill. Just think they need a little more breathing room in the back!
I know but very limited space sir. That's all i can do. Hehe
post #49308 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

Hi guys is my surrounds are over kill?


I think you've redefined nearfield.

Do you have front-height or front-wide speakers? If you do not, but do have space for them, I think you'd be better with your RC10s in either of those positions - wide would probably be your best choice.
post #49309 of 51489
mr Caloyzki : I think you had a wall-mounted center in the back before, and a 6.1 setup . Do you prefer it that way?

And I concur ( with Brendelac) about the front height setup.. Didn't hear it yet, but the general consensus seems to be that even if there isn't a lot of mixes using them, they do contribute giving a better image, and a strong "vocal" presence in movies... Still a newbie, but I think it does make sense hehe
post #49310 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post

I think you've redefined nearfield.

Do you have front-height or front-wide speakers? If you do not, but do have space for them, I think you'd be better with your RC10s in either of those positions - wide would probably be your best choice.

I dont have heights. But i can try the rc 10 as my wides. Is adding wides mucb better compare to surround backs interms of while watching movies? And also if u said wides cN i jist put the rc 10 inside position of my front left and right or it should be outside of the front left Nd right. Or it doesnt matter?
post #49311 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

No front height or wides. Living room is too small. Thats the only place i can put those two extra speakers. Lol. Just experimenting my set up.
Ya try with two and four surround speakers and if you like all four then stick with them, but that V2.0C and V5.2C are probably worth $500. If it were me, I'd probably put that money towards something else like a used emotiva amp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

I dont have heights. But i can try the rc 10 as my wides. Is adding wides mucb better compare to surround backs interms of while watching movies? And also if u said wides cN i jist put the rc 10 inside position of my front left and right or it should be outside of the front left Nd right. Or it doesnt matter?

Outside.

I haven't personally tested these to verify for myself, but the general consensus is that you will get more benefit from front-wide speakers than from front-height speakers. I believe rear surrounds are the least important of the three.
post #49312 of 51489
^^^^ Yeah and then after you buy the Emo amp you should sell everything^^^^rolleyes.gif
post #49313 of 51489
Thanks for the input guys. I will try the wides now. And i am not really interested in any amp. Not that audiophile. Just a simple set up and im goood. Thanks.
post #49314 of 51489
I'm pretty sure having $1500msrp worth of center channels behind your head already puts you beyond "simple setup". tongue.gif
post #49315 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

I dont have heights. But i can try the rc 10 as my wides. Is adding wides mucb better compare to surround backs interms of while watching movies? And also if u said wides cN i jist put the rc 10 inside position of my front left and right or it should be outside of the front left Nd right. Or it doesnt matter?

They wouldn't really be wide if you put them inside the position of your front speakers. But give it a try, you might like it.

That photo of the 4 speakers around the couch is definitely what one would call "surround sound". I bet you don't turn up the volume very high.
post #49316 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

I'm pretty sure having $1500msrp worth of center channels behind your head already puts you beyond "simple setup". tongue.gif

Lol sir bat, you make me laugh. tongue.gif
post #49317 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

They wouldn't really be wide if you put them inside the position of your front speakers. But give it a try, you might like it.

That photo of the 4 speakers around the couch is definitely what one would call "surround sound". I bet you don't turn up the volume very high.
Okay.thanks I just put them outside.
post #49318 of 51489
Here is my set up before which is with surround back which is i think very nice but its too loud after watching star trek, coz all the surrounds speakers are closer to each other. Maybe if i have a bigger place this set up is a go to go for me.




And this is what i ended up now as per the member brandalec, and i just run audyssey and i think the space for my fronts are just fine with additional of the wides, and might try a movie tomorrow and we'll see how will be the sounds with wides.


post #49319 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorMachine View Post

I only saw it for the first time at home on blu-ray the other day. I loved it! It gives me hope for Star Wars.

But dude, you wouldn't BELIEVE how the bass freaks tear this movie down. They don't think its bass extension is low enough, they say it doesn't have enough dynamic range and, worst of all, it's full of clipping. No joke, the bass forum people absolutely hate STID's audio track, they see it as a catastrophic failure.

I believe when I watched this, I was left a little "unsatisfied" in that area too. Was this in DD only? That possibly affects things.
post #49320 of 51489
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

Hello energy guys, if you have a 7.1 energy system, which decoders you prefer most while watching blu ray movies? And why? Thanks.
I believe I use "Straight" for Blu-Ray, but there is still a 5.1 to 7.1 surround matrix used called "extended surround", which I believe I have set to Dolby PLIIx Movie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread